Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

E3 2015

Well Bethesda starting with a bang last night, showing footage from the new Doom game, along with gameplay of Fallout 4 and the new Dishonored game.

Just in case anybody is looking for times for the other conferences I'll list them here

Bethesda - 15th June - 3am BST

Microsoft - 15th June - 5:30pm BST

EA - 15th June - 9pm BST

Ubisoft - 15th June - 11pm BST

Sony - 16th June - 2am BST

Nintendo - 16th June - 5pm BST

Square Enix - 16th June - 6pm BST

PC Gaming - 17th June - 1am BST

The presentation of the Hololens was pretty impressive, but I remember how well the original Kinect worked on stage at E3, needless to say it wasn't exactly the same when it 'worked' out the box and that's a technology that is relatively simple compared to what they showed today. I'll hold fire on being at all impressed with that until we see a lot more of it working in different environments.

Thought the new Guerilla IP looked really good, Last Guardian could be special, Uncharted live demo was pretty special as well, No Mans Sky - the sheer scale of it, still a little concerned about what you'll actually do in that game though.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on a FFVII remake actually materialising any time in the next 3 years.

Thought the new Guerilla IP looked really good, Last Guardian could be special, Uncharted live demo was pretty special as well, No Mans Sky - the sheer scale of it, still a little concerned about what you'll actually do in that game though.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on a FFVII remake actually materialising any time in the next 3 years.

No mans sky is similar to Elite or Frontier if you've ever played them? Apparently the aim of the game is to get to the centre of the universe, then 'something' happens. You also have your own planet you are designated at the start of the game, that you can build on. That is pretty much all we know though.

Like I posted in the FFVII remake thread, I think it'll get a release January 2017 to coincide with the 20th anniversary, or they'll release it just before Christmas with a bundle

It's nearly met it's 2 million pledge goal in 6 hours

its now surpassed it.

Did ps4 mention backwards compatibility on their consoles this year like xbox did at all? as their conference was at stupid o clock in the morning and i dont own a Playstation and havent since the first one i couldn't justify the late night. 

its now surpassed it.

Did ps4 mention backwards compatibility on their consoles this year like xbox did at all? as their conference was at stupid o clock in the morning and i dont own a Playstation and havent since the first one i couldn't justify the late night. 

Don't think the PS4 will ever get backwards compatibility other than PSNow tbh. The processor in the PS3 is just too complicated to emulate.

You do have to take the XBox 'backwards compatibility' with a pinch of salt though. It's only select titles that work, and it doesn't actually play them off the disc, it has to download a specially coded version off the XBox store to play it, so your not just going to put any old 360 game into the system and it'll work. Currently there's only about 15 games that are supported. They are promising about 100 when it launches at the end of the year, but I'm half expected most of them to be XBox Live Arcade titles, not full triple A releases. Apparently developers can opt in to have their games added to the library, but I can't honestly see a lot of developers being very pleased about people just buying cheap second hand games and playing them on the XBox one, mainly because they don't see any money from it whatsoever.

The BC on the XBox one is a great concept, but look at what happened with the 360 playing original XBox games, they ended up pretty much abandoning the idea shortly after the console released.

This is the list of games it currently works with :-

- A Kingdom of Keflings

- A World of Keflings

- Alien Hominid HD

- Banjo Kazooie

- Banjo Tooie

- BattleBlock Theater

- Defense Grid

- Geometry Wars Evolved

- Hexic HD

- Jetpac Refuelled

- Kameo

- Mass Effect

- N+

- Perfect Dark

- Perfect Dark Zero

- Super Meat Boy*

- Toy Soldiers: Cold War

- Toy Soldiers

- Viva Piñata

- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

- Zuma

As you can see there's only actually 2-3 non XBox Live Arcade titles on the list

Things like Halo, Call of Duty and Gears I can't see ever being included

They also have this on the FAQ for it :-

"Q: Can I buy these games from the Xbox One store?

A: If you want to purchase these games, you can buy them digitally from the store on your Xbox 360 console, on xbox.com (search for titles in Xbox 360 games) or from your local retailer."

This leads me to believe the only games that are ever going to be available are ones that you can download off the 360 store, may be wrong but it's definitely worded to suggest that.

Just watched back the Xbone timed exclusive Tomb Raider demo. Looks great.

This is a great move by Microsoft imo. There's so much content coming out over the coming months, waiting for a definitive edition is a good thing, there's no time to get through all these titles coming our way.

Witcher 3, still not bought, Metal Gear V, Fallout 4, AC, Uncharted 1 to 3 remastered..., postponing the title is a good thing.

Thanks Microsoft.

Don't think the PS4 will ever get backwards compatibility other than PSNow tbh. The processor in the PS3 is just too complicated to emulate.

You do have to take the XBox 'backwards compatibility' with a pinch of salt though. It's only select titles that work, and it doesn't actually play them off the disc, it has to download a specially coded version off the XBox store to play it, so your not just going to put any old 360 game into the system and it'll work. Currently there's only about 15 games that are supported. They are promising about 100 when it launches at the end of the year, but I'm half expected most of them to be XBox Live Arcade titles, not full triple A releases. Apparently developers can opt in to have their games added to the library, but I can't honestly see a lot of developers being very pleased about people just buying cheap second hand games and playing them on the XBox one, mainly because they don't see any money from it whatsoever.

The BC on the XBox one is a great concept, but look at what happened with the 360 playing original XBox games, they ended up pretty much abandoning the idea shortly after the console released.

This is the list of games it currently works with :-

- A Kingdom of Keflings

- A World of Keflings

- Alien Hominid HD

- Banjo Kazooie

- Banjo Tooie

- BattleBlock Theater

- Defense Grid

- Geometry Wars Evolved

- Hexic HD

- Jetpac Refuelled

- Kameo

- Mass Effect

- N+

- Perfect Dark

- Perfect Dark Zero

- Super Meat Boy*

- Toy Soldiers: Cold War

- Toy Soldiers

- Viva Piñata

- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

- Zuma

As you can see there's only actually 2-3 non XBox Live Arcade titles on the list

Things like Halo, Call of Duty and Gears I can't see ever being included

They also have this on the FAQ for it :-

"Q: Can I buy these games from the Xbox One store?

A: If you want to purchase these games, you can buy them digitally from the store on your Xbox 360 console, on xbox.com (search for titles in Xbox 360 games) or from your local retailer."

This leads me to believe the only games that are ever going to be available are ones that you can download off the 360 store, may be wrong but it's definitely worded to suggest that.

thats a brilliant scam i must admit! 

FF7, Shenmue 3 and Doom. The hype is real

Never plays a FF/Shenmue game but Doom is colossal for me. Dad used to play it when I was a kid and I was sh!t scared of it lol got the DOOM 3 BFG edition for PS3 a couple years ago and that was so impressive that when I heard that the new DOOM was in (extremely long) production I was so pumped that I switched to PC to get the best experience for when it came out. Don't really play many games other than the occasional FIFA or Total War session, but this is top of my list now.

Any Resident Evil 7 news? Rumours are it's going back to it's roots, which I pray to god it is as that series has seriously lost it's way

Archived