Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Elder Scrolls Online (PC)

I wanted to, but MMOs are a life suck.

Also the Elder Scroll games are all about theme and mood for me and there's nothing that kills the mood like seeing an Argonian called L33tL1z4rd run past past you as you charge a daedra lord.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ?

I would love to but will need to make a couple of upgrades to my pc I would think. That could take a few months.

I've pre-ordered it for my Mrs on PS4 so she'll be happy, but I've only got a PS3 and a not quite up to it pc.

I think that Skyrim is now my favourite ever game. Must have played way over 100 hours over the years and never got anywhere near completing it. It's an epic. I can't get enough of roaming Dwarven ruins with Erik the Slayer or Benor the Intellect.

I wanted to, but MMOs are a life suck.

Also the Elder Scroll games are all about theme and mood for me and there's nothing that kills the mood like seeing an Argonian called L33tL1z4rd run past past you as you charge a daedra lord.

Agreed - the fun in elder scrolls is the same as any rpg; creating your own playstyle and immersion. Living the life of lunk the cutpurse or Steve, scourge of the north - all of which is ruined by other people

Really sitting on the fence with this one. MMO's are my favourite kinds of games but I'll decide whether to get this based on a few of my friends reviews who are buying it on day 1.

Not sure I really want to stop playing the Witcher or Destiny yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got this on Xbox One? Th PvP mod is fantastic, been playing it loads for the past couple of weeks.

Bought this yesterday on Xbox One. Have yet to fully et started on it. The PvP isn't accessible until level 10 is that right? 

I gave Rift a go a couple years ago and realised then that all MMOs are still basically just WoW and still destroy your life.

Oh and are all populated with angry little kids.

Avoid.

That's not strictly true.

Some MMO's are brilliant time killers. And if you want to find players, you can find and play with people who are similar circumstances as you.

As for the angry kids part, you can't just 'not' play a game because of the community. If you took this attitude I dare say you'd be playing any online game.

I know not everyone appreciates the style of MMO's but I've played my fair share and I've enjoyed all of them with good people. Kids only ruin your experience if you let them.

I'm sorry, I should have added as a caveat, I've played MMOs extensively (primarily UO then WoW) since I was a kid.

I'm very familiar with the genre, I'm just yet to see anything that would still appeal to me.

The fact they're time sinks is exactly the issue for me these days.

Correct. It's quite boring playing on your own but with friends it's quality!

What's the current population of players like? Plenty of people about to do quests with?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived