Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Project CARS

I'm pretty sure that Logitech are putting together a new wheel for the PS4.  An image of this was leaked last week. 

Will probably get a mention at E3.

Here's the link...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/is-this-the-new-ps4-logitech-g29-racing-wheel

looks like a direct replacement for the old Gran turismo wheel

Anyone wanting to buy this? I have a sealed copy I want to sell

PC or console?

Should have stated - ps4

ah, i have a ps4 copy. nevermind

Would people who have played this reccomend it? And is it comparatable to Gran Turismo or completely different?

better than Gt by a long shot. the racing is so much better, the tuning is more in depth, and the cars aren't all skylines. if you liked GT, and forza, you will love this 

Would people who have played this reccomend it? And is it comparatable to Gran Turismo or completely different?

It's more of a simulator than GT, but it's comparable in the fact that the fastest way round the track is by being smooth and precise. In terms of the driving, the two main differences between PC and GT is tyre temperature and weight transfer. Having said that, there is assists for traction, braking and stability as well as different handling modes, allowing you to decide how realistic/hard to make the game. I've only tried pro handling, so I'm not sure what the other handling modes are like.

In terms of gameplay, there is no progression system, which means that you have access to everything in the game straight away, including cars, tracks and even the different series in the career mode. I would recommend only buying this game for full price if the driving and racing experience is enough to satisfy you. For example, my friend bought the game on day one and initially loved it. He raved about the driving physics and the competitive AI. However, after a few days he stopped playing it because, according to him, there was nothing to keep him coming back. Personally, I love the game and I'm more than happy to make my own narrative in the career mode and just try the different car-track combos in quick race and free practice.

I wouldn't like to say whether PC is better than GT, as I am a long time fan(boy) of the series but my initial impressions of PC is that it may well be the best racing simulator I've ever played. 

It's the best racing game I've ever played but then it ought to be as it's on PS4 :thumbup:

In comparison to GT, it's more hands on from the off and it doesn't ease you in as much as GT does imo.  I started in karts and although you'd expect them to be easy, they're quite tricky to control, especially the super karts.  I like the Caterham 7s and the old Lotus single seaters.  Cars such as the Focus feel like a tank in comparison to drive.

Online can be absolutely brilliant if you're racing like minded people who don't intentionally hit you off the circuits.  The other day I ran an 8 car event, practice, qualifying and race around Bathurst at night and it worked a treat.

The circuits on offer have plenty of variations to them and although the roster of cars is small in comparison to GT for example, the handling of each is so unique it doesn't matter.

In terms of pure racing, there's nothing better.  :thumbup:

I've put 34 hours in to this already, 29 of which has been online. Pretty much addicted to it. Love the GT3 class, great mid range point between the standard cars and the super cars, quick but forgiving and very well balanced. Online 119 races entered, 25 poles, 28 wins and 51 podiums. Do think it can be very frustrating though, as all online racing games are, I often just get so peeved I will be on revenge missions where all I want to do is inflict vengeance on some utter goon who has clearly just took me out for no reason absolutely ruining my race; petty but it feels great.

i have raced a bit online, shame you cant filter out lobbies using assists, even the "pro " lobby users have them switched on. my favourite online race car so far was the ginetta g55 gt4. brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone bought the first DLC pack? £2.89 so rude not to, couple of nice old GT1 cars, the Bentley Speed 8, and the Continental GT3 which feels like an absolute boat compared to the other GT3 cars! Still really enjoying this, did some long (ish) races over the weekend round Le Mans alongside the real race.  

• 2 months later...

I recently started a season driving in the Renault Clio Cup.

The Clio is a real handful to drive particularly on long, fast corners where a change of direction is needed. More often than not it oversteers and on the exit it spins off the circuit. Any advice on how to avoid this would be welcome.

In particular the run down the hill at Donnington is tricky but doable however the left right turns after the back straight at Snetterton are a nightmare.

Thoughts?

That snetterton turn is a nightmare. The trick is coast around the long right handed, look for the marker where the left handed is, straighten the car and aim for it, brake is a straight line and cut it slightly, the corner opens up and off you go

That snetterton turn is a nightmare. The trick is coast around the long right handed, look for the marker where the left handed is, straighten the car and aim for it, brake is a straight line and cut it slightly, the corner opens up and off you go

Beliall, I think you've got the wrong set of turns from my original description.  It's the left hander followed by the right turn which comes directly off the back straight that I was referring to.

I go round the left hander, lifting off, take it right and it immediately goes into a spin mostly off to the left and into the wall.

Have you tried changing any of the settings in the setup on the Clio to make things easier?  If so, what?

Archived