Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Video technology will not clear up subjective calls. One will agree, one will disagree. It could stop penalties with no contact but contact and handball decisions are opinion and not fact.

The only factual decisions are ball out of play/ over the line and offsides.

Video technology will not clear up subjective calls. One will agree, one will disagree. It could stop penalties with no contact but contact and handball decisions are opinion and not fact.

The only factual decisions are ball out of play/ over the line and offsides.

Even offsides are no longer factual with the interfering with play there also seems to be a variation in how long it was before your last offside position is deemed significant/recent enough  to class  you as offside.

Stonewall penalty for me. We'd be screaming for it if it was Vardy.

Don't think a video replay would even help much here, if it polarises opinion this much its still just going to be a judgement call.

It's not stonewall. Klopp argues he'd be in a good position to shoot (yeah, right) or pass (Benteke looked up, no-one was there).

It's so obbious he dives at the slightest touch because he knows he was out of space and options. Ironically the linesman should have had the best view of the dive, yet he gives it.

The Mahrez vs Arsenal is a stonewaller compared to this one, but that was quickly dismissed by officials, fans and pundits alike.

This is one of the down falls of video technology, different officials could have different opinions as the rules are so vague it would be even harder and perhaps cause more controversy.

There is too much reliance on the officials' opinions about how play would have developed without the infringement - was it a goalscoring opportunity, was handball intentional, was it right to play the advantage etc. Video evidence might help in some instances, particularly questions of fact, but while decisions are based on opinion, feeling or guesswork there will always be controversy.

This is one of the down falls of video technology, different officials could have different opinions as the rules are so vague it would be even harder and perhaps cause more controversy.

we should have video technology and then anyone who watches the benteke incident back and still thinks it's a penalty should be rounded up and shot in the head, one by one

What riles me is the ref has chucked his assistant under the bus on this one and given the penalty on his decision.

You're the ref and have a better view of it than the linesman so stick to your guns and don't give it. Instead he sees his mate flagging and gives it knowing full well he's now got a get out of jail free card.

we should have video technology and then anyone who watches the benteke incident back and still thinks it's a penalty should be rounded up and shot in the head, one by one

the greater good

For those who havent seen it yet:

In real time its difficult to say for sure, second replay is the best angle.

All I say is that if Fuchs or Simpson did that, I'd blame them rather than the referee as the defender is nowhere near the ball.

but he knows he nowhere near the ball. he doesn't even try and tackle him. who tackles people with their leading knee ffs.

he thought shit ive gotta get a tackle in here it's the last min so charged over, began to commit to the tackle and almost immediately thought oh crikey he's got there quicker than me, I'd foul him if I actually tackled him now so pulls out and just slides behind him.

then he dived.

I don't think it was a penalty and I don't think he dived I reckon he went over because he tried to turn to sharply 

he's dived on the wrong foot, too. it's just ridiculous. if he was trying to plant his left foot (the one that got "clipped") then you could, if you were mental, claim he was fouled. his left foot gets brushed and he then fails to plant his right foot on the floor? why? cos he dived. 

he's dived on the wrong foot, too. it's just ridiculous. if he was trying to plant his left foot (the one that got "clipped") then you could, if you were mental, claim he was fouled. his left foot gets brushed and he then fails to plant his right foot on the floor? why? cos he dived. 

Anyone mental enough to claim it was a dive definitely didn't have money riding on Liverpool and btts.

I don't think its a penalty, 'fouls' are not as black and white as people make out. Contact doesn't mean it should be given and I also think you can be fouled without any contact.

Benteke is guilty of exaggerating contact, is that the same as diving? I personally will probably give him the benefit of the doubt, he probably expected greater contact when Delaney came flying in. I think he was surprised to get the penalty.

What riles me is the ref has chucked his assistant under the bus on this one and given the penalty on his decision.

You're the ref and have a better view of it than the linesman so stick to your guns and don't give it. Instead he sees his mate flagging and gives it knowing full well he's now got a get out of jail free card.

You objectively couldn't be more wrong.

They're a team, it's not his job to make the call, it's his job to make sure the right decision is made and if his linesman sees something that he hasn't then fair play to him for trusting and awarding the decision.

Guest ttfn

First time I've seen it. Penalty for me. I think he's very unlucky but he's caught him in the box without getting near the ball. I'm struggling to see how it's not a penalty.

I can't understand why anybody's getting their knickers in a twist over it either way. It's a tough call.

Reminds me a bit of the Mahrez one at Arsenal which a lot on here were adamant was a pen.

First time I've seen it. Penalty for me. I think he's very unlucky but he's caught him in the box without getting near the ball. I'm struggling to see how it's not a penalty.

Same here, listened to all the talk about it for 2 days saying disgraceful dive. Looks like a stone wall to me..

he slides in and takes is foot out which trips him up. 

If that had been Vardy i would be fuming if it wasn't given.

Archived