Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea!.. 3 on the bounce!

St Margarets Bus Station is off limits because of a police road closure following an assault this morning apparently. Not 100% sure if it'll stay this way, but worth bearing in mind if you're travelling to the match...

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/Police-close-city-centre-street-men-seriously/story-26353000-detail/story.html

EDIT: the bus station ISN'T closed apparently, just heard on radio Leicester.

Very interesting game today.

I want to see how we play, given that confidence should now be reasonable. we won a game against West Ham that could have gone either way. A game where we had a goal start because their players only woke up after the pen. Against WBA, we were poor in the first half. it was only when pulis screwed up his tactics in the face of us changing ours that we imposed ourselves and had a very good half. If we really are going to get out of this mess, we must put in a good display today. tbh, if we draw and play well, then I will be ok about it. There are enough opportunities ahead to pick up the wins we need. I want to see that the last couple results aren't just a repeat of what we saw at the turn of the year. Today could be another 'stoke'. the crowd need to be up for this throughout. COYB

This is a Freebie for us.

Not a must win, anything we get is a bonus.

Let's attack.

No such thing as a "freebie", the closest is one of the top four away.

A mid table side at home is certainly not a "freebie". If we think a draw at home to Swansea is a good result then we don't deserve to be in this league.

We need at least three wins and apart from Newcastle and QPR at home this is our best chance of getting one.

A draw and Burnley losing at Everton would be fine by me. Up to 18th and unbeaten run continuing into a huge 6 pointer next weekend.

If we draw and Burnley lose then the teams that go to bed the happiest will be QPR, Hull and Sunderland.

I do hope we can exploit their weaknesses in the back today and that our own defenders are aware of Swansea's attacking threats, of which there still are a few - even without Gomis and a doubtful Montero.

What I'd like to see and hear is the home fans getting behind the team and supporting it throughout the match as loudly as possible. We've got it in our own hands now to secure safety in this division, we're riding on a valuable high after two wins in a row and are in a somewhat comfortable position with a game in hand compared to our immediate neighbors in the table. Our strikers have finally hit form again and with a compact four- to five-man midfield to support them (not just Cambiasso or King), we should overcome this obstacle, as well. :fc:

The only game out of the remaining fixtures I think we can lose without shame is Chelsea at home - but even there we should be able to play decent football and hope to get a result.

For now, long may the run continue and I'm very much looking forward to today's encounter. I do hope the team are fully aware of what dross we were served at Swansea last year, so there's also something to make up for.

Whilst I admire the optimism, it's premature to think we can just roll over sides which are technically better than we are.

Phrases such as 'somewhat comfortable position ' whilst we are bottom of the league seem a bit odd to me.

Let's hope the mood is still positive come 5pm

I would love to be at a celebration against QPR pre game rather than have to endure a couple of hours of 'hell', though at the moment, I would still take that opportunity. Come 5pm, perhaps I will want more than that.

Whilst I admire the optimism, it's premature to think we can just roll over sides which are technically better than we are.

Phrases such as 'somewhat comfortable position ' whilst we are bottom of the league seem a bit odd to me.

Let's hope the mood is still positive come 5pm

I would love to be at a celebration against QPR pre game rather than have to endure a couple of hours of 'hell', though at the moment, I would still take that opportunity. Come 5pm, perhaps I will want more than that.

It's all in the context of the table.

I do realize we're still bottom, but the situation's not as dire as it used to be. Let's just make the best out of it.

No such thing as a "freebie", the closest is one of the top four away.

A mid table side at home is certainly not a "freebie". If we think a draw at home to Swansea is a good result then we don't deserve to be in this league.

We need at least three wins and apart from Newcastle and QPR at home this is our best chance of getting one.

You are entitled to your opinion and I'll disagree.

We have to beat the teams who are at our level or worse - specifically those that will be championship teams next season. The pressure will be on us for Burnley, Sunderland and QPR but they are the teams that we must beat. Swansea are in a completely different stratosphere to us at the moment. We ARE NOT a top 10 team. We should go into the match seeing it as a can't lose proposition - a point or  is more than expected. We should go into it without the stress and play our own football - win or lose. If we can do that I believe we will beat them. That makes it a freebie.

Losses (or draws ) to the three aforementioned clubs will be the reason we don't survive not a loss to swansea. 

If we draw and Burnley lose then the teams that go to bed the happiest will be QPR, Hull and Sunderland.

Again I disagree.

QPR will be panicking, Hull and sunderland worrying. None of them expect us to get a point from Swansea.

If we get wins against the teams such as Swansea, soton and Newcastle, we need only avoid defeat against 2 of burnley, sland and QPR

Three PL wins on the bounce isn't too common amongst sides near the foot of the table. Stats are against us. whilst we would all love a win, a good performance and a point isn't the worst result. keeps the momentum going. you can't win every game. It isn't a realistic expectation.

If we get wins against the teams such as Swansea, soton and Newcastle, we need only avoid defeat against 2 of burnley, sland and QPR

If we get wins against Swansea and Southampton we should be stuffing Burnley, Sunderland and QPR. 

Come to think of it if we had gotten wins against Swansea, Southampton and Newc this season we'd already be sitting pretty.

gotta say one thing there is less of in the prem is oppo fans coming on here arguing about who's attendances are better. missed that i have.

This. The week-long arguments with fans of Championship clubs about who's the most tin pot made the games come around so much quicker.

Again I disagree.

QPR will be panicking, Hull and sunderland worrying. None of them expect us to get a point from Swansea.

You seriously believe that QPR will be panicking and Hull and Sunderland will be worrying if we get a point to Swansea at home?

I have no doubt that the managers of the other four clubs around us now will settle for us taking a point right now. It will be another home game ticked off for Leicester and still breathing space between us and them, that's how Hull and Sunderland will see it. Burnley and QPR will see that we've not broke away from them.

According to the betting markets our point expectation for this match is 1.64 points. If we draw this match our chances of safety will have diminished slightly.

This. The week-long arguments with fans of Championship clubs about who's the most tin pot made the games come around so much quicker.

yeah, I guess it's cos we're pretty irrelevant to most prem fans. can tell the smaller clubs tho cos they feel the need to show up here to make sure we know they're not one of the smaller clubs. see burnley, qpr & swansea as examples.

gotta say I miss Watford and forest a little. used to enjoy some of the shit their fans came up with.

Again I disagree.

QPR have West Ham at home which is a similar fixture to Leicester vs Swansea.

Would you not take a draw now for that match as a Leicester fan or is only a West Ham away win an acceptable result?

Archived