Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Best Stadium in the Championship

Just travelled down today to watch the boys at Brighton. I have to say that I am very impressed with their stadium. Must be the best in this division, albeit, a bit corporate. Suggestions for best/worst ground visited this season or indeed any season.

post-16182-0-13826600-1386425357_thumb.j

Not a fan of it myself.

The stand to the left is Premier League standard, the one opposite is League Two standard, to your right is Championship standard and the one you're in is League One standard.

Truly a stadium that transcends all divisions lol 

Not a fan of it myself.

The stand to the left is Premier League standard, the one opposite is League Two standard, to your right is Championship standard and the one you're in is League One standard.

I also like The Den cos it's modern but has four seperate stands.

Agree with all of that.

All the newer stadiums are bottom of the barrel. Ugly, boring and tasteless. 3 of Barnsley's stands make up for their one shit one. I'd much prefer that style than ours. The Den is probably the best of a bad bunch out of the newer stadiums.

But ours, Derby's, Middlessbrough's, Bolton's, Doncaster's, Reading's etc would all be towards the bottom of my list. They're all pretty much the same ground anyway.

I'm not keen on the semi-circle stands at Brighton, Huddersfield and Bolton either. And Brighton only has one remotely decent stand.

I think this league has some of the best in the country.

1. Hillsborough

2. Elland Road

3. The Shitty Ground.

Would all go in my top 5 stadiums. They've got everything you'd want; a good size, impressive and varied stands, a 'Kop' style home end, and good acoustics.

Portman Road, The Valley, Turf Moor (to an extent) and Oakwell (again to an extent) are nice grounds as well.

Best I've actually visited, Old Trafford for 1974 FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool.

At the time it was about to become the biggest stadium in the old second division!

Worst has to be Harlow, Jan 1980 for the 3rd round replay. Sloping grass/mud banking instead of terraces and a bog of a car park.

The result didn't help lighten the mood either.

Our stadium doesn't look great but I have to say I have sat in almost every side of the ground at different levels and always had a full view of the game.

I went to Chelsea the other year and could barely see the pitch at all. That was awful.

I don't mind occasionally having to move my head around a bit though. When I stand in K at home games I usually have to do that anyway because I'm not the tallest :P

I'd sacrifice a small, less significant part of the pitch for a lovely looking, atmospheric ground.

The shame is, our stadium is new, we could have built a much nicer one without restricted views.

Our stadium doesn't look great but I have to say I have sat in almost every side of the ground at different levels and always had a full view of the game.

Don't get me wrong it's a nice enough stadium view wise. But go to Southampton, Reading, Derby etc and you'll have exactly the same views.

Me personally I prefer old grounds with more character and history.

Don't get me wrong it's a nice enough stadium view wise. But go to Southampton, Reading, Derby etc and you'll have exactly the same views.

Me personally I prefer old grounds with more character and history.

I really liked Maine road,and think the etihad is fantastic,as is st hames park,in our division,gotta admit I like hillsbrough?

Archived