Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

We always used to bang on about wanting to know more. Well here it is!

Some did but it just shows other clubs your hand and improves their chances of gazumping (sp) you. Also makes you come across as amaturish and unbusiness/unprofessional

I can see why this sudden desire to spunk money up the wall left, right and centre would cause serious tension with somebody as fiscally conservative as Nigel Pearson.

Personally I like Austin, but to blow how many millions of pound notes on Okazaki last week, and to potentially commit to spend what will likely be nearer £20m on Austin this week, considering we already have the likes Vardy, Ulloa, Kramaric and Nugent is just daft IMO.

Maybe a lesson has been learnt from last summer. If you want a player, pay the premium. Stop dicking around with crap bids. If we'd have landed our summer targets, we may not have been in trouble up until the point we were.

This is all very exciting.

I hope more cash gets splashed.

By the sounds of some of the articles, that's exactly what he wanted.

If that's the case then fine. When Guus turns us down and Cotterill takes over we might have an issue ;)

Maybe a lesson has been learnt from last summer. If you want a player, pay the premium. Stop dicking around with crap bids. If we'd have landed our summer targets, we may not have been in trouble up until the point we were.

This is all very exciting.

I hope more cash gets splashed.

On the flip-side being responsible with our cash last season helped us make it to 14th place in our first season back in the Premier League for a decade.  

QPR were the opposite to us at the time....look where they ended up.

Not saying we are comparing apples with apples here....but caution is needed.

On the flip-side being responsible with our cash last season helped us make it to 14th place in our first season back in the Premier League for a decade.  

QPR were the opposite to us at the time....look where they ended up.

Not saying we are comparing apples with apples here....but caution is needed.

yeah but thankfully we are not blessed with having Deadcrap at the helm   (and I hope that doesn't change.... ever)

The whole failing a medical at Hull was a bit of a joke.

Scans showed he had some weird thing with his knee that could one day flair up but it never has and hasn't since that medical.

Steve Bruce had the same thing and failed medical at Man U before Ferguson signed him anyway and we know how that turned out.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11714/9724379/premier-league-steve-bruce-admits-he-should-have-signed-charlie-austin

It's too easy to get wooed by big figures. The people who we sign have to want to play for the club or it won't work. The 11/12 season proved that conclusively.

We must continue to insist that players coming to this club have the right attitude.

Kante doesn't sound too keen.

If we're still perusing and he doesn't want to come then it doesn't inspire much confidence that'll he'll give it his all. I could understand our persistence if it was his club that didn't want to sell but the player kinda stinks.

Guest Cujek

Fantasy football stuff and all thanks to the $$$$$$ of the owners - we should be so lucky to be throwing around 12 million pound bids for an England international.

In the owners we have to trust.

To the next level. BOOM !!

Yeah, because chucking money ariund always works well for us

Guest MattP

Gee I'm sorry that I'm willing to entertain the idea that a club with no manager, seemingly adopting an approach mastered by Hull and QPR in the last couple of seasons, that struggled last year despite having a squad that was clearly completely behind the manager, might not be about to take the Premier League by storm. How dare I lack the blind optimism that any real fan should have, how I dare I refuse to be completely oblivious to the shambolic decision making that we've seen over the last few days.

Exactly, hopefully. I'm hopeful we'll appoint a better manager but I see no reason to believe we will personally.

The decision to sack Pearson has got to me, and hopefully this is just me wallowing in self-pity. But I don't see where this incredible level of optimism is coming from.

Great post.

We've been here before unfortunately, anyone who expressed any concern regarding Sven and the spending we were going through then was told to go and support Forest or Hull with their overrated shite manager Nigel Pearson.

I was sort of hoping we were going for the Southampton model, it appears quite clear though it's QPR we have decided to copy.

Great post.

We've been here before unfortunately, anyone who expressed any concern regarding Sven and the spending we were going through then was told to go and support Forest or Hull with their overrated shite manager Nigel Pearson.

I was sort of hoping we were going for the Southampton model, it appears quite clear though it's QPR we have decided to copy.

How so exactly?   A bid for one of the best strikers in Prem last season?   Or links to Hiddink which may or may not be true?  Jumping the gun a bit i fear with all these comparisons to QPR

Great post.

Whats the Southampton model out of interest?

Imagine being a Leicester fan and still thinking having money to burn will bring success lol - remember spending big under Peter Taylor, or chucking decent amounts of money around under Martin Allen (compared to the seasons before) or the 11/12 season with Sven? You'd have thought given we're 0 for 3 this century in chucking masses of money around that we might have more trepidation...

Great post.

Imagine being a Leicester fan and still thinking having money to burn will bring success lol - remember spending big under Peter Taylor, or chucking decent amounts of money around under Martin Allen (compared to the seasons before) or the 11/12 season with Sven? You'd have thought given we're 0 for 3 this century in chucking masses of money around that we might have more trepidation...

This time my attitude has changed,I certainly didn't want NP to go but it's happened and we can't change that,although regarding the spending my attitude has changed.We were a shite team in a shite league without the Premier league payments,we were spending obscene amounts of money on fees and wages on lower end Championship players at best.We are now in the top tier and can attract better players and have a tad more security with the prize money,I like taking risks,you win some you lose some.

Great post.

What the Southampton model that includes spending 10s of millions of pounds on players over the last 3 years and the Southampton model that also includes being interested in Austin. Deary me

Massive difference here when you're drawing comparisons.

£5.5m for Akinbiyi

£1.6m for DJ Campbell

£4m for Beckford

Akinbiyi had no record whatsoever in the Prem.

DJ Campbell had no real record above League 1 before signing for Birmingham and didnt really do anything there before we bought him.

Beckford had flatteted to deceive at Everton and after being turned down by every other target, was a panic buy by Sven.

Austin scored shitloads for Swindon, Burnley and QPR at levels up to the Premiership earning an England call up.

Throwing money at sub-standard players will never work. But spend on quality, you have a different kettle of fish altogether.

When we've spent in the past, we've spent on the wrong players.

Austin and Kante are not in that bracket.

I cant imagine being a Leicester fan and hearing we're trying to sign one of the most highly rated English strikers for a club record fee and the overriding feeling is to think 'but what about when it didnt work before'.

This would be a good signing for money not unrealistic in the market we are in.

Archived