Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Project CARS

it really does look good, one of my gripes with racing games is the steep curve in difference between difficulties, glad to see they've found a solution. also, i'll be geting it on PS4, im not sure my PC will run nice graphics in this game at 60fps

it really does look good, one of my gripes with racing games is the steep curve in difference between difficulties, glad to see they've found a solution. also, i'll be geting it on PS4, im not sure my PC will run nice graphics in this game at 60fps

If only F1 games had the same feature, like they did 15 years a go with F1 challenge.

If only F1 games had the same feature, like they did 15 years a go with F1 challenge.

yeah, f1 could be so good if it did. F1 only has 2 difficulties, easy, or impossible

what a fun little game this is. its a brilliant sim, very hard but very rewarding. i think with asists on it could tailor to everyone, but assists off is what im playing and its very do-able wit the controller. i made a video below, if you want a glimpse, but it doesnt come close to showing you how hard it is to control the car in changing conditions. i recommend this to any racing game fan. lib, im ready when you are

Nice video there Beliall.

First time out i tried monaco in changing conditions, dry to wet, over a few laps in the old f1 lotus. Like you say, very tough, the back end slides everywhere with the power down. Brake too hard and it's equally tough to control. Will take some effort to master this.

Myself and Beliall gave this a spin online tonight. No problems at all, Imola in the wet driving classic Lotus'. The sound is superb, really adds to the immersion in game.

The game is immense imo. Karting is a blast, the graphics are superb and the gameplay is the best I've played for a racer.

Must buy. :)

Any noticeable issues with it? Things that need desperately to be patched, any online problems etc? Might pick it up tomorrow if it's working well out the box.

I can understand the caution after the Driveclub fiasco, but this is very different. Proper racing game this, no loose arcade play. It's just right.

Played a game online last night and straight away had a couple of racers who just wanted to ram me off the road!! 

Thats always the problem with public lobbies in racing games.

Played lots of racing games before, so I thought I'd treat myself to this today. Having played a few races, I can conclude that I am absolutely shit at it. Think I got lapped in 4 out of 5 races and the AI were set on the lowest difficulty! Struggle to get any kind of control whatsoever and I end up just spinning around all the time, but that's mainly in the go karts.

I'm not knocking the game at all, because it appears to be really really good, looks amazing and has a whole host of customisation options, which is brilliant. It's cool driving (or in my case limping) round Imola and the likes. Not sure if I have the patience in the long run though, so I might end up trading it for F1 next month :-)

That is one thing that no racing game (at least that I've played) has managed to do anything about, how unfair online races can be, not sure what can be done but an innovation of some sort must be possible.

I know that PC has implemented a fair play system, where each driver will be tracked to monitor collisions, DNF's and average position and then match them with like-minded players, but I guess it will take a few weeks to filter through as everyone is at square one.

In terms of difficulty taking Forza as an example, with all driver aids turned off, it shouldn't pose a great problem moving across to this game if you can handle Forza in that way.

Come at it from a NFS approach and you will be instantly frustrated.

For me this is the Alien Isolation of the racing genre, you'll either love it or hate it for its hard, yet very rewarding, gameplay.

i ahd to shake off the drive club before i could get to grips with it myself, all concentration but i sure that soon the handling will become second nature, im going to continue plugging away in thye clio cup, work my way up through the disiplines, gradually learning faster cars. 

I've completed my first season in the 125cc karting championship in 1st place. Absolute blast. Moving up to super karts now. Trying out a couple of invitational races between karting series with the Renault Megane and it's a completely different beast entirely. Really tricky.

Archived