Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Always going to divide opinion this sort of thing. I think they're trying to save some face by not making money out of a title sponsor which is obviously good PR for them.

Design wise, I like the block colour idea and the lion head on its own it's just as Babylon says above THAT FONT WHY!! But i'm seeing out through someone in Branding's eyes so who knows what the majority will think. 

The preview they have shown of the Purple Background & Lion head on an iPhone app looks great.

Logo doesn't look too bad - I was expecting much worse - but very little effort has been put into that.

The arm badge looks cheap, though.

So no more Barclays sponsors at grounds next season? I notice at the King Power there's a few advertising boards (non electric) which have Barclays sponsors on them.

We'll still have some Barclays sponsoring around the stadium if Barclays choose to sponsor us as a club, but some of the sponsoring which was already there was (I believe) Premier League sponsoring, which will obviously no longer be there...

Always going to divide opinion this sort of thing. I think they're trying to save some face by not making money out of a title sponsor which is obviously good PR for them.

Design wise, I like the block colour idea and the lion head on its own it's just as Babylon says above THAT FONT WHY!! But i'm seeing out through someone in Branding's eyes so who knows what the majority will think. 

The preview they have shown of the Purple Background & Lion head on an iPhone app looks great.

I think it's more to do with selling the brand abroad which is difficult with the Barclays inclusion.

So the arm badges will look like this?

Jw6ciQr.jpg?1

Coming from a graphic design student, that looks terrible and tacky. I like what they've done with the lion's head, that's a nice touch. But once again, we're seeing another example of lazy design. The typeface, to me, does not scream football. It looks like a bank logo. A modern, sleek serif typeface would've worked much better than a bubblegum pop style rounded font. The outer shield shape caps off a cheap looking design. I hate the idea of completely stripping off elements of a currently successful design just for the sake of it. It's a failure. Rant over.

*edit* Does this also mean they'll change the shirt number font?

Logo doesn't look too bad - I was expecting much worse - but very little effort has been put into that.

We'll still have some Barclays sponsoring around the stadium if Barclays choose to sponsor us as a club, but some of the sponsoring which was already there was (I believe) Premier League sponsoring, which will obviously no longer be there...

I presume it will be replaced by PL hoardings, by the FA for cup games and CL for Euro games?

I presume it will be replaced by PL hoardings, by the FA for cup games and CL for Euro games?

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say :)

There'll still be some sort of advertising, it'll just be advertisers backing the club directly, or competition-specific ads/branding

How can United justify playing Martial on the wing?

He's a thousand times more dangerous than Rooney.

Because Rooney is who he is.

Pretty sure Rooney's either scored or assisted their last 11/12 goals. Feel free to correct me if I've misread that stat somewhere.

The lion's head looks good, but the font does make it look like the logo of a mid-sized consultancy business in Northampton or somewhere.

The Chinese league is probably gonna be my new favourite league by next week.

who you supporting? think im going for the shanghai greenland shenhua boys. tim cahill an demba ba up front. up the greenlands. 

Fear it'll manifest like this: http://deadspin.com/mls-unveils-new-logo-1636268989

Originally Shangai but now Jiangsu Suning after they signed Jo. Can't wait, hope it's on tele over here

glory hunter. jo/ramires/alex teixera is some great january business tbf. hoping new signing fredy guarin makes the difference for my boys and we can make the champions league. 

itv4 need to get it on like they did the indian super league 

glory hunter. jo/ramires/alex teixera is some great january business tbf. hoping new signing fredy guarin makes the difference for my boys and we can make the champions league.

itv4 need to get it on like they did the indian super league

Pound for pound I think you have the best squad in the league, and in Manzano an experienced campaigner in charge. Champions league is the bare minimum for you guys.

Pound for pound I think you have the best squad in the league, and in Manzano an experienced campaigner in charge. Champions league is the bare minimum for you guys.

obviously the end of last season and losing the cup in extra time to you guys, our big yangtze delta derby rivals will have hurt the squad but hopefully we come back stronger. 

obviously the end of last season and losing the cup in extra time to you guys, our big yangtze delta derby rivals will have hurt the squad but hopefully we come back stronger.

It's sure to be an exciting season buddy, I personally cannot wait for it to kick off. I'll be celebrating match day 1 with a Chinese takeaway & a bottle of Tsingtao

Archived