Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes-are-blue

X BOX or P/S3

For an upgrade, PS3. Already know the controls and it's pretty much the same.

You can't play PS2 games on the 40gb version but you can on the bigger ones :)

And there are plenty of better reviews on the internet than any you'd get from a sports forum :whistle:

I have a PS3 and although its been left gathering dust due to my Uni work, it is definitely worth buying! Its a fantastic console with some great game and no doubt more to come. Its future proof somewhat and also doubles up as a blue ray player. As said by DB11 though, better off looking at specific gaming sites for reviews but I'm going for the PS3 on this, not that I'm biased or anything.

Depends how much birthday money he'll be getting. An x-box is 120-60 bash. PS3 about 340 I think. The games look the same to me and I've been on my cousins x-box360, it's bangin, live play with the headset is a great laugh. Winding up the yanks is just so simple.

Depends how much birthday money he'll be getting. An x-box is 120-60 bash. PS3 about 340 I think. The games look the same to me and I've been on my cousins x-box360, it's bangin, live play with the headset is a great laugh. Winding up the yanks is just so simple.

Theres no question the 360 is a lot better value - though with the live subscription fee, its not a huuuge amount. Going by Amazons prices (which means you can get them cheaper elsewhere), a 60gb 360 will set you back £160, so around £200 when your subscriptions and maybe a battery pack or something.

You can pick up games fairly cheap, though theres not really any difference between PS3 and 360 game prices.

A 80gb PS3 is around £290, so around 90 quid difference all things taken into account.

For me, at the minute the 360 is superior - but i seen the PS3 as an investment. I'm glad i was able to get both - if i didnt have a 360, i'd never have played games like Gears of War, if i didnt have a PS3, i'd never have playd Metal Gear Solid 4.

Games like MGS4 show what the PS3 is really capable of - but for now, 360 is king.

How old's the kid? If hes just a casual gamer, as in just plays consoles occasionally, go for the 360, without a doubt.

If he's a bit older, and will develop into a more regular gamer, i see the PS3 as an investment as i said earlier, so will last longer.

14 months ago, faced with the decision of a 360 or PS3, i chose the 360 because of its price and more of my friends had one. And i dont regret that.

12 months later, i bought a PS3, and i dont regret that either. They are both excellent machines. Both have good points, both bad.

The only reason I haven't got one of the above consoles yet is because I fear that it would take over my life. I used to be addicted to PS2 and if I got a x-box I know I'd never get off it. I used to play FM08 about 12 hours a day on pc, I only don't anymore cos for some reason my FM09 won't install.

Unless somebody really comes up with a face-to-face comparison that proves that the PS3 is actually better in terms of graphics, I'd recommend the XBOX 360. Cheaper (but only in price) and with a lot more classy games available.

However, if your kid's been a Playstation fan for years and wants to continue playing old games as well, then there's no way around the successor.

Unless somebody really comes up with a face-to-face comparison that proves that the PS3 is actually better in terms of graphics, I'd recommend the XBOX 360. Cheaper (but only in price) and with a lot more classy games available.

However, if your kid's been a Playstation fan for years and wants to continue playing old games as well, then there's no way around the successor.

For now,

Playstation will have some good games out within a year or 2

Graphics Comparison - check it out.

PS3 - KILLZONE 2. ENOUGH SAID :yesyes:

Even though I bought my PS3 on release (23 March 2007?) and the arrival of this title has been coming for a long time, I'm not so sure I'll be getting it.

Graphics and the clever AI are the only good things about it. It's a pity the controls don't match up to them.

The AI is fast, so why isn't your controllable character? Balls up if you ask me. COD4 and Gears 2 are far more responsive.

Archived