Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest DavidJCW

Reading Post Match

Jimmy Kebe absolutely raped us down our left hand side.

Draw would have been fair, but that last minute pen is a right kick in the bollocks. Reading did have their fair share of chances to be honest, so I wouldn't say we were the better side. A draw would have been fair.

Thought we were due a point tonight

First half, apart from the last 10 mins of it, lets be honest, we were awful.

We didnt win the first or second ball in midfield, we were a yard too slow, their goal was a joke (i.e. McGibbon going back onto the f'ing goal line rather than trying to stop Kebe even AFTER he had time to turnafter rounding the keeper).

Waggy's goal was superb. Nice ball in and a controlled (if there is such a thing) diving header angled right into the corner. Sign him up!

Second half, in control without creating a great deal. Closest we came was through the typically energetic and willing Dyer. Thought in all honesty after Griffin got booked we would look to exploit him more and get Dyer running at him more and more to try to induce more fouls. No complaints about the penalty really.

Points from the game:-

1) 451/433 works well in most games, but tends to leave Waggy very isolated at times, so id be tempted to play DNG rather than Gallagher seeing as he is more robust and can be more of an outlet

2) No plan B when teams try to slow things down, play on the break and get men behind the ball. The midfield seem to break out into bouts of 'crab football' at low tempo

3) Are Oakleys days coming to an end? seems to be hauled off a lot recently and isnt having much impact on the pitch either

3) Jack Hobbs is an absolute man mountain and MUST be in the PFA championship team of the season

Poor, we got what we deserved.

In patches we were bright, but overall we were pretty dour. We're always going to have games like this though, Reading are a very good side.

We're still fourth, but you wouldn't fucking know it from the reaction of a large portion of our 'fans' tonight.

Also, the commentary mixed with music before the match is usually bad enough... so why on earth did they play S****horpe scoring a consolation goal vs us? EMBARASSING.

Poor, we got what we deserved.

In patches we were bright, but overall we were pretty dour. We're always going to have games like this though, Reading are a very good side.

We're still fourth, but you wouldn't fucking know it from the reaction of a large portion of our 'fans' tonight.

Also, the commentary mixed with music before the match is usually bad enough... so why on earth did they play S****horpe scoring a consolation goal vs us? EMBARASSING.

1) Youre right about the pre match build up featuring other teams goals, that is embarrasing

2) Reading are NOT a VERY good side. They are a run of the mill championship team who happen to have hit a bit of form all of a sudden. Their bubble will burst soon enough.

You aint gonna get nowhere with players like Zurab Kisinishivishinishivishinilli and Gregorsz "im a shite beanpole came over on a tomato truck" Rasiak

Reading are a decent enough side. The turnaround they've made in recent months is spectacular. At one point they were 23rd, and now they are on the verge of the play-offs.

As for us, three very tough away games coming up now. Derby away, Cardiff away and West Brom away. The next 10 days are gonna be a true test of character - hopefully the boys will come through it positively.

McGivern. Everything about him is frustrating, even when he does manage to win the ball he'll end up scuffing it and giving it straight back to them.

Lloyd Dyer surely our Motm as he seemed the only person the least bit bothered and the fella that kicked him in the head should have got a red.

Should have been a draw but could have gone either way, sadly not ours today but I think we were lucky that our goal-line clearance wasn't given as it looked over to me.

1) Youre right about the pre match build up featuring other teams goals, that is embarrasing

2) Reading are NOT a VERY good side. They are a run of the mill championship team who happen to have hit a bit of form all of a sudden. Their bubble will burst soon enough.

Accidently gave you a rep point then lol

They are a good side. They're certainly better than some sides we've seen here this season.

28 points from a possible 33 also suggests that they're pretty good at the moment too. They've also a few Premiership scalps including Liverpool from cup competitions. They also battered us at the Mad Stad, despite us winning.

If we want to be gaining promotion, we should be taking points from teams like this. But it's not like we've lost points to another sub-standard outfit like Bristol City or Preston for example.

Accidently gave you a rep point then lol

They are a good side. They're certainly better than some sides we've seen here this season.

28 points from a possible 33 also suggests that they're pretty good at the moment too. They've also a few Premiership scalps including Liverpool from cup competitions. They also battered us at the Mad Stad, despite us winning.

If we want to be gaining promotion, we should be taking points from teams like this. But it's not like we've lost points to another sub-standard outfit like Bristol City or Preston for example..

Agree with what youve said

except

Preston are better than Reading man for man in pretty much every area of the pitch and are languishing on the back of a dreadful season that started with so much promise. Darren Ferguson will have that side in the playoffs next season GUARANTEED

Andddd...

Andy Griffin, what a cock. How on earth did Dyer get booked for that!? He did fook all wrong. It was all Griffin grabbing and pushing him, Dyer was originally trying to walk away from him until Griffin pulled him back and then shoved him :frusty:

Does anyone know what exactly happened to McAnuff? It was quite worrying to see that he got carried off on a stretcher. He looked to be in real agony.

