Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

The key fact in this case is that Johnson 'knew' her age, yet still went ahead with whatever it was they did. There are examples where 18 year olds have slept 15 years and have got in trouble where I think its harsh but Johnson is 28?? He knows the law, knows it is wrong yet did it anyway.

Anyone know how the story came about? Did the girl file a complaint or has the girls family got involved?

but why would you admit you are a paedophile. Ruin your career, destroy your family life if you are not guilty

Yeah true.

I was just saying that sometimes it's in your benefit to plead guilty even if it not.

Obviously it's not in his benefit to admit to being a massive paedo of he isn't.

Maybe so, I was referring to FOX  92 who was saying he hadn't been denying it, when he had for a year and has now pleaded guilty, there is no way he would have pleaded guilty and ruined his career unless he was guilty. In some cases where it is only a minor crime it may be beneficial to plead guilty and just cop a fine rather than risk a prison sentence if it goes to court and you are found guilty. But when it is as serious as this you don't plead guilty unless you are guilty and the evidence is overwhelming.

I was more of asking a question. I haven't been following the case or anything I just read Johnson had pleaded guilty to one case. I didn't know/think he has been denying it for the past year. 

A lot of barristers tell people to plead guilty even if they aren't.

I'm not saying he isn't guilty but I know that barristers will tell you to plead that as it reduces sentencing if they think you'll have a good chance of being found guilty.

wouldnt that be lying?

The girl says she's 15 and in Year 10. Johnson asks her when she turns 16. She says November.

Johnson asks her where she goes out. She says she's not old enough to go out cos she's 15, he says well you look old enough.

Knowing all that he still proceeds to do what he did.

Moron of the highest order.

Wow just read the exchange of text messages. Shocking

Johnson is quite clearly not the brightest tool in the box.

What baffles me is the lack of awareness regarding the possible ramifications for his actions. So irresponsible.

You don't think he is going to claim he didn't know it was illegal?

Possibly, but ignorance or a mistake as to the law is not a defence, generally. Especially when it's something as blatant as the age of consent, it's know as Ignorantia juris non excusat, for anyone who happens to care. 

Possibly, but ignorance or a mistake as to the law is not a defence, generally. Especially when it's something as blatant as the age of consent, it's know as Ignorantia juris non excusat, for anyone who happens to care. 

Oh I know it's  not an excuse, it just seems an odd thing to bring up in court and if that was going to be his defence, that he didn't know the law that is why he was checking.

It is quite worrying that they got his search engine history, I didn't think that law got passed.

Does anyone know how it all came to light? I'm assuming she went to the police, but if she was a big fan and idolised him, was it her parents that found out?

Johnson is quite clearly not the brightest tool in the box.

What baffles me is the lack of awareness regarding the possible ramifications for his actions. So irresponsible.

Reading reports of the case including the messages above, understanding his partner was pregnant at the time and coupling that with the goings on at Sunderland in generally and his own fall from grace - I expect there was huge psychological factors that impacted on his behaviour and impaired his judgement.

It's a difficult one, yes he's been stupid and there's no real excusing of that, but I can also see the reasons why events took the course they did.

Oh I know it's  not an excuse, it just seems an odd thing to bring up in court and if that was going to be his defence, that he didn't know the law that is why he was checking.

It is quite worrying that they got his search engine history, I didn't think that law got passed.

Does anyone know how it all came to light? I'm assuming she went to the police, but if she was a big fan and idolised him, was it her parents that found out?

The police were probably checking for other images / related content. They can get access under a warrant.

Reading reports of the case including the messages above, understanding his partner was pregnant at the time and coupling that with the goings on at Sunderland in generally and his own fall from grace - I expect there was huge psychological factors that impacted on his behaviour and impaired his judgement.

It's a difficult one, yes he's been stupid and there's no real excusing of that, but I can also see the reasons why events took the course they did.

Really... I can't see how there is any justification at all just scum and needs to be banged up for his stupidity , took full advantage of his position

Archived