Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

I believe he impeded Costa. He played for it yes, but he did impede him and i believe he would have been through on goal.

If he had let himself be wiped out, there would be no argument

But he was through on goal and then did his Bambi impression.

Costa prevented the goal scoring opportunity not Mertesacker, granted he could have done, and it was a last ditch tackle that he must have known could result in a red if he got it wrong, but it just feels wrong that Costa's dive got him sent off.

All that matters is the refs view he was chasing the play seen the last defender slide in attacker goes down, he has to give a instant red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity

Doesn't matter that replays from other angles show no contact like I said all that matters is the refs view

I don't disagree with that and it isn't an attack on the ref, but if Costa hadn't thrown himself to the floor and was through on goal, would the ref have blown for the foul and stopped play to send off Mertesacker? (The ref can't play advantage if it is a red card offence)

It just seems wrong that it was Costa's actions rather than Mertesacker's that brought about the red card and cost Arsenal the game.

I don't disagree with that and it isn't an attack on the ref, but if Costa hadn't thrown himself to the floor and was through on goal, would the ref have blown for the foul and stopped play to send off Mertesacker? (The ref can't play advantage if it is a red card offence)

It just seems wrong that it was Costa's actions rather than Mertesacker's that brought about the red card and cost Arsenal the game.

But It was Mertesacker's actions that brought the red card his attempted challenge give Costa an option to go down, I think he made a poor decision in making the challenge if Mertesacker had continued to run back and not made the challenge there was no saying Costa would have finished it, even if he did finish it having 11 players on the pitch is paramount

I'm fairly sure if the player has to dive to avoid being wiped out then it's still a foul - if Costa doesn't dive then the entire discussion isn't relevant because there wouldn't have been a foul for the referee to make a call on.

Nah, the more distractions for them the better, Man City will have more to think about if they face Liverpool in the final instead of Stoke.

Liverpool Man City final is best for us.

Man City loss to Everton might be interesting though... put a bit of munitiy in the camp maybe what with Pelligrenni seemingly on his way out.

I'm fairly sure if the player has to dive to avoid being wiped out then it's still a foul - if Costa doesn't dive then the entire discussion isn't relevant because there wouldn't have been a foul for the referee to make a call on.

But he didn't he wasn't avoiding Mertesacker when he dived, he had bypassed the foul and then gone down 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szglk1gkoJg

He has planted his right foot cleanly, it is nowhere near Mertesacker's lunge and then goes over on his right foot. He wasn't diving to avoid contact, he avoided contact and had a clear run at goal if he decided to stay on his feet. There was minimal contact on his left foot, and I'm not saying it isn't a foul, but if it is an automatic red for denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity, then I doesn't seem right to send him off when he didn't deny Costa anything.

Genius piece of FFP dodging by Chelsea, sell a shit player to China for silly money. Brilliant.

Reckon Shanghai can be talked in to buying Schwarzer for 30m so we can buy Musa?

You honestly don't rate him...? A few Chelsea fans I'm friends with are pretty gutted - say he's been one of their better performers this season.

You honestly don't rate him...? A few Chelsea fans I'm friends with are pretty gutted - say he's been one of their better performers this season.

He's too good to waste away in the Chinese leagues but if he's worth 25m then Kante is worth 60m minimum.

Man City win tonight please, hopefully another extra time going to penalties game and another set of knackered players who have another game to play and a final on their minds!

A Merseyside final would be great to watch though.

He's too good to waste away in the Chinese leagues but if he's worth 25m then [bold]Kante is worth 60m minimum.[/bold]

..was that not a given? ;)

It's a bit dirty that Chelsea have managed to get a £7m profit on the bloke from a Chinese team though. Easy money.

Archived