Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Wonder how long McClaren is going to get at Newcastle. Has spent what must be around £100m on the likes of Mbemba, Mitrovic, Saivet, Shelvey, Wijnaldum, and Thauvin, and they still look as poor as they did under Carver at times. Shelvey and Saivet have only just joined, but out if the rest only Wijnaldum has looked the part, and that's only been sporadically. In real danger of going down.

Wonder how long McClaren is going to get at Newcastle. Has spent what must be around £100m on the likes of Mbemba, Mitrovic, Saivet, Shelvey, Wijnaldum, and Thauvin, and they still look as poor as they did under Carver at times. Shelvey and Saivet have only just joined, but out if the rest only Wijnaldum has looked the part, and that's only been sporadically. In real danger of going down.

It is quite amazing how much they have spent and the situation they find themselves in. I do think however that both them and Sunderland will carve their way out of trouble. Villa have no chance now, Norwich are going to really struggle and Bournemouth and Swansea are too inconsistent. I also really want Bournemouth to go down, I'm not sure where the anger comes from but I despise them for some reason.

Alan Green on MOTD commentating on Palace vs Spurs. 

Kane scores. 'He just needed one chance'. After showing a highlight of a missed header just before lol lol

Mentioned that in the MOTD thread lol It was ridiculous.

Did you notice him praising the shit cross that Erikson had to salvage just before the Alli goal?

Shocking back pass from Stones.

He makes a huge error every other week.

He "looks" classy on the ball but he's nowhere near a top class defender.

I just can't believe that anybody is thinking of paying £40m+ for him.

Stones is a good footballer, there is no doubt about it, and if he played with better players I think it'd be better for him. It's no coincidence Chelsea wanted him but I think his brain is in another place because of those bids. I mean, he put in a transfer request so he doesn't want to be there.

It's a shocking back pass but Martinez wants to play out and when you want to play like that then you've got to accept this sort of stuff can happen.

As much as I like Tim Howard, and as much as I think he's been terrible this year and as much as I think his career is going downhill... That penalty is 100% on John Stones for that stupid, lazy pass.

Stones is a good footballer, there is no doubt about it, and if he played with better players I think it'd be better for him. It's no coincidence Chelsea wanted him but I think his brain is in another place because of those bids. I mean, he put in a transfer request so he doesn't want to be there.

It's a shocking back pass but Martinez wants to play out and when you want to play like that then you've got to accept this sort of stuff can happen.

It's not as if Everton are a poor club with rubbish players they have been a top 7 team for about the last 10 years now

You have to do the simple basics of defending first foremost though. It's no excuse saying his boss wants him to play out from the back, sometimes he has to engage his brain and see it's not on. If he punts the odd one long, or sticks it in row Z and the boss pulls him up on it he can point out that he assessed the options and he only saw danger by playing across the box or back to the keeper.

I can't see that when they are having a team meeting about this match and pulling it apart that Martinez is going to tell Stones he did the right thing there, and if he does, he should be getting his P45.

Archived