Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

Looking At Getting A New Phone

I've got a Xperia Z1, cracking phone and I get on with it really well. I've got it on a contract with 3 for all you can eat data as most months I use more than 5gb.

However it basically died on me in early April, wouldn't turn on or anything (whilst I was in New York on holiday) it couldn't even be recognised by my computer when I got home so had to send it off to Sony. Unfortunately I lost all of my stuff that wasn't on an SD Card (New York pics), but Sony replaced pretty much everything, inner components, battery, screen, back etc. So I basically have a brand new Z1 again for free.

I think I'l definitely go with a Sony again when my contract runs out, I may even stick with my Z1 for a few more months on a cheaper SIM only deal.

My Z1 died in Moscow, similar situation, I don't think they like roaming. I'd recommend the oneplus one and the nexus 6 not the Sony.

I have the Z2 and really the only complaint is the file management restrictions without rooting. Takes some cracking photos though and has a decent battery life if you use the stamina settings

How many megapixel's has it got?

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/9128863653/nokia-lumia-920-camera-review-first-look

Key Photographic/Video Specifications

• 8.7 megapixel 16:9 backside-illuminated 1/3” sensor
  • 8 megapixel output in 4:3 ratio, 7.1 megapixel in 16:9  
  • F2.0 lens, 26mm in 16:9, 28mm in 4:3 (35mm equivalents)
  • Optical image stabilization
  • Dual LED flash
  • Two stage (half-press, full-press) dedicated shutter button
  • 1080p video capture
  • 4.5-inch 1280x768 332ppi display

i enclosed a pic taken with said phone

post-11205-0-98991100-1433538331_thumb.j

My new work phone is a windows one too. Whilst it is functional enough for calls and has great battery life, the lack of decent apps is a killer. It's like the Volvo of the phone OS world.

I'm interested in how the windows 10 upgrade will affect the range of apps and features. Windows phone could make some big advances over the next 12 months.

Archived