Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

That's like saying you prefer Ulloa over Ronaldo because his goals per shot last season was better.

Not at all? If Ulloa and Ronaldo's other significant stats were similar, then yes, but they are not.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2014/2015/leonardo_ulloa/165/126/10242/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/charlie_austin/126/126/10903/0/p|la_liga/2014/2015/cristiano_ronaldo/136/136/232/0/p#goals_scored/assists/key_passes/chances_created/total_duels_%/pass_completion#avg

Remove Ronaldo from that... Then consider that Ulloa played 667 minutes less than Austin and that his goals per shot was much better...

Not at all? If Ulloa and Ronaldo's other significant stats were similar, then yes, but they are not.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2014/2015/leonardo_ulloa/165/126/10242/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/charlie_austin/126/126/10903/0/p|la_liga/2014/2015/cristiano_ronaldo/136/136/232/0/p#goals_scored/assists/key_passes/chances_created/total_duels_%/pass_completion#avg

Remove Ronaldo from that... Then consider that Ulloa played 667 minutes less than Austin and that his goals per shot was much better...

I don't see why it has to be a choice between the two though?  Can't we just have both, which seems what is likely to happen anyway. Surely you can't say that Austin wouldn't strengthen our attack.  As for making other positions priority, who is to say we haven't and are already in process of bidding on players we have targetted. If Cambiasso signs and we do get Kante, then another CB/RB should be all we need?

I don't see why it has to be a choice between the two though? Can't we just have both, which seems what is likely to happen anyway. Surely you can't say that Austin wouldn't strengthen our attack. As for making other positions priority, who is to say we haven't and are already in process of bidding on players we have targetted. If Cambiasso signs and we do get Kante, then another CB/RB should be all we need?

I do agree with you...

As long as we can keep Ulloa, Vardy, Okazaki, Austin, and Kramaric all happy...

And it doesn't affect other business...

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned - but has anyone considered that Austin might be setting his sights slightly higher? I'm sure in time other more established prem clubs will come in?

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned - but has anyone considered that Austin might be setting his sights slightly higher? I'm sure in time other more established prem clubs will come in?

we're leicester city fc and we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

I'd say the Soton model is selling vastly overrated English talent for big money and then replacing it with cheaper and better options from the continent - combine that with a brilliant youth system and you're probably onto a winner.

Southampton made a profit last summer. It was outrageous business from them to improve the squad and secure the club financially.

But we simply don't have the youth set up or quality of youth players to sell so therefore impossible to follow.

Southampton have also just terminated the contract of their record signing (17 million I think) if we did that this place would be pandemonium and the owners would be branded the most stupid people in the world.

Southampton has access to almost the entire South as their scouting pool, before Bournemouth were promoted, the nearest premier league club was Palace. That is something we will NEVER be able to replicate.

Odd statement to make.

As currently between brum and norwich there is no premier league clubs other than us. And we can go as far north as manchester and as far south as London before finding a premier league club at the minute.

Sheffield, the midlands, Peterborough, mk, Bedford, luton all in our catchment.

Maybe we are shit at producing players or took our eye of that ball before ffp kicked in.

Odd statement to make.

As currently between brum and norwich there is no premier league clubs other than us. And we can go as far north as manchester and as far south as London before finding a premier league club at the minute.

Sheffield, the midlands, Peterborough, mk, Bedford, luton all in our catchment.

Maybe we are shit at producing players or took our eye of that ball before ffp kicked in.

Norwich, WBA, Villa?

this "catchment" area thing is really pissing me off. people don't seem to understand that if there is no club between here and, let's say manchester, there is also no club between manchester and here. so it's their "catchment area" too. and they're all better than us. 

Qpr apparently want £15m for Austin. I would bid that but having just signed Okazaki and Kramaric do we need another striker?

It would suggest that somebody could potentially be on their way out  :whistle:

The bookies have better odds on him going to Newcastle / west ham than us at this moment. I did see an article stating that Austin is pleading with QPR to lower the asking price so I imagine clubs will have to play the long game with this signing. We made our move, now let's see over time if QPR back down or a club makes an improved offer.

I'm still not sure about Austin do you really think he's worth £15m and by the sounds of it he wants to stay in London warming Chelsea's bench or going to West Ham rather than come to Leicester can we get any better for that kind of cash??

Is he worth £15 million?

If he scores 17+ goals next season or even improves on this tally. I can only see his value increasing. Especially with the number of English players in 25 man squad increasing which is pushing values up. I cannot predict the future but watching him on last day of season his striker instincts and quality was evident.

Archived