Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Funny how people look at it we have 11 games left, Manchester City 12, if we win on Tuesday we will be 12 points in front of them with 10 games left, We would need to blow it massively for Man City to catch us, they have Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal in those even then they would need to return a. Shed load of points....they won't.......we need seven from next three, (quite achievable) with Spurs facing West Ham (a) then Arsenal, (Both difficult local derbies, with West Ham chasing Europe) we are in the driving seat.......

I still find myself smiling that we are still actually talking abut us possibly winning the title!  This is ridiculous really.

For all the shit Van Gaal gets (and rightly so in my eyes) you've got to hand him the fact he gives youth a proper chance. He does it as well as anyone in the league.

Don't really agree with this. He literally has no choice considering the ridiculous amount of injuries Utd have.

For all the shit Van Gaal gets (and rightly so in my eyes) you've got to hand him the fact he gives youth a proper chance. He does it as well as anyone in the league.

You say that, but Rashford wouldn't have been seen for much had Martial not been injured in the warm up. McNair wasn't favoured to play at CB, despite them having only Blind and Carrick as options there. Lingard came into the team due to lack of options / Van Gaal's signings playing poorly.

It must also be remembered - United were top at the early stage of the season, so you could say had he put his trust in some of the youth team earlier they wouldn't be so far off the pace.

what does that mean?

• he's good at putting young players in the team regardless of their ability?
  • he has decent young players to put in the team?

Spurs had 34 shots! 13 on target - don't think we can begrudge them victory there.

Swansea were really good for like 20 mins. Scored, lloris pulled off a world class save from a really easy chance and there was another close effort too. Then I'm not sure they crossed the half way line for the next 70 mins. The second half was the most one sided I've seen in years.

Could do with West Ham turning up midweek. They can match anyone when they do. Spurs will end arsenals "challenge" next week imo.

what does that mean?

• he's good at putting young players in the team regardless of their ability?
  • he has decent young players to put in the team?

It's a massive gamble to play youth in games like today. You have to credit him for giving the less experienced the opportunity to play rather than play the "safer" players.

I reckon they'll lose on Wednesday then spank Arsenal on Saturday

Arsenal have the best record against the top 4 sides. Wouldn't be surprised to see them turn it on against Spurs (would be good for us), but I don't see West Ham stopping Spurs. If Spurs keep Payet quiet, they've pretty much shut down West Ham as an attacking threat. They look a supremely confident side going forward and defending. With Kane, Eriksen and Alli they have reliable goalscorers and when they've found it tough to break the opposition down, they still find a way through like Trippier the other week.

Swansea were really good for like 20 mins. Scored, lloris pulled off a world class save from a really easy chance and there was another close effort too. Then I'm not sure they crossed the half way line for the next 70 mins. The second half was the most one sided I've seen in years.

Could do with West Ham turning up midweek. They can match anyone when they do. Spurs will end arsenals "challenge" next week imo.

Until Spurs took the lead and decided to ruin my corner bet by throwing away a 7 - 4 lead!

Until Spurs took the lead and decided to ruin my corner bet by throwing away a 7 - 4 lead!

lol without looking at stats it felt like spurs must've won the corners on about a -10 handicap! 

injury time they got a bit jittery tbf was a few crosses and free kicks lumped in but no danger. they looked really good after a shaky start. 

Don't really agree with this. He literally has no choice considering the ridiculous amount of injuries Utd have.

and considering most of the injuries are down to his methods of training.... That's where someone like CR was good as he had previous experiance of the EPL and knows the demands of our game so did not expect us to have as many training sessions as they have in some places like Seria A

I also think it will work against a team like spurs who have intensive training and have a very intense pressing style. Especially during the crucial run-in in march/april

It's a massive gamble to play youth in games like today. You have to credit him for giving the less experienced the opportunity to play rather than play the "safer" players.

not really a massive gamble for a bloke thats been on his last legs for about 2 months reading about the next bloke to replace him.

Archived