Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

This post has been removed due to false allegations.

I suspect given he's admitted a couple of charges but is still defending others, full sex wasn't involved and that this is a case surrounding a degree of sexual contact.

It's also worth considering this is deemed a criminal act due to an arbitrary age of consent... and there is only 12 months in this.

Finally, it needs to be recognised that the reports we are hearing are from the prosecution presenting its case AND given a lot of these are Twitter based, we can't be certain whether these are statements that may have been challenged by the defence. Essentially - we may not be getting as clear a picture as it might appear.

However, from the various sources I've looked at it appears this is an unfortunate and sad tale for all parties involved and that the rampant press coverage and any subsequent jail sentence that might extend from the trial is unlikely to do anything for either the victim or defendant.

I could of course be wrong and we may find that prosecution produces evidence of other encounters he may of tried to instigate, in which case I'd be willing to change my thinking, but if this is indeed an isolated incident, I personally would refrain from judging too harshly - even if that's not the popular thing to do.

i agree you make bad decisions but i bet you didn't decide to fk a 15 year old did you.

P1sses me off cause he had the best job in the world and made the most terrible decision you could make.

Because depression recognises the job and how much money you have does it?

And take his situation - he would feel his career slowly going the wrong way. The highs of Man City and breaking into the England setup long gone, battling injuries and the like - its only the best job if a lot of things go your way, it can be hard and demoralising work if it doesn't and one of the evils of a lot of the nations youth setups is the lack of development on the mental side of not only the game but life.

Is this a defence for his actions? I'd say no, but we'll have to wait and see what his own defence puts forward. My point is more that I can see this being a big factor in what has occurred and that maybe people shouldn't be as quick to judge someone, especially before the full facts of the case have been presented.

I can tell this is going to be controversial on here, but he was clearly suffering from depression... and having been there myself, you can make bad choices as you desperately find something 'safe to be happy in'.

Clearly suffering from depression? Have I missed something here that even suggests he was suffering from depression?

Does 'sex acts' there mean physical contact or flirty messages? Because the 'thank you kiss' comment may imply nothing actually happened when they met?

There are other things that imply something physical happened. "Sex acts" are far from messages. However, not sex.

Clearly suffering from depression? Have I missed something here that even suggests he was suffering from depression?

It's my own infrence, I fully admit that, but there are clues from what's been presented in the case so far and what's in the public domain that I've drawn upon and my own personal knowledge of depression that's brought me to that conclusion.

Are they sharing any texts that she sent at all?

Given its the prosecution presenting unlikely... except the few referencing her age (or lack of).

There does, however seem to be a suggestion already that the girl in question was rather infatuated with him prior to them meeting, an avenue the defence is likely to go down.

She may have played a part in the 'relationship' but he has clearly abused his position. At best he's an idiot for risking everything over a young girl, regardless of whether she was happy to go along.

The messages are something a teenager would send not someone in their late 20s.

It's my own infrence, I fully admit that, but there are clues from what's been presented in the case so far and what's in the public domain that I've drawn upon and my own personal knowledge of depression that's brought me to that conclusion.

What kind of things? You can draw many pictures in a case like this based on speculation but I've seen nothing noteworthy that points to depression (admittedly I only really know the headline stuff that's been posted). He just comes off as very creepy.

Is the girl too young to be prosecuted.

It might be that she started all this. :unsure:

You can't prosecute a child for instigating sex with an adult! lol

Even if she did come on to him, he should have known better.

Archived