Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Torrent sites

I haven't been able to get on Torlock for a couple of days - has it bitten the dust?

What sites do you recommend for bit torrents - sites that don't put up advertising pages every click and that are safe?

Disclaimer: File sharing and torrents are fine as long as they are not used to download or distribute illegal content ie. copyrighted media. Any posts that suggest illegal downloads will be removed.

If I need to download anything through file sharing websites I use Kickass Torrents

Disclaimer: File sharing and torrents are fine as long as they are not used to download or distribute illegal content ie. copyrighted media. Any posts that suggest illegal downloads will be removed.

If I need to download anything through file sharing websites I use Kickass Torrents

They have been down the last few days too.

They have been down the last few days too.

The link changes every few weeks. When the one you're using is down you need to find a new proxy. It changed a few days ago but I've just gone on it and it's fine

The link changes every few weeks. When the one you're using is down you need to find a new proxy. It changed a few days ago but I've just gone on it and it's fine

Thanks

Downloading films over torrents is incredibly scetchy. The moment you start downloading anything every single source you are downloading from basically knows your IP address, all it takes is for one of those sources to be trap and you're screwed.

I can understand people using it to obtain backups of their VHS collection (which you are legally entitled to do) or whatnot, but if you are downloading films that are recently released in the cinema or not even out yet you really are playing with fire if you don't know what you are doing.

They usually only go after people that are uploading files, but most of the torrent downloaders nowadays generally dont allow you to set your uploads to 0kb/s, so anything you are downloading you are technically distributing as well.

Downloading films over torrents is incredibly scetchy. The moment you start downloading anything every single source you are downloading from basically knows your IP address, all it takes is for one of those sources to be trap and you're screwed.

I can understand people using it to obtain backups of their VHS collection (which you are legally entitled to do) or whatnot, but if you are downloading films that are recently released in the cinema or not even out yet you really are playing with fire if you don't know what you are doing.

They usually only go after people that are uploading files, but most of the torrent downloaders nowadays generally dont allow you to set your uploads to 0kb/s, so anything you are downloading you are technically distributing as well.

True to a certain extent but you can make yourself more secure by just knowing 3 letters V P and N

• 3 weeks later...

True to a certain extent but you can make yourself more secure by just knowing 3 letters V P and N

I know this myself as I work with computers and networks every day, to your average user though, they probably think a VPN is a sexually transmitted disease lol

Archived