Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

If anyone watched the Bayern vs Kramaric game yesterday, you would have noticed how frail Bayern are at the back when put under pressure, I recall Alonso giving away a corner with his face to goal in a miss-kick because he was being pressed. The fact Kramaric had two very very good chances against a Bayern team that records 80% posession, and who score all their goals from posession in the final third, tells me Leicester could score a few past a Pep team just by hitting them on the break. 

Plus he's basically riding a wave of sucsess and overachievement. Can't argue his records, but he's gone from Barcelona with Messi et al, to Bayern Munich with Lewandowski et al, and will now go to Manchester City with Aguero et al. Yeah Pep, realy challenging going from the Bayern Munich Bundersliga to oil rich, 2nd place (to Leicester) Manchester City where you can throw money at players to join a squad who are already the best in the league, nice...

Would be an actual challenge if Pep took over Sunderland, or bloodyTorquay United; then perhaps he can challenge himself, but he wouldn't do that so he's not found out.

Hope Manchester United get Mourinho now just so Pep doesn't dominate at money city

People say that about Mourinho. If it was so easy winning with big money clubs then why isn't van Gaal succeeding? Why is Pellegrini not running away with the title? Why are Arsenal a constant failure?

Man Utd have got to get Mourinho now. man City are going to soar above them.

They could potentially dominate next season.

Aguero, Lewandowski, Mueller, Icheanacho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Costa, Silva, Robben...

A change of manager doesn't neciserilly mean players will follow. Surely you could say the same thing about the likes of Lewandowski and Klopp.

Bayern have conceded 9 in 19 in the league and you are calling their defence shit lol

The Premier League and style of football is the toughest challenge Guardiola will face, but Man Utd and Spurs have proved the value of possession football when it comes to defending well and keeping clean shits without relying on outstanding individuals.

We hardly created an abundance of chances when we have played them have we? And he does it better.

Not calling the defence shit, frail was the term.

I don't watch much German football to see myself, but I've seen numerous claims that he's made Bayern into a boring side.

Maybe I'm the one missing something lol

No you're right, neither do I. Just surprised that people think he's boring. From everything I've heard other managers say about him, he is genuinely a smart coach. Coaches have gone to see him train his players and study under him, to come back with nothing but genuine praise. You can have great players, after all, but if you can't manage them then you're not going to be as successful. Man City would be a good test for him to be honest - they have massively under-performed on occasions in the past few years. 

because everything hes ever done has been boring except messi and he wont have messi 

...or WILL he...?  :P

quite excited to see him play the same way with fabian delph instead of alonso and wilfried bony instead of messi tbf 

Hahaha

Sagna to perform the Philip Lahm role.

I can't get my head around West Brom here. If they sell Berahino today for about £25mil then fair play, they've done well, but are they seriously not selling him for over £20mil because they think it could relegate them? It won't be that alone that relegates them if they go down.

Imagine what we'd do with that £21mil. **** sake.

People say that about Mourinho. If it was so easy winning with big money clubs then why isn't van Gaal succeeding? Why is Pellegrini not running away with the title? Why are Arsenal a constant failure?

Pelligrini should be running away with the title with that squad, he's underachieving. Van Gaal isn't playing the right blend of football and is constantly negative in his team selections; plus the team is overrated as it is. Talented yeah, but overrated. Sums it up, we're in a league with little driving force or dominance year on year. There's Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester City all capable of dominating with their squads; but only one can win. Problem with the Bundersliga is it's now a one-club league, pretty much on the level of the French league with PSG or Scottish Prem with Celtic right now. 

The one thing we as the English can hold on to is that our league is competitive, that not one single team can be identified as clear pre-season favourites. I disagree with pundits or criticicms of the Premier League saying the standards have dropped, or that the mighty are falling; I don't think that's entirely true, the league is just becoming even more competitive. Newcastle are outspending Arsenal, Liverpool are outspending Chelsea, and Leicester City are top of the league whereas Chelsea have spent most of the season drifting above the relegation zone.

Unless one team; probably pep's Man City, spends the millions on bringing in the best talent possible, the Premier League will remain open like this for the better.

This is only good news for us. Who wants to give 100% for a manager they know won't be there come the summer?

