Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Cheers Spurs fan. I'll allow you to finish second but don't get above your station!

Just catching up on MOTD. Hopefully McLaren is still in charge a week Monday because this Newcastle side are so so poor. Don't get back in numbers, allow runners through, stand off oppo players. Bournemouth had an easy game there although fair play to them still.

Go on West Ham @@Hammered get that fourth spot. Hopefully man city pull it together and you can take arsenals place :hahaLOL:

Guest Col city fan

Tbf, he took over with 8 games left when they couldn't get anyone else in whilst Kinnear was ill. He had never managed before, the club were already struggling when he arrived, and he had no chance to change the playing staff. It's not a fair comparison with an experienced manager who has been there all season, spent £100m (more than anyone else in Europe I think) and had ample opportunity to shape that squad. Shearer has every right to lay into McClaren, he's been shockingly poor.

I'm not making any sort of comparison. I know Shteeeeeeve has been rubbish, I've been saying so for months!

However, when Shearer took over as manager, there were still more than enough points left to play for and a squad containing some players good enough to stay up. Or so it would seem. And Shearer never managed to avoid relegation either. The club is a joke.

I'm not making any sort of comparison. I know Shteeeeeeve has been rubbish, I've been saying so for months!

However, when Shearer took over as manager, there were still more than enough points left to play for and a squad containing some players good enough to stay up. Or so it would seem. And Shearer never managed to avoid relegation either. The club is a joke.

I know you're not comparing, I just don't think it's fair to say Shearer can't complain about McClaren because he took the club down. It's too totally different situations. Those eight games are Sheaers total managerial career, there's probably a reason he's never tried again in those 7 years since, he's probably realised it wasn't for him, but back then he may have felt he had to try and keep them up. I think as an ex player, as a fan and in his role as a pundit he well within his rights to lay into McClaren.

Guest Col city fan

I know you're not comparing, I just don't think it's fair to say Shearer can't complain about McClaren because he took the club down. It's too totally different situations. Those eight games are Sheaers total managerial career, there's probably a reason he's never tried again in those 7 years since, he's probably realised it wasn't for him, but back then he may have felt he had to try and keep them up. I think as an ex player, as a fan and in his role as a pundit he well within his rights to lay into McClaren.

Yes..good post that. I agree. Fair play.

don't think that was from yesterday!

Ah right, I seen it earlier, think it was on Facebook just assumed it was yesterday but looking at it again after your comment, it is dated 23rd September so you're right, how come it's took me so long to see that!! lol

Shock news !     Spuds fans want us to win the league if they don't so that the Gooners don't win it !       I wonder if Manure fans might want us to win if they can't so that another team in light blue doesn't win it ?     Be nice if a florist fan came on and wished us well  ......         nah, aint gonna happen ! 

Martinez again moaning about a referee without justification. It's time the FA pulled him up on this.

Agreed. especially considering they shouldn't have had a penalty cos the foul on Besic was outside the box.

The only bad thing against Everton I can think of is Adrian virtually being outside his own penalty area for that penalty.

Did you notice that of all the talking points about the Spuds/Arsenhole game nobody talked about the "nearly goal" ? ....    thats because the little camera thing showed that the ball still had to travel one more inch to have gone over the line, so, quite rightly, 'No goal !' ....    (I may have mentioned it before, but) it would be nice for the ref to have a little bit more help from an eye in the sky ...   just to help with a few shirt pulls, diving and cheating when and if required  ....       

Did you notice that of all the talking points about the Spuds/Arsenhole game nobody talked about the "nearly goal" ? .... thats because the little camera thing showed that the ball still had to travel one more inch to have gone over the line, so, quite rightly, 'No goal !' .... (I may have mentioned it before, but) it would be nice for the ref to have a little bit more help from an eye in the sky ... just to help with a few shirt pulls, diving and cheating when and if required ....

Exactly GLT as truly worked wonders, it is certainly a victory for technology in the game...

Spurs fan here, and I just wanted to sign up to the forum to express just how fantastic you guys have been this season. Absolutely incredible.

I myself have been guilty, like nearly all of us, of saying the wheels will come off, but what a super side Leicester have become.

Quite truthfully I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out of me after this past week, with 2 of our rivals really pegging us back, and I certainly feel we have a mountain to climb in order to stop Leicester from being crowned champions. No offence, but I'm sure you'll all agree just how ridiculous that sounds! (About as equally as ridiculous as Spurs becoming champions).

