Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

Going to the movies on your own

53 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been to the movies on your own?

Was having a convo tonight is going to the movies on your own Sad? have you done it? Do you do it regularly? Do you feel like a bit of a nobby no-mates?

I've done it once, felt like a bit of a tool but i was in Leicester and knew no-one and it was on a Thursday arvo at the highcross and i watched the social network. Wanted to see the film knew no one and was bored. Actually very very rarely go to the movies so to go on my own was really weird.

The only thing sad about it would be sitting there worrying about whether or not other people think you're sad.

Never done it personally but can see circumstances where i probably would. It's not something that I'd want to do on a regular basis but that's more to do with not wanting to go to the movies very often anyway.

Done it loads. Particularly doing shift work it's a good way to waste an afternoon when everyone else is at work. Never bothers me and you don't have the hassle of trying to organise it. Just bowl up, see what you want then fook off again :thumbup:

Done it loads. Particularly doing shift work it's a good way to waste an afternoon when everyone else is at work. Never bothers me and you don't have the hassle of trying to organise it. Just bowl up, see what you want then fook off again :thumbup:

And no chunt steals your pop corn lol

Can't say i would do it in Australia as i might be afraid i would get noticed, i also don't think it would be an issue to find someone to go with........which is sad in it;s self i would worry about that. I only did it in England as i got dragged along to a girly film by a chick in London then we went to see a crap film in Edinburgh together with her cousin,,,,,i think i was just desperate to see a good a film i wanted to see for a change.

Also for the record , i've only been to the movies 4 times in 5 years 3 in 7 days which is mentioned in this thread and once with a mate when i got back to Aus cos i got free tickets when i brought my car.

I prefer going on my own, to be honest I really don't understand the concept of the cinema as a social event when all you're supposed to do is sit in the dark and in silence.

When I do go with my mates they just tend to end up embarrassing me by being annoying and loud.

My uncle genuinely only ever gave me one piece of advice (100% true)

"You can do whatever you want, wherever you want, with whoever you want. But never, ever go to the cinema on your own"

edit: I personally don't see any problem with it, it just made me laugh that it reminded me of the advice.

I don't actually like going to the cinema with people, you can't talk!

N'awwwwwwwww :/:P

I'd borrowed my mates season ticket as he was ill. Sat in the kop about 12 rows directly behind the goal. Knew no one and sat in the wrong seat at first till the bloke who's actual seat it was turned up and told me he'd been sitting there for 2 years so, it couldn't have been the seat i was meant to be in. lol

Never been on my own but been with just one other person plenty of times and sometimes a group of 3 or 4. I don't know whether or not I'd ever go alone, I think it would have to be a must-see film that has to be seen in the cinema because of quality 3D effects or something. But even then if something was supposed to be that good then I'm sure someone else would want to go too.

I can understand what Emilio does I suppose. If there's nothing else to do and you work strange hours then why not.

Never been on my own to the cinema, but i went on my own to the City V Norwich game the other week. I felt a bit of a billy no mates to be honest.

Barring two games that i have attaended with Wife or Relatives.. ive been to about 8 (home and away) games this year on my own. TBH i love it... yeh theres a minute or 2 of Billy no mates feelings, but all is forgotten when the game is on and i realise i can watch how i want to...be whoever i want to be, sing as loud as i want, stand, and hug the people next to me when we score even though ive never seen them before.

All in all, im a selfish git so its perfect :)

I take a lad of 16 with me but he likes to sit with his mates about 2 rows back so I feel a bit of a Billy no mates too. Doesn't stop me doing the Poznan though.

EDIT I'm talking about the football not the cinema.

Was having a convo tonight is going to the movies on your own Sad? have you done it? Do you do it regularly? Do you feel like a bit of a nobby no-mates?

I've done it once, felt like a bit of a tool but i was in Leicester and knew no-one and it was on a Thursday arvo at the highcross and i watched the social network. Wanted to see the film knew no one and was bored. Actually very very rarely go to the movies so to go on my own was really weird.

Never used to go to the cinema, mainly because I was on my own and had no one to go with - and it was mostly down to what you have said, I felt it would be sad and I'd look like a billy no mates.

I now go a lot more often, partly because I do so as part of a couple - if she wants to go out, the cinema suits me, I can eat nacho's and popcorn and generally don't have to speak to her!

I prefer going on my own, to be honest I really don't understand the concept of the cinema as a social event when all you're supposed to do is sit in the dark and in silence.

When I do go with my mates they just tend to end up embarrassing me by being annoying and loud.

Quite right. Not that my mates are embarressing particularly, but what's the point of a social event where no one communicates for 2 hours? I also add that to bars where music plays really loud. Fine if it's a club with a dance floor, but bars/pubs? You end up shouting at your mates, which if you did in other circumstances would earn you a smack in the gob. :dunno:

For the record I've been on my own once to see the re:issued version of Return of the Jedi. It was the only SW film I hadn't seen on the big screen as a kid so it was a must that I couldn't persuade others to indulge in. :rolleyes:

Having said that I prefer to go when cinema isn't full and mostly empty. My early finish time for work means I can see weekday afternoon screenings with my wife for a couple of quid less than the evening/weekends.

I take a lad of 16 with me but he likes to sit with his mates about 2 rows back so I feel a bit of a Billy no mates too. Doesn't stop me doing the Poznan though.

EDIT I'm talking about the football not the cinema.

Up until your edit, there I was thinking you were doing a Grecque/Poznan all on your own in the cinema, blocking someone's video camera!

I went to see Inception on my tod as I had the day off work due to going to the hospital to have my broken fingers checked.

No word of a lie, I sat in the middle of Highcross cinema at the 10:00 AM showing on my tod right. That was right up until the film was on the verge of starting and a lady strolled in and sat next to me but one. She had the whole friggin cinema and she sat next but one!!

El!!!!!!!!

I went to see Inception on my tod as I had the day off work due to going to the hospital to have my broken fingers checked.

No word of a lie, I sat in the middle of Highcross cinema at the 10:00 AM showing on my tod right. That was right up until the film was on the verge of starting and a lady strolled in and sat next to me but one. She had the whole friggin cinema and she sat next but one!!

El!!!!!!!!

Were you dead centre though? I always try and sit as close to centre as possible for the acoustics - so I can understand that.

1st film i went to see on my own was Mimic,nobody else wanted to see it so i went early on a Sat morning,i was surprised at how many people were there lol

Archived