Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Not another fookin red card!

These rules have gotta change. There are so many games being ruined as a spectacle by the rules. I don't blame the ref's. It's the law that's an ass.

Really?

If it's two yellows, then it's two yellows and they're off. Simple as that.

Mata was stupid, Coquelin was stupid, Milner was stupid. They know the rules. Refs won't just not give a second yellow just because "it might swing the game" lol.

These rules have gotta change. There are so many games being ruined as a spectacle by the rules. I don't blame the ref's. It's the law that's an ass.

In so many cases the punishment doesn't  fit the crimes and so often changes the game.

For example no point giving cars for time wasting just add a minute on but make a specific point of doing so if it becomes detrimental to the opposing team you could even give them the option of whether to take it or not and while we're  at it set up a proper visible time keeping clock none of this mystery of where the time has come from.

Stupidity of the players though surely. Mata, like Coquelin yesterday, got a stupid yellow for doing something that should be punished, (deliberate hand ball yesterday, preventing a dead ball being taken today). They've both followed that up by making needless challenges when they shouldn't be giving the referee that chance to bring out the other card. I don't think you can change the rule so handballs and blocking dead balls aren't bookings, we'd have chaos, and we certainly can't change them so scything tackles aren't bookable either.

Not sure if this already been mentioned but Eric Dier is on 9 yellows. 1 away from a 2 match ban. Has a good handful of games before cut-off date too. Would be a big loss for them. Played in just about every game. Every little helps! :thumbup:

He needs to pick up his next booking by 2nd April. Rules are if you get 10 bookings by 2nd April you get a two match ban, if he is still on 9 by then, then the next milestone is 15 bookings by the end of the season.

Really?

Mata was stupid, Coquelin was stupid, Milner was stupid. They know the rules. Refs won't just not give a second yellow just because "it might swing the game" lol.

So many of them are subjective and/ or inconsistently given Coquelin may have been stupid but so was Dier, when there's so much inconsistency it's  unfair to make the punishment  so severe.

He needs to pick up his next booking by 2nd April. Rules are if you get 10 bookings by 2nd April you get a two match ban, if he is still on 9 by then, then the next milestone is 15 bookings by the end of the season.

Thought it was the 2nd weekend in April but I could have read it wrong. Think I worked out was a good 4-5 games though and he is dirty so should pick one up in that time hopefully.

Huth is our only minor worry but on 7 so would take a lot to get 3 yellows in 4-5 games 

It's the second Sunday in April so the 10th of April will be cut off date for 10 yellow ban

So many of them are subjective and/ or inconsistently given Coquelin may have been stupid but so was Dier, when there's so much inconsistency it's  unfair to make the punishment  so severe.

The fact the ref made a cock up in not sending Dier off doesn't make Coquelin's any less of a red. Dier is just lucky his stupidity didn't cost him and his team. But we can't go changing the rules, we just need better refs and less stupid players.

The fact the ref made a cock up in not sending Dier off doesn't make Coquelin's any less of a red. Dier is just lucky his stupidity didn't cost him and his team. But we can't go changing the rules, we just need better refs and less stupid players.

You'll  never get better ref's and even if you did you'd  still have inconsistencies as the rules are so airy fairy.

But I'll  not argue the point any further as there is an obvious difference of opinion which neither of us is going to change

You'll  never get better ref's and even if you did you'd  still have inconsistencies as the rules are so airy fairy.

But I'll  not argue the point any further as there is an obvious difference of opinion which neither of us is going to change

Not looking to argue, and I know you said you won't say any more, but the rules aren't that airy fairy. There's certain areas that are very subjective, but things like shirt pulling, deliberate handball etc are mandatory yellow cards, so the ref should have booked Dier yesterday. It was poor referring, simple as that.

Guest Col city fan

Really?

yes, I said its the rules that need changing. When playing in front of massive crowds in massively important games, players do do silly things. They are human and instinctive. For Mata to get sent off today was 'in the laws of the game'. It's the laws that are too strict AND not applied consistently. The outcome is it can ruin games for the neutral.

I think the LVG revival was hugely overstated...Shrewsbury, FC Midtjyland (Equivalent of Rotherham), Yes Arsenal was a great result, and we thank him for that, but Watford battered them and they were lucky to win.

Looking good for the team (West Ham) historically supported by my forebears until I came along and saw the light.

However, if we win the league and West Ham get fourth place, at least my relations could live with my constant smug mode.

Archived