Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
joedawg

5000 word Essay about Cambiasso

This sounds like you're doing EPQ to me and if that's the case then don't limit yourself like your essay title suggests. For a start the title is presumptious whereas you want a title which allows you to explore rather than your title which allowd little deviation(if you get what i mean). I also think you're gonna struggle meeting the epq criteria with that. I did one about hooliganism and how that reflected on society at the time which meant i could combine football with a bit of politics, both of which im very much interested in but I learnt so much researching it. Honestly do it on something youre interested in but you don't know too much about or anything you've already got pre conceived ideas on.

That's exactly what I'm doing yeah, when we having the talk about it this idea popped into my head and it did mange to fit the critea, the thing is if I did broaden the title a bit then I'd end up with almost too much to write about, he has had a long career after all

As others have already said, your title is perhaps a bit restricting.

If you want to write about cambiasso specifically, a simple change to 'Is Cambiasso the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League?' would probably be better. Avoids the (let's be honest here) non-factual statement and opens up the topic for comparison with other CDMs.

Otherwise, perhaps something along the lines of "The rise of the defensive midfield position in modern day football". Open it up with some rhetoric about the changes over time, then get on to discussing key players in the role, with specific examples. Cambiasso has had such a successful and varied career that you could quite feasibly dedicate a good section to him - an interview with direct quotes would really boost that.

Yeah that's a good point (although I stand by the fact he is the best, have the faith), apparently a debate really helps as you cab role off it and show both sides, which after a whole im sure would get up to 5000.

That would involve plenty of research for that topic, which I guess is what they want at the end of the day, thanks for the suggestion!

Why don't you do it on the sports science at the club? There will be lots of literature written and you could get an interview with the physios etc about it.

You could then scope part of it to being about how the sports science and fitness regimes keep players like Esteban at their best for longer.

That's a good topic thankyou! Need to keep getting different topics so I can write about something that interests me like Leicester city or I'll have no motivation to do it

As others have suggested use other people's research on similar topics (doesn't have to be football) use google scholar to get methods of comparison which you can justify.

I'd probably have these sections:

Intro:

Existing Literature:

Method:

Stats:

Analysis:

Conclusion:

I don't see with the correct stats and approved comparison methods why it would hinder you

I think it would probably be football as out of my 3 main sports I watch (Motor Racing, Rugby, Football) I have, this year, been far more interested in the football so I'd find it easier to write about

This is exactly what I said, as long as its structured correctly with plenty of debate, stats and references then it isn't going to be any different to anything else, thanks!

just write he's magic you know esteban cambiasso and repeat it 833 times. job done. last two words can simply be screw flanders

A* right there

How about an exploration of the Cambiasso religion?

This did make me laugh when I first saw it so always worth a try

'Cambiasso is the best player to put on a Leicester shirt' - Would have much more depth with you exploring the history of the club and the comparison of the greats that have played for us.

Good luck for your essay pal!

Guest Col city fan

What course are you doing that would warrant you write an essay on Cambiasso? Any footballer in fact? Sports science or something?

Genuine question.

What course are you doing that would warrant you write an essay on Cambiasso? Any footballer in fact? Sports science or something?

Genuine question.

If the tutor has given an essay assignment that is based on 'using your imagination' I'm guessing its English Lit?

They are probably looking for grammar, creativity and effort.

Hopefully they don't Essayban Cambiasso.  :ph34r:

We've not used him as a DM, or if we have he's completely ignored his instructions

He'd need to be able to defend to do that. He's our passing midfielder General.

just write he's magic you know esteban cambiasso and repeat it 833 times. job done. last two words can simply be screw flanders

I think he should reference his diet which includes Pasghetti and Mamatoes.

I think it would probably be football as out of my 3 main sports I watch (Motor Racing, Rugby, Football) I have, this year, been far more interested in the football so I'd find it easier to write about

This is exactly what I said, as long as its structured correctly with plenty of debate, stats and references then it isn't going to be any different to anything else, thanks!

A few other ideas for you, although not directly linked to Leicester City, based on using examples of these sports that you're interested in:

Financial comparisons - How money has changed sport, these 3 are great examples.

Racial and ethnic diversity in sport - The change in equality especially since the 70's/80's, Lewis Hamilton is a great example for motor racing.

Globalisation of sport - How TV and finance has affected sport, mainly since the 90's and the advent of the internet. The 3 sports you're interested in are again perfect examples. Grand Prix in new countries, World Cup going to new locations, Foreign owners of football clubs

The sports science idea is a good one too.

You could use Leicester City as examples for any of them, especially if the club will let you speak to them.

Genuine question.

Its called an EPQ, not linked to any subject, essay of your choice than is then graded and awarded points

I'm going to be a bit teacher-y here; I have helped to prepare a lot of these sorts of essays, and I think your idea is fine. But I think your question isn't the best - it's too open and it will be impossible to create a convincing 5000-word argument in its favour. If you do you'll need to quote many, many sources and much of your essay will be spent dismantling facts, figures and opinions which suggest that x, y and z alternatives have had better seasons than Cambiasso. It will be hard to develop any coherent argument other than 'Cambiasso is well good'.

So I'd suggest finding a media slant with Cambiasso as a sort of 'example'. It would give you far, far more to go on; and you could draw on parallels in film, music etc. and perhaps even bring in press xenophobia and so on. For instance 'Why is it that the media praises English footballers like (name), (name) and (name) more than foreign footballers?' Or even 'Why is Jack Wiltshere (or any other example of a native, media-hyped midfielder) more important than Esteban Cambiasso (as an example of a foreign player at a less glamorous club)?'

A few other ideas for you, although not directly linked to Leicester City, based on using examples of these sports that you're interested in:

Financial comparisons - How money has changed sport, these 3 are great examples.

Racial and ethnic diversity in sport - The change in equality especially since the 70's/80's, Lewis Hamilton is a great example for motor racing.

Globalisation of sport - How TV and finance has affected sport, mainly since the 90's and the advent of the internet. The 3 sports you're interested in are again perfect examples. Grand Prix in new countries, World Cup going to new locations, Foreign owners of football clubs

The sports science idea is a good one too.

You could use Leicester City as examples for any of them, especially if the club will let you speak to them.

I would recommend the tips this poster has offered. I'm not sure exactly what the assessment criteria is but I'd assume if you're doing a level 3 course currently, the assessor is going to want to see your ability to; research, analyse and reference sources. The above plan would meet all of those criteria and then some.

Archived