Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Tbf I bet you weren't saying that when he gave us two penalties in the 5-3 win over Man Utd.

I have zero respect for any referee who gives decisions based on something he cannot possibly have seen without being one of the x-men.

I also despise the fact that no referee, after having made a shocking decision, comes out afterwards holding their hands up and saying they got it wrong. Smug wankers most of them.

I also despise the fact that no referee, after having made a shocking decision, comes out afterwards holding their hands up and saying they got it wrong. Smug wankers most of them.

For some reason they aren't allowed to but of course it would certainly help them if they could come out to explain a decision.

Meanwhile its not Jose Man U need...its Tim Sherwood!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10170006/man-utd-should-replace-louis-van-gaal-with-tim-sherwood-says-paul-parker

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35573721

Wenger actually used to be good at finding gems and rejects for peanuts and turn them into world beaters.

Interesting debate that actually.

The top clubs in this country continue to get it wrong in my eyes. They sign to appease the fans who for some bizarre reason have this mentality that the more you spend, the more ambitious you are, rather than what you actually spend the money on. I've said it about a thousand times on here but the amount of money clubs in the Premier League squander is absolutely criminal, completely laughable when you compare it to leagues like La Liga, the Bundesliga and dare I say it even Ligue 1 & Serie A when you compare how they're performing. I know English clubs will pay a premium because people know they're loaded, but it hasn't stopped us bagging bargain after bargain has it?

Leicester are different to the top clubs because our expectations are different. We don't demand £25mil thrown at Depay. We're happy to spend that much in one summer on about six players. Would Kante flourish like this at Arsenal? Would Man Utd accept a left back released by Schalke? Would any of them have even considered the possibility of Vardy or Mahrez? I suppose we've had it good in the sense we've come from a position where we're happy to give them the game time, and are able to be a lot more patient as well. Arsenal have just signed someone from Basel, Elneny, I bet he becomes a bit part player for them before eventually leaving them for someone like Stuttgart. If he'd joined us, he'd make a lot more for himself, I'm absolutely sure of it. These top clubs have this ridiculous pressure on them to make unnecessary signings and that can only play into the hands of clubs like us.

Anybody else hear about this Laurent Depoitre fellow from Kaa Gent? Most of the Premier League (including Leicester) are sending scouts to the CL game against Wolfsburg to watch him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/12159281/Meet-the-striker-half-the-Premier-League-wants-to-sign.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6934929/bLaurent-Depoitre-Manchester-United-City-and-Arsenal-among-13-clubs-at-Gents-Champions-League-last-16-clash-to-scout-starbut-who-is-he-b.html

His goal scoring record in the Belgian league isn't that eye-catching (13 in 35 last season), but he's a really big, powerful striker. There's a video in the Telegraph article. Looks more like a Huth than an Ulloa physically, but he looks like he moves pretty well and can finish with both feet. The interesting thing is that he's 27 but he was an amateur until 2011 while going to school. This club has faired pretty well in the recent past with finding talent in lower divisions... of course, in this case the player would be coming off of a Champions League appearance. Intriguing option.

Interesting debate that actually.

The top clubs in this country continue to get it wrong in my eyes. They sign to appease the fans who for some bizarre reason have this mentality that the more you spend, the more ambitious you are, rather than what you actually spend the money on. I've said it about a thousand times on here but the amount of money clubs in the Premier League squander is absolutely criminal, completely laughable when you compare it to leagues like La Liga, the Bundesliga and dare I say it even Ligue 1 & Serie A when you compare how they're performing. I know English clubs will pay a premium because people know they're loaded, but it hasn't stopped us bagging bargain after bargain has it?

Leicester are different to the top clubs because our expectations are different. We don't demand £25mil thrown at Depay. We're happy to spend that much in one summer on about six players. Would Kante flourish like this at Arsenal? Would Man Utd accept a left back released by Schalke? Would any of them have even considered the possibility of Vardy or Mahrez? I suppose we've had it good in the sense we've come from a position where we're happy to give them the game time, and are able to be a lot more patient as well. Arsenal have just signed someone from Basel, Elneny, I bet he becomes a bit part player for them before eventually leaving them for someone like Stuttgart. If he'd joined us, he'd make a lot more for himself, I'm absolutely sure of it. These top clubs have this ridiculous pressure on them to make unnecessary signings and that can only play into the hands of clubs like us.

It is an interesting debate.

The problem is being a 'top' club results in enormous wealth.

