Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Burak Yilmaz supposedly to sign for West Ham for €6. Would be disappointed if we didn't challenge that.

I was literally suggesting him the other day to my brother. Good goal scoring record for Galatasaray but he is 31 in the summer.

A lot of these from Wikipedia but...

Wijnaldum £14.5mil

Mitrovic £13mil

Mbemba £8mil

Toney £500k

Thauvin £12mil

Saivet £5mil

Shelvey £12mil

Townsend £12mil

Nearly eighty million quid for that? Absolutely shambolic and unacceptable.

Tbf £24 million of that has only just signed, bit harsh to judge then yet.

A lot of these from Wikipedia but...

Wijnaldum £14.5mil

Mitrovic £13mil

Mbemba £8mil

Toney £500k

Thauvin £12mil

Saivet £5mil

Shelvey £12mil

Townsend £12mil

Nearly eighty million quid for that? Absolutely shambolic and unacceptable.

Im going to completely disagree here Dan.

I think Newcastle have a pretty tidy squad with a decent amount of ability. Certainly more ability than to be in a relegation battle.

However, the club is torn with factions pulling in different directions, it struggles for focus and leadership, and Mclaren isnt getting the best out of what hes got.

Id say Wijnaldum, Mbemba, Shelvey and Townsend are at least decent and definitely good enough for a respectable finish, Mitrovic could be a rough diamond, hes learning and developing.

We have the second best disciplinary record in the PL as well.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premier-league/table/discipline

Shame adhering to the fairplay rules and finishing first in that department no longer comes with a Europa League spot, but only warrants a slight financial reward.

Then again, seeing that we're heading for the Champions League - who cares?

Im going to completely disagree here Dan.

I think Newcastle have a pretty tidy squad with a decent amount of ability. Certainly more ability than to be in a relegation battle.

However, the club is torn with factions pulling in different directions, it struggles for focus and leadership, and Mclaren isnt getting the best out of what hes got.

Id say Wijnaldum, Mbemba, Shelvey and Townsend are at least decent and definitely good enough for a respectable finish, Mitrovic could be a rough diamond, hes learning and developing.

couldn't be more accurate mate. Good post

I have a question, should Mertesacker have been sent off on Sunday?

Most people consider it was a foul, as he dived in at Costa's feet and didn't make any contact with the ball, he also didn't make much contact with Costa if any. I do believe that a foul can be given even if there is no contact...

...but he didn't prevent a goal scoring opportunity. Costa prevented himself from scoring by throwing himself to the ground like a tw@. 

If Mertesacker had tried to take out Costa and failed then fair enough send him off, but it looked like an attempt to win the ball that he got wrong.

So should he have been sent off? Is it enough for a missed tackle that doesn't even make contact to count as preventing or attempting to prevent a goal scoring opportunity?

Most people consider it was a foul, as he dived in at Costa's feet and didn't make any contact with the ball, he also didn't make much contact with Costa if any. I do believe that a foul can be given even if there is no contact...

...but he didn't prevent a goal scoring opportunity. Costa prevented himself from scoring by throwing himself to the ground like a tw@. 

If Mertesacker had tried to take out Costa and failed then fair enough send him off, but it looked like an attempt to win the ball that he got wrong.

So should he have been sent off? Is it enough for a missed tackle that doesn't even make contact to count as preventing or attempting to prevent a goal scoring opportunity?

Was a red card.

Why?

I believe he impeded Costa. He played for it yes, but he did impede him and i believe he would have been through on goal.

If he had let himself be wiped out, there would be no argument

All that matters is the refs view he was chasing the play seen the last defender slide in attacker goes down, he has to give a instant red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity

Doesn't matter that replays from other angles show no contact like I said all that matters is the refs view

Why?

If clear, Costa would be 1 on 1 with the goalie there. Also there was a slight touch of Costa's leg from what I saw on the replays. Obviously that twat made the most of it, felt down and rolled over like a stuntman from spaghetti western (which were shot in Spain btw).

Archived