Not necessary true, the incentive of winning a title also can be strong.  Any loyal players who are loyal to Pellegrini also would want to give him a good send off too. It would have at least some kind of effect on atmosphere for sure which is a good thing though.

I do not get all hate for Pep, he may have inherited a great team at Barcelona but he took them to another level which is a good achievement. I admit Bayern Munich was a simple job for him but it would require a strong character to take over at a club who are very family orientated and have a set way of doing things but Pep was able to leave his stamp there.  In some way I think Man City is actually an interesting move for him as they are under achieving at the moment with some average players so it would actually be first team that Pep may actively need to sort out rather than to just 'better' them.

It is clear he is ambitious and want to win titles in different countries, what do you expect- him going to somewhere like Leeds with low pay just for the kick of it? I doubt anyone of his haters would have done anything differently to him. Jose started with Porto but subsequent clubs he managed after were all giants. 

I can't get my head around West Brom here. If they sell Berahino today for about £25mil then fair play, they've done well, but are they seriously not selling him for over £20mil because they think it could relegate them? It won't be that alone that relegates them if they go down.

the whole "saga" is mental. 

first things first he's not even that good. he's a decent bottom half of the prem striker on his day. 

secondly, he's clearly a bell end. 

thirdly, that's a ridiculous offer considering...

fourthly HE LITERALLY NEVER PLAYS FOR WEST BROM because they all hate him so what are they doing not selling him for whatever they can get, let alone turning down way too much money. 

newcastle are stupid and could sign anyone they want and probably still be shit so hope he goes there for a laugh. tony pulis is a wan ker. 

Pulis would probably sign two 8ft centre backs to play at right back and in midfield.

Sky must be thanking man city because otherwise they'd have bugger all of major interest to talk about on their big deadline gala day

Banged £5 on Man City to win Prem/Champs League and FA cup at 250/1.

He'll get rid of some of the dross they have and make them a proper elite team. Champions League may be a stretch but that's why it's 250/1 haha.

He has got to buy a full new back 4 for that to happen! I am interested to see if he can get the elite players to sign as well the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Levendoski, Muller I just cant see them signing for City.

He has got to buy a full new back 4 for that to happen! I am interested to see if he can get the elite players to sign as well the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Levendoski, Muller I just cant see them signing for City.

Can see him bringing in 5 or 6 players, as you say. The defence is probably the key area to strengthen. Would interesting to see if he could snap up Sandro from Juvé to play left back, I think Zabaleta is a good enough right back to be fair if he can stay fit. Then sign 2 CB's and probably whack in a 50 mill bid for Kante.

The chairman is selling the club. He values Berahino has an asset of the club what could inflate the price of the club. Hence he ain't selling.

I don't watch much German football to see myself, but I've seen numerous claims that he's made Bayern into a boring side.

Maybe I'm the one missing something lol

I hate to say this, but he hasnt made Bayern Boring...Here in Germany I support BVB , with a natural dislike

for everything Bayern.The boring thing is their continual success, and the fact they really are one of the top

3 clubs in Europe.Here in Germany the non Bayern fans, tend to dislike/respect them for pure honest

arrogance, and yes their success.For too many years they bought the best German talent, if need be

just to leave them on the Bench.Then when foreigners found great form in other BL sides, nicked them

as well, bastards yes, boring no.For years they had the best football club manager probably world wide( not coach)

in Uli Hoeness. Disliked him since I settled in Germany, he was boringly successfull and right in choices,

but so easily hated but begrudgingly respected.Never then nor now like the team boring.

I hate to say this, but he hasnt made Bayern Boring...Here in Germany I support BVB , with a natural dislike

for everything Bayern.The boring thing is their continual success, and the fact they really

are one of the top 3 clubs in Europe.Here in Germany the non Bayern fans, tend to

dislike/respect them for pure honest arrogance, and yes their success.

For too many years they bought the best German talent, if need be just to leave them on the Bench.

Then when foreigners found great form in other BL sides, nicked them as well,

bastards yes, boring no.For years they had the best football club manager

probably world wide( not coach) in Uli Hoeness. Disliked him since I settled in Germany,

he was boringly successfull and right in choices,but so easily hated but begrudgingly respected.

Never then nor now like the team boring.

Archived