Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Just reading the Costa Mertersacker stuff.

It didn't look like Per touched Costa. So in my opinion, no foul.

I'm glad the ref was an idiot, it meant we went top. So I'm not upset, plus I hate Arsenal.

Glad De Bruyne is injured too. Harsh. But it helps us.

That injury isn't too bad for us at all really, 10 weeks misses our game and could have a fairly big impact on man City's run-in but at the same time he'll be fit for the Euros with a few games to get back into it at the end of the season, which will make the competition better.

As much as that sounds like fun, you are missing the point, I know that minimal contact whilst running at speed can take you down.

Are you saying Costa couldn't stay on his feet? Are you saying that he didn't choose to through himself to the floor to get Mertesacker sent off? If there is any question over Costa being unable to stay on his feet then it is a straight red no argument.

My whole point and reason for bringing this up is that he could have very easily stayed on his feet, he fully plants his right foot and then goes over on it, Mertesacker doesn't touch him, he doesn't change his stride pattern, he is all set to bring his left foot round and down in a fluid running motion and then goes flop. 

If you disagree then there we are talking about 2 different things, my point is Mertesacker didn't cause him to fall over so he didn't prevent a goal scoring opportunity, therefore no red (but still a foul, but I would expect the ref to wave play on and then book him if Costa doesn't dive). If you think he did cause Costa to fall over then it is a red no question.

I don't think there was anywhere near enough contact for Costa to go down.

If he stumbles and manages to stay on his feet, he's still going to have been impeded. It might allow a covering defender to get back or for the keeper to rush out. Either way, it's a foul.

You're being extremely naive about this. If he stays on his feet then there's a chance that he's negatively impacted and also the ref doesn't give anything. He would be stupid not to go down.

It would be funny for Van Ballbag to mess it up again but do we want a United win tonight? If they lose, he'll surely be gone and we don't want that.

they could be managed by a brian clough bill shankly dream team and they'd still struggle to even get as many points as we have now, all season. they are just fu cking shite. it's mainly his fault but nobody is going to come in and turn fellaini or jesse lingard into a mahrez or a kante

Man Ure draw tonight please. The more matches our close opponents have to play, the better for us. Want Arsenal, Tottingham, Man City, then all win their replays. Liverpool v West Ham to draw too would be good! Plus a very tough and tiring game for Liverpool please!

Not much to ask to help our cause! :ph34r:

Everton Football Club have had a £13.5m bid accepted for FC Lokomotiv Moscow's Oumar Niasse. The Senegal striker was voted as the Russian Premier League’s player of 2015 and has scored 12 goals this season.

Everton seemed to have bought Russia's best striker for £13.5M!

How is Mousa costing almost twice this?

wishing more games therefore more fatigue on our rivals is a bit tin pot is it not?

Not sure wishing our close rivals more games is tin pot, but surely any Leicester City fan would want us to have any advantage, however small? And if that means the other teams around us are embroiled in other games and competitions to complicate their run in, that has to be good for us? 

It's also not just about fatigue either. I would never wish injury on any team or player, but they are already happening. Then there will be games which managers have to prioritize. Maybe bad weather will come into play too, and they may have three or even four games a week. Then training, which will be toned down to give players time to rest with less focus on specific teams, as they will have many games for them to focus on.

Look how poor Stoke were against us. It was obvious players were holding back to avoid injury for the Liverpool match. So, will Arsenal players hold back against us hoping to avoid injury so they will be fit for Barcelona? Do Man Utd concentrate on the cup, with LVG knowing the title is close to being over and a nothing season means the end of his job? Do Tottingham continue to play hard in the Europa League with long trips involved? 

And whilst all this is going on, we just have 15 P/L games left and can concentrate on each one with 100%. 

Personally, I don't think it tin pot to wish extra games and complications on our rivals.

Look how poor Stoke were against us. It was obvious players were holding back to avoid injury for the Liverpool match. So, will Arsenal players hold back against us hoping to avoid injury so they will be fit for Barcelona? Do Man Utd concentrate on the cup, with LVG knowing the title is close to being over and a nothing season means the end of his job? Do Tottingham continue to play hard in the Europa League with long trips involved? 

I highly doubt Stoke players were holding back to avoid injury, I doubt any team does that, they play to 100% to try and win the match, lack of effort will show up massively and in some cases makes injury more likely.

I know it was an FA Cup day today and its easy to just go on the basis of the hattrick today, but Ihaenacho is going to be on of europe's leading strikers in 2 years time.

Just oozes class and composure. A complete striker already.

I know it was an FA Cup day today and its easy to just go on the basis of the hattrick today, but Ihaenacho is going to be on of europe's leading strikers in 2 years time.

Just oozes class and composure. A complete striker already.

Could be, but the amount of times I have seen similar to this only for them to completely go the opposite way... certainly the potential is there though that is obvious

Archived