Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Amiga

player manager, speed ball 2... those were the days.... don't make games like they used to do....

I loved Speedball 2...

And New Zealand Story... and a weird Who Framed Roger Rabbit game!

This should bring back a few memories :thumbup:

How good did Another World and Flashback look! Damn hard games tho... kids nowadays would give up.

nothing and i mean absolutely NOTHING beats the music of computer games back then.....

How good did Another World and Flashback look! Damn hard games tho... kids nowadays would give up.

Both great games and you got a real sense of achievement finishing them.

Especially as Flashback used to randomly lock up on my PC in those days!

That was well creepy until Doom came out - now playing Doom in a dark room was really scary!

I plyed Doom with the lights off the other day. It's still terrifying

So many good games! The ones that initially strike me are Monkey Island, Cannon Fodder, Lemmings, Sensible Soccer, Sim City, Zool, Desert Strike, Prince Of Persia. I remember playing Pang on an arcade machine in an English pub in Mallorca run by Leicester fans while watching the replay of the 1997 League Cup final with my mum and dad. There were a couple of Boro fans in there, my mum let my drink Sangria, it was a good night.

Also, seeing the game Pushover reminded me of the Quavers guy from these adverts

Brilliant.

I can't believe how crap they look. I had a Commodore 64 for years and when the Amiga came out we all thought it was brilliant, but it's not THAT much better is it?

Lies! About double the resolution, palletised 12-bit colour depth, tracker music and much faster with a 32/16bit Motorola processor instead of 8-bit, half a megabyte of memory compared to 64k, they were the first major jump for ages - the differences are huge. Amigas were awesome and the best thing that side of 486 PC's with VGA. I was well envious of a mate's back in the day.

http://dailyscreenshots.de/screenshot/sabre-wulf/c64-1451081

That isn't much worse than those in the videos earlier in the thread you say?

Lies! About double the resolution, palletised 12-bit colour depth, tracker music and much faster with a 32/16bit Motorola processor instead of 8-bit, half a megabyte of memory compared to 64k, they were the first major jump for ages - the differences are huge. Amigas were awesome and the best thing that side of 486 PC's with VGA. I was well envious of a mate's back in the day.

http://dailyscreenshots.de/screenshot/sabre-wulf/c64-1451081

That isn't much worse than those in the videos earlier in the thread you say?

That's cheating! That's a Commodore 64 game from 1984 that was ported straight across from the bleeding Spectrum, it's not going to look very good is it?

You got more colours and greater resolution with the Amiga, but the sound chip wasn't that amazing, although it seemed more impressive because it had the extra memory to use for samples.

I'm not saying it wasn't better, but it didn't take me long to think it was a bit of a swizz at the time when the bloody thing cost £400 and then you had to pay £25 a pop for games that were basically slightly posher versions of the ones you'd been playing before. I never looked at it and thought 'I have GOT TO get one of these' in the same way that I did when I first played Tomb Raider and Pro Evo or whatever it was called originally on the Playstation, or Quake on a PC.

That's cheating! That's a Commodore 64 game from 1984 that was ported straight across from the bleeding Spectrum, it's not going to look very good is it?

You got more colours and greater resolution with the Amiga, but the sound chip wasn't that amazing, although it seemed more impressive because it had the extra memory to use for samples.

I'm not saying it wasn't better, but it didn't take me long to think it was a bit of a swizz at the time when the bloody thing cost £400 and then you had to pay £25 a pop for games that were basically slightly posher versions of the ones you'd been playing before. I never looked at it and thought 'I have GOT TO get one of these' in the same way that I did when I first played Tomb Raider and Pro Evo or whatever it was called originally on the Playstation, or Quake on a PC.

Its not the best example, but graphically it was a huge leap forward:

Super Hang-On, for example:

http://www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/f..._hang-on_05.gif

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/screenshot..._hang-on_04.png

OK, the C64 got a lot of the same games ported across, usually badly, but its as big a leap forward as any other - I mean the C64 had the original wireframe Elite, the Amiga had Frontier. That's a pretty huge leap to my eyes. The SID was awesome, I agree but trackers, man! Trackers!

<3 Amiga.

• 1 year later...

Seeing Daggers avatar and profile brought back good memories. I had an Amiga 500, and I still have my Amiga 1200, even tho it is stashed away at my parents place, and I moved out of their home 14 years ago. :P

So many great games, but I would also like to point out the demo scene. It was the best.

I was in a demo crew, attended a few parties, and had contacts all over Europe. I was active in the scene from 1990-1995.

Anyone else? :)

I've just watched it and seen the might that was Stunt Car Racer.

Memories! :cry:

So many classics there that i used to love. Another World, Flashback, Sensible Soccer, Rick Dangerous, Bubble Bobble, Lemmings etc etc.

After starting with a Vic20 (i think it was called?!) then Spectrum, Commodore 64, the Amiga came on the scene. It seemed like some sort of super computer!!! I can honestly say my best ever gaming experiences were on the mighty Amiga.

Downloaded Flashback yesterday. (but having trouble getting it to work. :( )

Downloaded flashback and got it work (eventually) using that Dos Box thingy that i also had to download in order to run the game. Only problem is, theres no sound. And its just not the same without the sound. :(

Can anyone help please?

Archived