Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Ive just watched Stoke v Arsenal, a decent 0-0 with excellent performances from Butland and Cech.

But I noticed the atmosphere being poisonous.

If Stoke fans really were singing "Aaron Ramsey, he walks with a limp", this must be the most classless chant ive ever heard.

I know its the Stoke fans, and the game would be better for Stoke City not existing, but to actually sing that at a game of football is a whole new low.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Only 2 points better off than soton were at this stage last season.

need to push on again now.

yes but they were 3 points clear of 5th and had a big chasing pack of top teams, we're 7 points clear of 5th and there's pretty much nobody else even in the running for a CL spot. 

Nice gesture from Everton who are paying for their fans' tickets in the semi final of the league cup following the traffic problem which caused their fans to be late for the league game on Wednesday night.

Arsenal could look at their dropped points against West Brom (missed penalty) and Norwich so it's all swings and roundabouts. We started the week 2 points behind, we're now level. Plenty of games to go, points to be won and lost.

liverpool have picked up 19 points and scored 16 goals in the 14 games since klopp took over. just 2 wins in their last 8. going backwards. such a vastly overrated, unfunny clown of a manager. 

today in their biggest game of the season he brought on a defender on loan from the championship and put him up front. for all the stick van gaal gets for the long ball to fellaini, at least he is a) a proven premier league footballer and b) has scored some goals in his career. klopp is a buffoon, quite simply his pathetic attempts to be funny in interviews are the only reason he too hasn't been sacked already. 

liverpool have picked up 19 points and scored 16 goals in the 14 games since klopp took over. just 2 wins in their last 8. going backwards. such a vastly overrated, unfunny clown of a manager. 

They beat us.

Thought Liverpool played better today.

Their attacking is better than their defence, but still slightly woeful.

Get quite frustrated when Henderson shoots, as he never hits the target.

Man Utd are perhaps one of the most boring teams, alongside West Brom.

I know its the Stoke fans, and the game would be better for Stoke City not existing, but to actually sing that at a game of football is a whole new low.

They seem to hate the fact Ramsey and Wenger complained about their club after that incident..

It was 6/7 years ago though so you might have thought they would get over it...

Guest Col city fan

To be fair to big Rooney, a few weeks ago he looked utter dross. He's turned it around again.

That game again shows that there are no sides in the Prem this season who are miles better than anyone else.

I still think Man City will clinch it. But at a push.

Your confidence is always heartening, Scouse. Keep it up  :D  ;)

just being honest. 

i personally wouldn't have stoke, west ham and palace as champions league challengers, we really should be ashamed if any of them finish above us from this point. so that leaves us, city, arsenal, spurs & united, with liverpool 13 points away and going backwards. 

so i'd say again, if liverpool turn around a 14 point gap in 16 games (bare in mind they've only got 20 points from their last 14 games, so if we win two games more this season and they perform as they have been doing, we'll finish above them) and finish above us we should hang our heads. 

therefore, imo and the stats point towards it being 4 from the top 5. of which we currently have more points than any? we're in pole position for at least a top 4 spot, everyone can scaremonger all they like but one look at the table, the stats and the fixtures left shows you we have to perform massively under par and other clubs will have to "turn their season around" for us to not be playing barcelona away next season. 

just being honest. 

i personally wouldn't have stoke, west ham and palace as champions league challengers, we really should be ashamed if any of them finish above us from this point. so that leaves us, city, arsenal, spurs & united, with liverpool 13 points away and going backwards. 

so i'd say again, if liverpool turn around a 14 point gap in 16 games (bare in mind they've only got 20 points from their last 14 games, so if we win two games more this season and they perform as they have been doing, we'll finish above them) and finish above us we should hang our heads. 

therefore, imo and the stats point towards it being 4 from the top 5. of which we currently have more points than any? we're in pole position for at least a top 4 spot, everyone can scaremonger all they like but one look at the table, the stats and the fixtures left shows you we have to perform massively under par and other clubs will have to "turn their season around" for us to not be playing barcelona away next season. 

Truth be told I usually take a positive outlook on our situation in any given season. I believed we could turn things around last season and in the 12/13 season. It's just this season where I've noticed myself telling myself and others that we probably won't do it, possibly because it feels like we're not in our 'correct' place where we are now.

You probably are right. Our lead likely isn't as vulnerable as I think it is and we should have enough quality to hold on to it. But I just know it'll take me a while to start thinking that, if I ever do!

Truth be told I usually take a positive outlook on our situation in any given season. I believed we could turn things around last season and in the 12/13 season. It's just this season where I've noticed myself telling myself and others that we probably won't do it, possibly because it feels like we're not in our 'correct' place where we are now.

You probably are right. Our lead likely isn't as vulnerable as I think it is and we should have enough quality to hold on to it. But I just know it'll take me a while to start thinking that, if I ever do!

i don't think it's as much people underrating us, we're bound to lose points at times this season, i'd argue it was the overestimation of the teams below us. southampton (in 10th) are the only team to not drop points in the last 5 days in the whole league. yet people think that for some reason man united are going to win like 8 games in a row and suddenly be 10 points ahead of us? nah not for me. every single team in the whole league bar one has dropped points in their last two games. people seem to think we'll be the only ones dropping points in our next 4 matches which is just silly. 

Archived