Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Xbox 360 games coming to Xbox one

Looks a very nice feature. I still haven't jumped on a XBONE or PS4 but own both the 360 and PS3. I have loads more games on 360 but was going to go PS4 next ,this may have just swayed me to go XBone.

I dunno. I maybe used to backwards compatibility on my 360 like 10 times?

Yeah backwards compatibility always seems like a nice feature, but when you get used to a snazzy new console and go back to the previous generation's games they usually don't hold up well at all. There are exceptions but generally I'm put off by the muddiness that you don't notice till you play newer games

Having said that, I probably played GTA San Andreas (Xbox Original) on my 360 more than I did any other game. If full 360 compatibility came to Xbox One I'd definitely play through LA Noire again and GTA V but that's about it

Hmm could be but surely the internals will be about the same? The Xbox 360 could play pretty much all original Xbox games because it included the original Xbox's chipset alongside its own (IIRC) - think it added quite a bit to development and production costs which is why they were put off from adding backwards compatibility to the Xbox One. My guess is that the Xbox one will use emulation, which is why it is currently a short list of compatible games with more to come. If that's the case, I'd have thought all Xbox One models will feature the same compatibility

Edit: beaten to it

Archived