Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Hughes is a **** of the massive order. He didn't just kill someone in a road traffic accident. He legged it from the scene to try and avoid a breath test because he was pissed.

I'd rather associate with Johnson any day of the week than him. Shagging a 15 year old maybe against the law but it's hardly a heinous thing.

He didn't even have sex with her by the sounds of things. He pleaded guilty to a 'sex act'.

It's actually plausible that she w*anked him off, while claiming to be 18 or something.

People are forgetting that just because he pleaded guilty to the grooming thing, doesn't mean he knew she was 15.

It's hardly like he's jimmy Saville. He's not a 65 year old or something, forcing sex on minors.

Why do you think this girl has done all this? For money obviously. Sounds as though he's been completely set up tbh.

Someone thinks he's been set up and could have thought she was eighteen, despite admitting he knew she was underage :nigel: Get back in the basement hiz.

Where has he admitted that he knew she was underage? It is possible to groom someone you believe to be 16 yano. He has admitted to it now he knows how old she is but not that he knew she was underage.

He didn't even have sex with her by the sounds of things. He pleaded guilty to a 'sex act'.

It's actually plausible that she w*anked him off, while claiming to be 18 or something.

People are forgetting that just because he pleaded guilty to the grooming thing, doesn't mean he knew she was 15.

It's hardly like he's jimmy Saville. He's not a 65 year old or something, forcing sex on minors.

Why do you think this girl has done all this? For money obviously. Sounds as though he's been completely set up tbh.

Now then!

Now then!

Where has he admitted that he knew she was underage? It is possible to groom someone you believe to be 16 yano. He has admitted to it now he knows how old she is but not that he knew she was underage.

He has pleaded guilty to two offences where part of the offence is that you know that the victim is under 16.

tbf if i was a 15 year old girl id rather a pro footballer "touched me sexually" than ran me over but maybe that's just me

Yeah, if I was the father of a 15 year old girl, I would rather deal with the aftermath of her being touched up by a footballer nearly twice her age than being killed by a drink driver.  Neither is a great situation but one IS much worse than the other.

There is a sliding scale to these things.  I suspect that what he has pleaded guilty to would be on more minor end of the scale - the stuff that won't send him to prison.  It all depends on what part of her body he touched with what part of his - it doesn't need to involve genitalia but he knew she was a child.  It doesn't sound like he has raped a baby.

Hughes is a **** of the massive order. He didn't just kill someone in a road traffic accident. He legged it from the scene to try and avoid a breath test because he was pissed.

I'd rather associate with Johnson any day of the week than him. Shagging a 15 year old maybe against the law but it's hardly a heinous thing.

It's a matter of persective.  Some people on here seem to think that committing an offence that gets you on the sex offender register is an automatic pass for being the the devil's right hand man.  It's like "Look at that guy - he got drunk, drove, crashed, killed two kids and did a runner, he is an idiot.  Wait til you look at this guy though - he touched a 15 year old's boobs - what a scum bag"

Oh and yes- he is finished as a footballer and deservedly so.

No, he admitted to grooming someone he knew to be 15. Before you spout off at least do a basic fact check.

A Tottenham blog claiming to find a correlation between a team's league position and its traveling distance over the course of a season:

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ch/2016/02/aston-villa-1st-leicester-2nd-spurs-6th.html

Anything, just anything to play the underdog card for Spurs.

Those teams also play at home... and they are shit there as well. Many teams fly now as well... even if they don't, it's hardly taxing to drive 4 hours instead of two in a luxury bus and spend the night in a hotel.

Hughes handed himself in the next morning and admitted to it. I'm not saying he's a saint, but in the cold sober light of day he held his hands up. Johnson on the other hand has spent a year proclaiming his innocence.

Yeah, if I was the father of a 15 year old girl, I would rather deal with the aftermath of her being touched up by a footballer nearly twice her age than being killed by a drink driver. Neither is a great situation but one IS much worse than the other.

True, but that's not the point. One of those is an accident as a result of a bad decision, and the other one is sinister. We're comparing someone getting behind the wheel when pissed and accidentally killing someone, to someone allegedly trying to fvck a minor.

Hughes handed himself in the next morning and admitted to it. I'm not saying he's a saint, but in the cold sober light of day he held his hands up. Johnson on the other hand has spent a year proclaiming his innocence.

What McCormack and Hughes did is a world away from Johnson. He'll never get another club.

If you had a new person at work and you found out a few years previous they had got drunk and drove causing a death, you'd probably think they were a bit stupid and hope they'd learnt a lesson. It might take you a while to warm to them, but I think they'd be accepted. If you found out your new coworker liked having sex with under aged children I bet you'd want nothing to do with them.

