Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

Heard strong rumours that the owners have already approached Thai football legend, Kiatisuk Senamuang, as he's done a good job with the national side and he's much more likely to boost the profile of the side in the Far East, Thailand particularly. He's a strict Bhuddist too, and the owners want to introduce a greater focus on morals and religion at the club. Make of that what you will.

...Could happen though, couldn't it...?

lol

People need to realise that bookies odds don't necessarily reflect accurate predictions on who the Thais want to talk to. Anyone that genuinely believes that we are interested in Cotterill, needs their head checking and I'm surprised they know how to even use a keyboard.

Other than of course the day Pearson was sacked the odds on him being sacked went down remarkably...

lol

Other than of course the day Pearson was sacked the odds on him being sacked went down remarkably...

At the very last moment after something was leaked, and which is why I said 'don't necessarily'. If the favourite for a job or race won it every time, I'd be freaking rich! You know it doesn't work like that, or should we stop betting now, because Cotterill is favourite so that means he's got the job? In fact, cancel all the horse racing this afternoon, because there are already favourites, so that means they'll win. As the rest of my post says though, there is no chance in hell of Cotterill being appointed.

At the very last moment after something was leaked, and which is why I said 'don't necessarily'. If the favourite for a job or race won it every time, I'd be freaking rich! You know it doesn't work like that, or should we stop betting now, because Cotterill is favourite so that means he's got the job? In fact, cancel all the horse racing this afternoon, because there are already favourites, so that means they'll win. As the rest of my post says though, there is no chance in hell of Cotterill being appointed.

please don't tempt fate

Without wanting to sound naive, how are odds worked out? Is it just a market-based system where odds shorten based on bets placed, or can bookies deliberately slash odds on a whim, to try and stimulate more bets?

A few months back, I saw Alan Pardew in my local greasy spoon cafe. This cafe is opposite Ann Summers HQ, owned by the Gold family.

Put 2+2 together and deduced that Pardew must be in the running for the West Ham job (both Allardyce and Pardew were getting loads of stick at the time).

Stuck £25 on at 25/1 for Pardew to be next West Ham manager, the max bet allowed. The odds immediately moved to 8/1, so a pretty massive shift.

As the story transpired, Pardew is actually from the same town where the cafe is.

A few months back, I saw Alan Pardew in my local greasy spoon cafe. This cafe is opposite Ann Summers HQ, owned by the Gold family.

Put 2+2 together and deduced that Pardew must be in the running for the West Ham job (both Allardyce and Pardew were getting loads of stick at the time).

Stuck £25 on at 25/1 for Pardew to be next West Ham manager, the max bet allowed. The odds immediately moved to 8/1, so a pretty massive shift.

As the story transpired, Pardew is actually from the same town where the cafe is.

Clear as day, ta.

I think it will be Lennon but I hope not. I know we all take the piss out of Dyche etc but considering the potential alternatives I'd take him instantly. I bet Paul Clement and Mark Warburton are wishing they'd have held fire a little longer.

a bet of £25 on a manager market is huge talking as a previous bookie. If say 10 of us were to stick a quid on kevin phillips at 25/1 then the price would change.  the trend would scare the bookies and they would slash the price. 

Infact anyone who wants to try this PM me and we will try it. i will stick a tenner down for science. 

Without wanting to sound naive, how are odds worked out? Is it just a market-based system where odds shorten based on bets placed, or can bookies deliberately slash odds on a whim, to try and stimulate more bets?

Combination of both - more bets going on shortens the odds but bookies can slash odds massively as a precaution, in case that person knows something. Next manager odds, particularly with a change as out of the blue as this, are all over the place and absurdly volatile.

Guest bennytwohats

Heard strong rumours that the owners have already approached Thai football legend, Kiatisuk Senamuang, as he's done a good job with the national side and he's much more likely to boost the profile of the side in the Far East, Thailand particularly. He's a strict Bhuddist too, and the owners want to introduce a greater focus on morals and religion at the club. Make of that what you will.

...Could happen though, couldn't it...?

Again, what a load of xenophobic nonsense.

Really disappointing to see so many fans come out with this kind of shit tbh.

Not being okay with filming a group being racist is hardly morals that are specific to Thai people.

Again, what a load of xenophobic nonsense.

Really disappointing to see so many fans come out with this kind of shit tbh.

Not being okay with filming a group being racist is hardly morals that are specific to Thai people.

What the hell are you on about? It was just some joke rumour.

Guest Mee-9

Moyes drifting in a little on paddy power. From 20/1 to 4/1.  :nigel:  :nigel:  :nigel:

Edit: As in Roberto Di Matteo on some sites. 

All these bookies price their Manager markets to criminal percentages and react to tiny bets. Wouldn't take it too seriously. Betfair will probably give you the best idea eventually as its a free market.

Depends if you think the owners had a wocked out plan which involved replacing someone thought to be better ....or whether they sacked NP first and then started scrabbling around. ..

this was a little giggle right? A wocked out plan.lol.

the PL is a big step up - it is easier to win the championship than to stay up! In the same way we need players who have experience - I think we need a manager with experience - Lennon? Cotterill? Romantic but not serious. IF we want to get to top half or top 6 - we need some one with the nouse to get us there.

Archived