Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

I still say the draw was the right result regardless of our win.

Ok we're only 5 points clear, we could have been 6 BUT that bought 2 teams into play, we are 5 points clear but arguably there is only 1 team in play, imo Arsenal and Man City are out of the question, don't get me wrong, i'm not 100% writing them off, they could still get into it but they're on last chance saloon, for that reason keeping it down to as little as possible (aka 1 team challenging) is why the draw and us winning was the best result.

Who is the commentator for our game? Swear he's just compared Mahrez to catching a fish with a teaspoon and I can't work that out at all

Not sure who the commentator was, might have been Simon Brotherton, not sure. Anyway he basically means you think you got the fish in the teaspoon, but it keeps wriggling out. It's a task that seems achievable but everything you think you've done it, it goes wrong.

Guest ttfn

Adrian was about 3 yards off his line when he saved Lukaku's penalty - practically ran at Lukaku during the run up.

It's not a difficult rule to enforce.

so at the moment we have a good chance of winning the league and a very good chance of finishing top 3.

sorry for stating the obvious, i just had to get it down on paper

Not a chance. We havent played anyone good yet!

Guest Col city fan

Shearer mullering Newcastle on MOTD tonight. I wouldn't shout too loud Al...you took the Geordies down yourself.

I wasn't really listening but did shearer just say that mclaren was on the Newcastle board

No, he was saying that he wasn't sure McClaren had much of a say at the club and was just about to go on a rant on how the board was set up.

Shearer mullering Newcastle on MOTD tonight. I wouldn't shout too loud Al...you took the Geordies down yourself.

Come on be fair Just because he was in charge at the time didn't mean he was solely responsible wasn't he about the 4th manager that season

I wasn't really listening but did shearer just say that mclaren was on the Newcastle board

Yes as when he was appointed team manager/ head coach he also negotiated a place on the Board of directors of NUFC supposedly to enable himself to have a bigger say on purchases. The reason why Shearer mentioned it is if he is to be sacked then the board will decide that of which he is a part of , in other words WTF when he has to vote to dismiss himself!!

Tbf, he took over with 8 games left when they couldn't get anyone else in whilst Kinnear was ill. He had never managed before, the club were already struggling when he arrived, and he had no chance to change the playing staff. It's not a fair comparison with an experienced manager who has been there all season, spent £100m (more than anyone else in Europe I think) and had ample opportunity to shape that squad. Shearer has every right to lay into McClaren, he's been shockingly poor.

Yes as when he was appointed team manager/ head coach he also negotiated a place on the Board of directors of NUFC supposedly to enable himself to have a bigger say on purchases. The reason why Shearer mentioned it is if he is to be sacked then the board will decide that of which he is a part of , in other words WTF when he has to vote to dismiss himself!!

Yeah it does seem a bit strange

Tbf, he took over with 8 games left when they couldn't get anyone else in whilst Kinnear was ill. He had never managed before, the club were already struggling when he arrived, and he had no chance to change the playing staff. It's not a fair comparison with an experienced manager who has been there all season, spent £100m (more than anyone else in Europe I think) and had ample opportunity to shape that squad. Shearer has every right to lay into McClaren, he's been shockingly poor.

glad someone else mentioned this. especially the fact that he barely had time to make his mark. 8 games is a virtually no time in football to make an impression on a club as a new manager let alone trying to save that club from relegation.

Spurs fan here, and I just wanted to sign up to the forum to express just how fantastic you guys have been this season. Absolutely incredible. 

I myself have been guilty, like nearly all of us, of saying the wheels will come off, but what a super side Leicester have become.

Quite truthfully I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out of me after this past week, with 2 of our rivals really pegging us back, and I certainly feel we have a mountain to climb in order to stop Leicester from being crowned champions. No offence, but I'm sure you'll all agree just how ridiculous that sounds! (About as equally as ridiculous as Spurs becoming champions). 

Goes without saying that if Spurs can't themselves become champions, I sincerely hope you guys do. I will always look back on the season (if it pans out this way) and think to myself that we really blew a golden opportunity, but I wouldn't want to do Leicester City any disservice by saying such a thing. 

Football is mental. It has us absolutely spitting feathers most of the times, hating one another's sides, but when you step back and just appreciate for a moment what is going on, I think we can all agree that it has been quite the story. I'm not giving up totally on the title, we'd be stupid to do so with 9 games to go, but I just want to say good luck and may the best side win. (Right now I just want to make sure we don't blow the top 4!)

Spurs fan here, and I just wanted to sign up to the forum to express just how fantastic you guys have been this season. Absolutely incredible. 

I myself have been guilty, like nearly all of us, of saying the wheels will come off, but what a super side Leicester have become.

Quite truthfully I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out of me after this past week, with 2 of our rivals really pegging us back, and I certainly feel we have a mountain to climb in order to stop Leicester from being crowned champions. No offence, but I'm sure you'll all agree just how ridiculous that sounds! (About as equally as ridiculous as Spurs becoming champions). 

Goes without saying that if Spurs can't themselves become champions, I sincerely hope you guys do. I will always look back on the season (if it pans out this way) and think to myself that we really blew a golden opportunity, but I wouldn't want to do Leicester City any disservice by saying such a thing. 

Football is mental. It has us absolutely spitting feathers most of the times, hating one another's sides, but when you step back and just appreciate for a moment what is going on, I think we can all agree that it has been quite the story. I'm not giving up totally on the title, we'd be stupid to do so with 9 games to go, but I just want to say good luck and may the best side win. (Right now I just want to make sure we don't blow the top 4!)

Great post. If it isn't us, breaking the big four lockout would still be a great thing.

Spurs are my biggest worry, which says everything about how you have played this season.

May the best side win.

Archived