I'm pretty sure he slid in on King, which looked to be a foul but wasn't given. Then he started frantically signalling for help. Yet some morons booed him. :rolleyes:

Kisanishvilli dealt with the long ball every single time, it got embarrassing.

Spearing looked decent when he came on.

Against one lone striker who is about 5ft5

Yeah, what a towering aerial giant.

hes shit

:thumbup:

Jimmy Kebe absolutely raped us down our left hand side.

Draw would have been fair, but that last minute pen is a right kick in the bollocks. Reading did have their fair share of chances to be honest, so I wouldn't say we were the better side. A draw would have been fair.

Agree completley with this post, though imo they are a poor team who we made look good. their 1 good player was kebe, who as previous posters of mentioned absoluty dominated the left side.

I feel nervous everytime mcgivern is anywhere near the ball, we need bruno back hopefully sooner rather then later.

That said we are still 7 points clear of 7th and no team other then possibly reading look like gatecrashing the play-offs

I thought we were absolutly shit in the first half and lucky to be level. However, straight after we equalised we had a few chances which should have been taken. This shows we really dont score enough and sometimes need 3 chances to score.

Although I thought we looked better in the secnd half, I never had the feeling we were going to score, and I think they probably had the better chances. McGivern was done far too easily again down that side, Oakley did fook all, Gallagher once again did fook all, the defence I thought looked a bit shaky, with the only players coming out of the game who played well were Dyer and Waghorn.

N'Guessan came pn and was shit as well, didnt look like he could be bothered and looked unfit.

I had a bad feeling about this game, and my Reading mate at Uni called this one. I don't believe a single scapegoat is needed; the team as a whole just didn't get going. It's a bit worrying that when things don't go according to Plan A, there doesn't seem to be a Plan B.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. We'll win at Derby.

Does anyone know what exactly happened to McAnuff? It was quite worrying to see that he got carried off on a stretcher. He looked to be in real agony.

It wasn't McAnuff, the announcer got it wrong, it was Jay Tabb and it came about because he slid in through the back of Wellens from the drop ball after the big fight.

It wasn't McAnuff, the announcer got it wrong, it was Jay Tabb and it came about because he slid in through the back of Wellens from the drop ball after the big fight.

Yeah i said that to my dad. How the announcer can get Jay Tabb and Jobi Mcanuff mixed up is beyond me. Can't believe some idiots booed him he was clearly in a lot of pain and had done nothing to disgruntle the fans.

Their midfield pretty much walked over us... it was a very poor performance.

And thank you Mr Referee... That wasnt a penalty

sorry sam I disagree, it was a penalty Nobby was tackling from behiond and didn't get the ball

Disapointing. A minor family emergency meant that I had no chance of getting to the game, another wasted ticket.

Taken along with the Coventry game we seem to be tired and jaded, bit of a worry with the games we have coming up. Our passing game has all but disappeared and we are resorting, once again to the long ball, a sure sign that we are tired, both physically and mentally. Reading's game plan was decent enough but it was entirely predictable and we seemed to have no idea how to deal with it. Fortunately none of the teams around us look good enough to take advantage.

Normally after our recent performances I would be calling for Pearson to make some decisive changes and freshen things up, N'Guessan or Vaughan (if he ever gets fit) down the middle, Waghorn on the right and drop Gallagher into midfield to see if he can provide the creative spark that is so obviously missing, would for me be the starting points.

However, I can not see Pearson deviating from the (conservative) approach that has served him so well, so expect to see more of the same, he will no doubt try to shake things up with some well chosen words, but in the end he will try to and get us to 'bully' our way through to the playoffs, and realistically who can blame him!

Ironic that after all their dangerous play coming down our left, their winner came from a mistake on our right.

Was it Hobbs who made the mistake? Unfortunate because he was unbelievable again last night. I absolutely love Lloyd at the moment too.

Didn't think we were too bad in the first half and the game turned very poor in the second. Fair play to Reading, they exposed our weakness without looking like a side in great form. Three tough games coming up. I can definitely see us back in the pack by Easter. Fortunately after WBA, it gets a little easier!

Another team came that didn't cross the halfway line and we couldn't break them down.

I think McGivern is a centre back, not a left back. Therefore, he naturally didn't close Kebe down before their first goal. McGivern had a decent game, not outstanding but not rubbish either.

Oakley was poor, he offers nothing.

Hobbs was immense again.

Not sure about there goals, I thought we sent him wide. Penalty? No complaining, it shouldn't have been 1-1 anyway. Solano going through the back of someone? Expierience should tell him better.

There is no point in kicking the ball upfield to three players that are never going to win a header. A big man should be in if we are playing that game, please ensure the full backs go short.

Dyer, as well as he played, should have knocked the ball back.

5 points dropped in 2 games we should have won. Dissapointing. We have to do it the hard way, QPR, West Brom, Derby etc very, very hard.

Archived