Goes without saying that if Spurs can't themselves become champions, I sincerely hope you guys do. I will always look back on the season (if it pans out this way) and think to myself that we really blew a golden opportunity, but I wouldn't want to do Leicester City any disservice by saying such a thing.

Football is mental. It has us absolutely spitting feathers most of the times, hating one another's sides, but when you step back and just appreciate for a moment what is going on, I think we can all agree that it has been quite the story. I'm not giving up totally on the title, we'd be stupid to do so with 9 games to go, but I just want to say good luck and may the best side win. (Right now I just want to make sure we don't blow the top 4!)

Thanks mate. Like you said, we all have fans who can be deluded and arrogant, but when you stand back, you can appreciate the bigger picture. I like alot of Foxes fans I know, am not taking anything for granted. I think the win at your place was pivotal and we have a manager and team that are so close and grounded. Fair play to you and lets hope the best team win it.. Obviously hope that's us!

I always rated Martinez but i'm questioning him now, can't believe how bad they are and how bad they're struggling.

They should be doing better than they are and think Martinez has been holding them back for atleast 2 years.

Sure I read earlier in the season on here when we played them that some Everton fans aren't keen on him and wouldn't be sad to see him go.

they're blaming him for yesterday's loss as per. they were 2-0 up with ten men with 15 minutes to go and he went from 4-4-1 to 4-3-2 to go even more attacking?! lunacy that. he had barry on the bench who could've come on stood on the D and passed it sideways and pissed everyone off for 15 minutes and they win 2-0.

i don't think their team and players are this league winning brazil 1970 bunch everyone goes on about but they should be better than mid table.

Did you notice that of all the talking points about the Spuds/Arsenhole game nobody talked about the "nearly goal" ? ....    thats because the little camera thing showed that the ball still had to travel one more inch to have gone over the line, so, quite rightly, 'No goal !' ....    (I may have mentioned it before, but) it would be nice for the ref to have a little bit more help from an eye in the sky ...   just to help with a few shirt pulls, diving and cheating when and if required  ....       

Most painful conversation i had with a mate of a mate yesterday after the GLT showed the ball being about 3mm from being in...

Him: 'that's got to count'

Me: 'yeah so close, but it has to be the whole ball over the line'

Him: 'they have to do away with that rule'

Unbelievable!! 

Most painful conversation i had with a mate of a mate yesterday after the GLT showed the ball being about 3mm from being in...

Him: 'that's got to count'

Me: 'yeah so close, but it has to be the whole ball over the line'

Him: 'they have to do away with that rule'

Unbelievable!! 

What was it Delboy used to call Rodney ???   

Guest Col city fan

Martinez isn't a bad manager. He's just not a very good one either. He's always been made out to be much better than he actually is.

And he's up there with Wenger for excuse making if his team loses.

Martinez only knows how to play one way, his organisation of his defence in particular has been shit all season.

Everton need to get rid, they were consistent under Moyes, right now they are going backwards.

Did you notice that of all the talking points about the Spuds/Arsenhole game nobody talked about the "nearly goal" ? .... thats because the little camera thing showed that the ball still had to travel one more inch to have gone over the line, so, quite rightly, 'No goal !' .... (I may have mentioned it before, but) it would be nice for the ref to have a little bit more help from an eye in the sky ... just to help with a few shirt pulls, diving and cheating when and if required ....

I really wanted them to ask the ref if he would have given it, because he was looking at his watch as though expecting a ping.

The problem with using any other technology, except for the ball going out of play, or offside, is that the wording of the rules are so wishy washy and open to interpretation by the ref that it is impossible to find a consensus on most decisions.

You basically have 2 options, allow the teams to refer a decision, but the TV ref would almost always back the on field ref, this can only work in cases where the ref awards a handball and the player knows it didn't hit his hand, think of Morgan vs Liverpool last year, or where a player has dived and the ref gives a foul.

The other option is the on field ref going to the to ref when he doesn't see it and deferring decision making, like in Rugby.

The other option is the on field ref going to the to ref when he doesn't see it and deferring decision making, like in Rugby.

That would do for me Cap'n.        "No one touched him and he blatantly dived ...   send the fooker off !"     :)

Archived