Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

it's a rubbish excuse but webbo's kinda right. for example that front three of barca's or ronaldo at real, they're not putting shifts in at home to almeria or getafe. they play walking football for 85 minutes and just have a good time. they've not tracking back, covering massive distances or getting thrown around by west brom. i imagine it probably is a good deal easier to play two games in a week in barcelona against las palmas and real betis than it is to play two games in england vs west brom and us. 

like i said it's a rubbish excuse, and "harder games" aren't exactly the only difference between teams like barcelona and arsenal, there's other ones like barcelona being really good and arsenal being pretty rubbish, but i'd say it was a factor. 

I could get on board with the argument about Barcelona playing in second gear weaker opposition but you say it yourself - this league is full of shit. Why is playing Sunderland or Norwich harder than Las Palmas or Getafe? No-one can definitely prove either way who are the stronger opposition, too many assume that the Spanish ones are weaker "because Barcelona and Real Madrid twat them" (as if they wouldn't twat Sunderland and Norwich) when they don't actually know, it's just an argument to try and make the Premier League sound stronger than it is.

Having watched a fair bit of La Liga, I'd say the quality of football was higher. I'm not claiming the sides in the bottom half of La Liga are brilliant by any stretch, but look at the state of the defending on a weekly basis in this league. It just isn't that bad in La Liga.

Obviously the Spanish league is a load of shit Dan that's why they get 3 teams in the CL QFs every year and another 4 regularly in last 8 of the EL.

Arrogance and ignorance of English fans brainwashed by our media is incredibly irritating.

Obviously the Spanish league is a load of shit Dan that's why they get 3 teams in the CL QFs every year and another 4 regularly in last 8 of the EL.

Arrogance and ignorance of English fans brainwashed by our media is incredibly irritating.

I was looking at the Europa league draw - there's a shit load of Spanish teams in there, odd for a poor league.  

I didn't say sides in la liga were worse, just that it's a different style of play. it's slow. walking football at times, especially against bottom half opposition, barca or madrid go 1-0 up inside 5 minutes and that's that, the next 85 is neymar trying to control cross field passes with his arsehole.

if you go 1-0 up in the premier league you have to go 2 or 3-0 up because teams like west brom or watford will attack and try and turn the game around. more often than not in spain that doesn't happen.

the quality is probably better, I couldn't give a shit, that's not the argument I was making. if I was a striker I'd rather play against a quite good, nice, "quality" little outfit than spend 90 minutes being marked by tony pulis' 6 centre backs.

I was looking at the Europa league draw - there's a shit load of Spanish teams in there, odd for a poor league.

There are 3 English teams in the last 16 of the Europa league and apparently our league is shit.

agreed, most English fans are clueless about la liga.

La liga is the best league in the world for me and I don't think it's that close. Even teams near the bottom of la liga have given barca and real huge problems. Las palmas for example last weekend Barca were seriously on the back foot most of the 2nd half and this is a team who's fighting relegation.

Spain has 4 teams left in the Europa with Sevilla winning it last two years and Villarreal are a quality team as well who will be in champions league next season. If anything the premier league is of poor quality overall. Just because it's more competitive doesn't mean the quality is better than other leagues.

Just because Barca wins most weeks that doesn't mean the league is weak it just means barca are a truly dominant team. Only Bayern can beat them in the champions league imo.

I watch Spanish games very occasionally, but get bored at the slow pace of the matches.

I think their top teams don't have to run themselves into the ground to win a match. (Look at Vardy at Arsenal, totally knackered) They seem fresher when playing in European games and obviously are fit guys who can up the tempo when required.

Look at how many imports struggle early on before they are considered match fit. Just an opinion.

He's currently the best English midfielder and in great form.

He's not though.

He's scored a few goals but I've plenty of him and he's looked awful a lot of the time. His decision making in possession is comparable to Walcott's. Alli has been far better than he has. As has Drinkwater.

Even if he was the best English midfielder, that doesn't put him in the class of the other 3 mentioned. It's an absolute joke to say he's in their class.

He's not though.

He's scored a few goals but I've plenty of him and he's looked awful a lot of the time. His decision making in possession is comparable to Walcott's. Alli has been far better than he has. As has Drinkwater.

Even if he was the best English midfielder, that doesn't put him in the class of the other 3 mentioned. It's an absolute joke to say he's in their class.

He is the best English midfielder at the moment.

Drinkwater and Ali have been solid but Barkley can win games on his own.

If Barkley and Lukaku played for other teams then Everton would he firmly in a relegation scrap IMO. They have been heir only two decent players.

Like you, I don't think he is quite in that Mahrez, Özil and Payet bracket but he's certainly next in line in terms if midfield players.

In the past 10 weeks only Costa Aguero and Kane have scored more fantasy football points than Barkley.

He's getting goals, assists and is playing well to the point that everyone is in agreement that he has to start in the Euros.

If you don't agree well that's your own lookout.

In the past 10 weeks only Costa Aguero and Kane have scored more fantasy football points than Barkley.

He's getting goals, assists and is playing well to the point that everyone is in agreement that he has to start in the Euros.

If you don't agree well that's your own lookout.

I'm not saying there no talent there. He can clearly score goals and has the ability to pick a key pass to set up goals. It's the other side of his game that fantasy football points don't show you. The losing the ball, the holding on to it far too long before releasing it, the running down dead ends because he's too selfish on the ball. All these things cause Everton as many problems as his goal and assists provide good moments. Everytime he picks the ball up in the middle of the park and decides to run into three players rather than play an easy pass or try and play the striker in behind puts pressure on the Everton defence, which if we're honest isn't great.

Barkley clearly has potential, and at times he's showing great talent, but there's still a hell of a lot of work to be done.

Archived