Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fallout 4

• 5 weeks later...

Level 22.

Lovely game - although some have spoilt the ending for me to some extent with it being a disappointment and whatnot, I will keep playing for as long as I can. It's just such an enormeous and rewarding game, it took me some time to get into the game mechanics and the settlement building side quests, but Fallout 4 sucks you right in and then you can play for hours straight (just another side mission, and another one, ...).

There's only a few negative aspects - one is my one fault: At times, I get so caught up in the game that I forget to save my progress, then I run into a horde of ghouls during a side quest (with a Glowing One) and I'm done. lol

There's a couple of glitches with the collision model, companions tend to be in the way during battles, and the frame rate occasionally stutters on my XBOX One when I roam the outside world, but those instances are very rare.

I'm also a very big hoarder in this game, so sometimes it takes me minutes to shuffle all items around that I have picked up in the process.

Absolutely in love with the V.A.T.S. - so cinematic. Recently added the fantastic Mysterious Stranger perk, so I have up to three characters in battle.

• 5 years later...
On 28/12/2023 at 16:29, Daggers said:

If you haven’t seen it in the PC thread, you absolutely have to check these guys out and watch the release video. It’s like a whole game and a DLC all in one - it’s insane. 

https://fallout4london.com

IMG_4502.jpeg.282e725a7f982931ee8867b46ee4d4c8.jpeg

I've often said that Bethesda should do a European one. Paris would be great (imagine what you could do with the Eiffel Tower!) Or Rome with the Colosseum and the Vatican (a re-emergence of the Holy Roman Empire?) You could even possibly do Berlin and give it a tongue in cheek Nazi twist... I'm sure that would upset plenty.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Does anyone know if you can access the next gen update through GamePass on X-Box. Or do you need to own the game?

I re-downloaded on GamePass the other day and it's the updated version.

41 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Noice. Does it run well enough? Graphics hold up?

I only gave it a quick half hour blast, but the graphics certainly look a bit cleaner and everything held together fine from what I saw.

I've seen a few posts online where textures haven't loaded, but I also imagine a lot of people will be running previous modded saves that will have been messed up by the version upgrade.

I guess we're still playing a Bethesda release at the end of the day!

Edited by samlcfc

There’s a good mod similar to the Skyrim mod that lets you adjust your starting location, and thereby bypass the intro. The intro is generally what stops me replaying the game, the time it takes from character creation to getting past the first meeting with the Minutemen is just way too long.

Finally finished the Fallout 4 main story!

Sided with the Minutemen and the Brotherhood, killed off both the Railroad and the Institute - popped my son in the face with a silenced pistol as well

Thought the main story was a bit rubbish overall, thankfully I get distracted by side quests easily otherwise it seems like it could've been a very short playthrough

Now to have a go at the Far Harbour and Nuka World DLCs

• Like 1

On 03/05/2024 at 10:51, moore_94 said:

Accidentally left a fusion core in my power armor which I left at a settlement

Came back to the settlement to a raider running around in it blasting my settlers ffs lol

i know i shouldnt have but ive used the resources glitch, that bugger helps so much

no raiding my settlements now, since most have like 7  heavy laser turrets lol

Just started a new play through. Decided to heavily invest in charisma. Always end up doing the usual so I'm trying something completely different. Didnt even know I could use pacify in this game lol

I also never bother with the settlements side of things so I may have to finally get started on it. 

On 12/05/2024 at 22:13, FrankieADZ said:

i know i shouldnt have but ive used the resources glitch, that bugger helps so much

I didn't know this was a thing..... and I have absolutely not been using it to make things a lot easier.

On 12/05/2024 at 22:13, FrankieADZ said:

I didn’t use the glitch but just built an absolute ton of the biggest water purifiers so I end up with loads of purified water to sell for ammo and stuff - use some charisma stat boosting stuff like Grape Mentats before buying/selling and get loads of caps

I just gave up defending most of my settlements, pretty much only care about Sanctuary which has turrets everywhere and all the settlers fully geared up anyway (and all my Power Armor locked away with no fusion cores left in them!)

56 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

I didn't know this was a thing..... and I have absolutely not been using it to make things a lot easier.

ahaha so much easier

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I didn’t use the glitch but just built an absolute ton of the biggest water purifiers so I end up with loads of purified water to sell for ammo and stuff - use some charisma stat boosting stuff like Grape Mentats before buying/selling and get loads of caps

I just gave up defending most of my settlements, pretty much only care about Sanctuary which has turrets everywhere and all the settlers fully geared up anyway (and all my Power Armor locked away with no fusion cores left in them!)

i tried that method but whenever you go sell stuff you find the vendors have only like 300/400 caps, and theres me with over 300 PW etc to sell, then found myself fast travelling around vendors

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

ahaha so much easier

i tried that method but whenever you go sell stuff you find the vendors have only like 300/400 caps, and theres me with over 300 PW etc to sell, then found myself fast travelling around vendors

Tbf I only usually sold PW when I was buying stuff (rather than sell to just get more caps) so I would sell the amount of PW I needed to cover what I was buying, which was usually a lot of .45 ammo as I pretty much only use the Spray n Pray gun

• Like 1