You mention la liga, their top teams are always the biggest marquee signings in all of Europe, in fact I would go as far as saying that they are as guilty of inflating players fees and wages more so than all the top teams in England.

On the other hand, if our leagues top teams want to compete with the Real Madrids and Barcelonas they have to take a number and join the auction.

What I do find a little amusing is that no matter how much money the 'big' English teams have, most of them still can't keep their best players from going la liga.

Imagine if Spurs had Modric and Bale this season.

If United had Pique with Ronaldo.(poor comparison)

When you have prestige AND wealth you are probably going to pay double the amount a lesser team would have to, just as a result of that wealth.

I certainly never thought for one minute Bale was worth 80 million, the good news is Mahrez should go for what?

Quarter of a billion and he's yours zizu

Tim Cahill's had his contract cancelled in China... wonder if he still has enough legs to provide something over a 13 game period. He's kind of a striker.

Yh i'm sure he has.....given the slow pace of the premier league compared to the chinese league.

I have zero respect for any referee who gives decisions based on something he cannot possibly have seen without being one of the x-men.

i really think the fa or whoever tells them not to do this.

Guest Col city fan

They aren't allowed to. It's another archaic rule that needs modernising. I think if Refs did have the chance to explain decisions, or simply hold their hands up and say they made a mistake, they'd be respected more.

They aren't allowed to. It's another archaic rule that needs modernising. I think if Refs did have the chance to explain decisions, or simply hold their hands up and say they made a mistake, they'd be respected more.

My guess at the logic behind this rule (I'm not saying I agree with it) is if refs had to explain their decisions and their thought processes, some managers might use this information to play the referee and try to manufacture situations where the referees are likely to give favourable decisions.

I imagine it wouldn't take long for a manager to build a profile of each referee and use this information for their own benefit. It sounds far-fetched but it would turn the league into an even bigger farce if it happened.

My guess at the logic behind this rule (I'm not saying I agree with it) is if refs had to explain their decisions and their thought processes, some managers might use this information to play the referee and try to manufacture situations where the referees are likely to give favourable decisions.

I imagine it wouldn't take long for a manager to build a profile of each referee and use this information for their own benefit. It sounds far-fetched but it would turn the league into an even bigger farce if it happened.

not sure what type of a "profile" anyone could build up if clattenburg just said in a few words "yeah I thought it had hit his hand, but I was wrong". however that would be a lie. there's no way he thought it hit his hand, he just wanted to give a penalty because he is a cvnt.

If a referee admitted he made a mistake that cost a team points that led to relegation,cost a place in the CL, a place in the next round of the cup or anything that costs money, then you leave the FA open to legal proceedings. 

Sometimes refs make mistakes, this season they've been mainly in our favour. Just accept like men and don't be so whiney.

Referees have been doing it in the A League this season and I think it's brilliant.

Some bad calls are made but am explanation cam often lead to understanding and not calling referees cheats.

Another option I would like to see is Ref Cam, where you place a go pro on their head and we can see every decision from the angle the referee had, this will enable a greater understanding of the decision making process.

If a referee admitted he made a mistake that cost a team points that led to relegation,cost a place in the CL, a place in the next round of the cup or anything that costs money, then you leave the FA open to legal proceedings. 

Sometimes refs make mistakes, this season they've been mainly in our favour. Just accept like men and don't be so whiney.

I agree

Also, what do refs need to explain? We know why ref gave the penalty against Sterling. It wasn't a pen but we see why he gave it because he thought it was a reckless handball. We also know why the Terry goal against Everton stood because the linesman didn't think it was offside. He was obviously wrong but that's what he thought. The ref will just come out and say what we already know. It's quite pointless really.

"Ref why did your linesman not flag Terry offside?"

"Because we thought he wasn't offside at the time"

"But he was."

"Yeah but we didn't think he was at the time"

Pointless interview.

I agree

Also, what do refs need to explain? We know why ref gave the penalty against Sterling. It wasn't a pen but we see why he gave it because he thought it was a reckless handball. We also know why the Terry goal against Everton stood because the linesman didn't think it was offside. He was obviously wrong but that's what he thought. The ref will just come out and say what we already know. It's quite pointless really.

"Ref why did your linesman not flag Terry offside?"

"Because we thought he wasn't offside at the time"

"But he was."

"Yeah but we didn't think he was at the time"

Pointless interview.

Sack them then. If they genuinely think that's handball they shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch ever again.

Archived