I'm not getting into the whole "this crime is much worse than this" but I find it bizarre that you think people would be more accepting of somebody who is responsible for the death of other people. Both crimes are horrific.

I don't think Johnson has been pleading innocence for the past year either, has he? He turned up at Court the other day accused, of which he admitted one and not the other two. 

I'm not getting into the whole "this crime is much worse than this" but I find it bizarre that you think people would be more accepting of somebody who is responsible for the death of other people. Both crimes are horrific.

I don't think Johnson has been pleading innocence for the past year either, has he? He turned up at Court the other day accused, of which he admitted one and not the other two.

I'll refer to Raw Dykes post a couple up from this.

I'll refer to Raw Dykes post a couple up from this.

True, but that's not the point. One of those is an accident as a result of a bad decision, and the other one is sinister. We're comparing someone getting behind the wheel when pissed and accidentally killing someone, to someone actively trying to fvck a minor.

There is no difference. They are both bad decisions.

"Accidentally killing someone". Wtf. I've been drunk many many times in my life, never once have I thought 'fvck it lets go for a drive'.

Johnson pleaded guilty to the sex offences with one but denied penetration with the other two which indicates he didn't necessarily have sex with her.

edit: Also... if someone picks up a gun and kills someone do you think that is a 'bad decision' too? 

Just to stop this going off course. This is a premier league (english and chinese) thread. There is already a Johnson thread knocking about in genny sport

I was going to say the same thing, but it seems to have disappeared.

Without knowing the details it is  hard to condemn Johnson as worse than a killer, and without knowing the mental and physical pain inflicted by him, it is hard to compare the aftermath to that of a death.

With Johnson there are degrees of severity to what he has been accused of and pleaded guilty to, whereas Hughes and McCormick killed people, there is no coming back from that, but they did so as  a result of drunkenness and stupidity not out of any desire to kill someone. They have been punished (whether it was sufficient or not is another matter) and have been allowed to continue their lives. The difference being it wasn't premeditated, and as "role models" to young fans they can serve as a lesson and a deterrent, whereas if someone is convicted as a paedophile then they should not be in a position where children look up to them and hero worship them. Whether it is a minor case of 15 year old boob touching or full on Savile-esque behaviour.

He denied it all year and pleaded not guilty in court, until his barrister took him to one side for half an hour and then he came back and pleaded guilty. (I read that somewhere but can't find it know, and don't want to spend a lot of time searching for it...) 

Just to stop this going off course. This is a premier league (english and chinese) thread. There is already a Johnson thread knocking about in genny sport

which part of radamel falcao do your team want and when just gonna contact the chinese fa to organise shipping etc

True, but that's not the point. One of those is an accident as a result of a bad decision, and the other one is sinister. We're comparing someone getting behind the wheel when pissed and accidentally killing someone, to someone actively trying to fvck a minor.

Morris Minor?

He denied it all year and pleaded not guilty in court, until his barrister took him to one side for half an hour and then he came back and pleaded guilty. (I read that somewhere but can't find it know, and don't want to spend a lot of time searching for it...)

A lot of barristers tell people to plead guilty even if they aren't.

I'm not saying he isn't guilty but I know that barristers will tell you to plead that as it reduces sentencing if they think you'll have a good chance of being found guilty.

I'm not saying he isn't guilty but I know that barristers will tell you to plead that as it reduces sentencing if they think you'll have a good chance of being found guilty.

Maybe so, I was referring to FOX  92 who was saying he hadn't been denying it, when he had for a year and has now pleaded guilty, there is no way he would have pleaded guilty and ruined his career unless he was guilty. In some cases where it is only a minor crime it may be beneficial to plead guilty and just cop a fine rather than risk a prison sentence if it goes to court and you are found guilty. But when it is as serious as this you don't plead guilty unless you are guilty and the evidence is overwhelming.

What McCormack and Hughes did is a world away from Johnson. He'll never get another club.

If you had a new person at work and you found out a few years previous they had got drunk and drove causing a death, you'd probably think they were a bit stupid and hope they'd learnt a lesson. It might take you a while to warm to them, but I think they'd be accepted. If you found out your new coworker liked having sex with under aged children I bet you'd want nothing to do with them.

You are joking here, right?

You are aware that McCormick was driving way over the drink drive limit and with no insurance, killing two children and seriously injuring their father? Personally I think that's more than 'a bit stupid', but heyho each to their own.

but why would you admit you are a paedophile. Ruin your career, destroy your family life if you are not guilty

Archived