Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Project CARS

I'm enjoying it. Definitely think I'd be better off with a wheel though. But on the whole definitely the best racing game out so far, just a shame there's no co-op seasons to do (or is there and I've not noticed?), will definitely still get F1 regardless. This will be a game I will enjoy for the next year or so from time to time I imagine, the worries I had with the car list have been alleviated, they all feel so different, most games with 4 times as many cars don't have the same variety.

i just finished my first season in the clio cup, got invited to the M1 pro car champ. i have put abs on, one less thing to worry about going into corners, i cant brake as late as the AI, i wish i had a wheel too

When you're in the middle of a practice/qualifying session how can you change your settings like stick sensitivity, abs on/off etc, I can only seem to find how to change tyre pressure and all that jazz.

you cant, thats the only thing i dont like about this game, you have to change control settings in the main menu. however, there is an option to map ABS,TC and stability to buttons, so you can switch them on at will. i tried it but in cockpit cam its unclear if they're on or off, plus having the option to make it easier at will prevents me from concentrating on getting better. so i just have abs off. you can go faster through corners without TC

So far I've only had trouble with the stick sensitivity on the F1 equivalent cars. Everything else, once mastered, isn't such a big deal. I haven't changed any initial settings from the medium difficulty setting as yet. However, I'm thinking of upping the AI to around 75 from the initial 50.

I got this thinking I probably won't like it & it would be too unforgiving & it certainly is. I don't mind saying I'm usual terrible at driving simulation games & this is no exception. I'm disappointed with the graphics, whilst they are ok I've yet to be impressed. Having said that I'm going to stick with it. There certainly is things to like about this game.

I got this thinking I probably won't like it & it would be too unforgiving & it certainly is. I don't mind saying I'm usual terrible at driving simulation games & this is no exception. I'm disappointed with the graphics, whilst they are ok I've yet to be impressed. Having said that I'm going to stick with it. There certainly is things to like about this game.

i recently made this video, skip to 2:45 to watch the sun come up over bathurst, the lighting is incredible

That is one thing that no racing game (at least that I've played) has managed to do anything about, how unfair online races can be, not sure what can be done but an innovation of some sort must be possible.

Forza did something about it. There's an option to ghost out all cars to stop that shit, not the best soloution in my eyes but a soloution non the less.

In an ideal world, you'd have some sort of penalty system where anyone doing it would be slowed down to 30mph for x amount of sesconds. Would need some serious AI involved to work out fault (correctly at least) in every case though.

Forza did something about it. There's an option to ghost out all cars to stop that shit, not the best soloution in my eyes but a soloution non the less.

In an ideal world, you'd have some sort of penalty system where anyone doing it would be slowed down to 30mph for x amount of sesconds. Would need some serious AI involved to work out fault (correctly at least) in every case though.

the thing with online racers, is you need to up your game if you want clean fun. assists off lobbys are where the real racing is at, learn it and i think you'll find its worth it. either that or keep plugging away, add every fair racer you come across to your friends list and only race with them.

The penalty system is really frustrating in this. You get shunted by someone just flying in to a chicane, end up cutting it when you were on to take the apex and get a penalty, meanwhile the guy who's shunted you is often slowed down by it enough that he can take the corner and then fly off in to the distance, there doesn't seem to be any form of collision penalty from what I can tell, other than the innocent person more often than not being spun round or cutting a corner and being penalised as a result, certainly not ideal.

Really enjoying this so far! Had some cracking races in the GT3s, haven't tried online yet as I just get too pissed off with people who cheat! Currently running with ABS and Traction control on because without feedback on the controller it's almost impossible to gauge when something will happen, and difficulty set at 90 which makes me push hard for a top 5 finish. 

Little hint/cheat for everyone. Not been on in a few days so they could of patched this out now but don't think they have...

The trophy where you have to drive under 50kmh on the 12 mile course (yeah, sounds like great fun...), Azure Coast I think it's called, you can set gears to manual, put flags/penalties on and 1 AI opponent. Jump the start as soon as the first red light comes on, shift up the gears as fast as possible so you crawl off the line, you get disqualified and the trophy pops.

Been having fun with this over the last couple of days with the controller but tonight I got round to hooking up my wheel and it feels so much better. It made driving the old lotus cars a fun challenge rather than impossible.

Been having fun with this over the last couple of days with the controller but tonight I got round to hooking up my wheel and it feels so much better. It made driving the old lotus cars a fun challenge rather than impossible.

What wheel do you own?

What wheel do you own?

Driving Force Pro. I've had it a few years now and unfortunately the pedals are knackered. They work if you get the cable in a specific position but if it gets knocked, it takes 30 minutes of fiddling and re-calibrating to get it back up and running. The wheel itself is still good though.

I managed to keep the pedals working all afternoon yesterday, allowing me to complete a full race weekend at Spa, with a 35 lap race. I've had the game since Tuesday but according to steam, I've already sunk 14 hours into it. I've not even started the career mode yet!

Driving Force Pro. I've had it a few years now and unfortunately the pedals are knackered. They work if you get the cable in a specific position but if it gets knocked, it takes 30 minutes of fiddling and re-calibrating to get it back up and running. The wheel itself is still good though.

I managed to keep the pedals working all afternoon yesterday, allowing me to complete a full race weekend at Spa, with a 35 lap race. I've had the game since Tuesday but according to steam, I've already sunk 14 hours into it. I've not even started the career mode yet!

I'd probably enjoy it more with a wheel, unfortunately I don't own a PC but I had my sights set on buying the game for PS4 anyway.

I'd love it if we get a future update from Sony/Logitech to make the Driving Force wheels work on the PS4, especially with Project Cars and GT7. Because it seems like Thrustmaster are leading the way in the steering wheel market at the minute.

Archived