Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Apparently Pep is confirmed to take over in the summer. Seems bizarre to announce it immediately but an "official looking" statement is on the Twitter page of The Guardian's Manchester football correspondent, so has to be assumed to be legit.

Apparently Pep is confirmed to take over in the summer. Seems bizarre to announce it immediately but an "official looking" statement is on the Twitter page of The Guardian's Manchester football correspondent, so has to be assumed to be legit.

Just had a notification it's confirmed by sky sports

So Pep is going bore for Man City then.

Who would have thought 3-4 years ago (particularly with the Aguerooooo moment in mind) that Manchester would soon be home to the two most boring teams in the league.

Who would have thought 3-4 years ago (particularly with the Aguerooooo moment in mind) that Manchester would soon be home to the two most boring teams in the league.

Errm maybe I've missed something, but why would Pep make Man City boring?

Errm maybe I've missed something, but why would Pep make Man City boring?

I don't watch much German football to see myself, but I've seen numerous claims that he's made Bayern into a boring side.

Maybe I'm the one missing something lol

Pellegrini had a contract past the summer didn't he? So there effectively sacking him in advance. They must be paying him a lot of money.

Pellegrini should let us win the title as a **** you to Man City!

I think he had a three-year contract from May 2013, so they are just not renewing it. Mind you, I agree he should let us win the title.

The situation at Man City is a shambles really, feel kind of sorry for Pellegrini but at the end of the day he's underachieved massively with a squad that should be miles ahead in the Premier League, he's at least on par with Van Gaal for me if not worse. Announcing that you're basically gonna sack him though whilst they're still in the race for all 4 competitions is a pretty stupid move though. As for Pep, may get some abuse for this but does anyone think he might be slightly overrated, he took the Barca job at the right time with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and co all coming into their peak, did a good job there and then went to a Champions League winning Bayern Munich and whilst he's won the league twice I reckon most managers could with the squad he has, and he's been shown up by Barcelona and Real Madrid in the CL semi finals in consecutive seasons. He's never had the challenge of taking over a team in the dumps (e.g. Man Utd) and turning them into a dynasty.

If anyone watched the Bayern vs Kramaric game yesterday, you would have noticed how frail Bayern are at the back when put under pressure, I recall Alonso giving away a corner with his face to goal in a miss-kick because he was being pressed. The fact Kramaric had two very very good chances against a Bayern team that records 80% posession, and who score all their goals from posession in the final third, tells me Leicester could score a few past a Pep team just by hitting them on the break. 

Plus he's basically riding a wave of sucsess and overachievement. Can't argue his records, but he's gone from Barcelona with Messi et al, to Bayern Munich with Lewandowski et al, and will now go to Manchester City with Aguero et al. Yeah Pep, realy challenging going from the Bayern Munich Bundersliga to oil rich, 2nd place (to Leicester) Manchester City where you can throw money at players to join a squad who are already the best in the league, nice...

Would be an actual challenge if Pep took over Sunderland, or bloodyTorquay United; then perhaps he can challenge himself, but he wouldn't do that so he's not found out.

Hope Manchester United get Mourinho now just so Pep doesn't dominate at money city

quite excited to see him play the same way with fabian delph instead of alonso and wilfried bony instead of messi tbf 

mangala to play the pique role and jesus navas to do a robben

Out of respect for Pellegrini :blink:

If he's announced that he doesn't want to renew his contract then it'll stop the speculation and let him get on with it. Don't think it's a bad thing to be honest.

Bayern have conceded 9 in 19 in the league and you are calling their defence shit lol

The Premier League and style of football is the toughest challenge Guardiola will face, but Man Utd and Spurs have proved the value of possession football when it comes to defending well and keeping clean shits without relying on outstanding individuals.

We hardly created an abundance of chances when we have played them have we? And he does it better.

Bayern have conceded 9 in 19 in the league and you are calling their defence shit lol

The Premier League and style of football is the toughest challenge Guardiola will face, but Man Utd and Spurs have proved the value of possession football when it comes to defending well and keeping clean shits without relying on outstanding individuals.

We hardly created an abundance of chances when we have played them have we? And he does it better.

sounds quite hard to do

Archived