Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

Looking At Getting A New Phone

Ok so I currently have a Sony Xperia E1, and plan on upgrading to a better and more powerful smartphone. I am looking for a good  phone for a good price that can run Games,Instagram,Twitter,Facebook, Whatsapp and make calls. Not a iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S6 due to lack of funds.

ShouId get a iPhone 4S,5,5C, a Sony Xperia E3,M2,the upcoming M4, or Z,Z1 or Z2 ? As I have been considering those phones ? Are Windows Phones any good or what about samsungs ?

Any Phone that does not cost a hell of a lot of cash will do ? So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently have the iphone 6 and im not impressed with it... the battery life is terrible.... i was led to believe iphones have a good battery life. Also dont like the Appstore and the way the iphone makes it more difficult for you to have music from wherever you want on your phone.

Much prefer the more open source feel to the Android market...

I loved the OS on windows phones but the apps are shite. Moved to an Android solely based on the apps and would go back to windows any day if they improved them.

This all day every day. Windows phone looks and works great but no one makes apps for it. There's a very convincing WP skin for Android which is pretty cool

I use massive amounts of data, which seems to be frowned upon with contracts and they charge loads. I bought my phone outright for £600 and then just have a £15 a month unlimited everything simcard. Actually works out quite a bit cheaper if you worked it over 24 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony Z2 is a decent phone overall but I have had to send mine back to Virgin three times within six months, all being completely different faults.

My Z3 has the worst build quality in a phone ive ever had. Id send it back to Virgin but they won't give me a courtesy phone. Regret getting rid of the iPhone

My Z3 has the worst build quality in a phone ive ever had. Id send it back to Virgin but they won't give me a courtesy phone. Regret getting rid of the iPhone

Missus has a Z3, seems to be a great phone but is like a bar of soap. Slippery little bastard!

Missus has a Z3, seems to be a great phone but is like a bar of soap. Slippery little bastard!

It is great but the build quality is pretty poor I've found. The lock and volume buttons are now stuck on mine which is a nightmare. I wouldn't mind but it's been in a protective case since I got it

I've got a Xperia Z1, cracking phone and I get on with it really well. I've got it on a contract with 3 for all you can eat data as most months I use more than 5gb.

However it basically died on me in early April, wouldn't turn on or anything (whilst I was in New York on holiday) it couldn't even be recognised by my computer when I got home so had to send it off to Sony. Unfortunately I lost all of my stuff that wasn't on an SD Card (New York pics), but Sony replaced pretty much everything, inner components, battery, screen, back etc. So I basically have a brand new Z1 again for free.

I think I'l definitely go with a Sony again when my contract runs out, I may even stick with my Z1 for a few more months on a cheaper SIM only deal.

been using a windows phone the last 6 months or so. wouldn't ever go back to android now. 

yes there's fewer apps, but they have most of the major ones; plus microsoft has some pretty slick ones they've developed themselves.

Only nice thing about android is the variety of phones available. Crazy cool stuff out of China like one plus one mentioned above.

been using a windows phone the last 6 months or so. wouldn't ever go back to android now.

yes there's fewer apps, but they have most of the major ones; plus microsoft has some pretty slick ones they've developed themselves.

Only nice thing about android is the variety of phones available. Crazy cool stuff out of China like one plus one mentioned above.

My new work phone is a windows one too. Whilst it is functional enough for calls and has great battery life, the lack of decent apps is a killer. It's like the Volvo of the phone OS world.

Luckily enough I had my old iPhone 4 handy as a back up. But when I told Virgin a out the problem they turned me down for a courtesy phone. I did complain and got £55 off my bill.

Archived