Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Really? The Thais are billionaires.

I have always wondered if the Thai's are the only people behind the club. They are billionaires (on paper) but I really doubt they have the liquidity of a petro billionaire.

They have spunked a lot of real dough up the wall considering their wealth.

We will know over the next few weeks if they are spending more or looking to take some divi's to reduce their outlay.

Guest Cujek

I have always wondered if the Thai's are the only people behind the club. They are billionaires (on paper) but I really doubt they have the liquidity of a petro billionaire.

We will know over the next few weeks if they are spending more or looking to take some divi's to reduce their outlay.

I think they have access to more money than we think, winning that polo tournament would not have been cheap, for example.

I think they have access to more money than we think, winning that polo tournament would not have been cheap, for example.

Isn't there a mainland Chinese polo player part of the set up in some capacity? Chinese money could rival Abramovich without question.

Sorry whats a petro billionaire?

I'm not sure why we bothered with the preamble bid and didn't table £15m straight away. Just seems a pointless waste of time to me when we could actually do with saving some time.  

Simple really you don't get rich giving it away.

3 mil is sod all considering their wealth. Gut feeling says an improved offer to go in this tuesday with a shirt holding at pitch side by friday.

Would mean most likely Nugent to go out on loan/leave if he actually come here :(

Newcastle would be my guess. West Ham have quality if AC stays fit with Sakho too. But could still see them splashing and Austin wanting London still.

He's been up and down the country so Newcastle shouldn't bother him, and they can offer him 1st team football in the 11

It amazes me that even though Austin is quality, we can't guarantee him a start with Vardy, Kramaric, Okazaki and Ulloa!

Could even see him wanting to hold out for poonited as they're binning RVP and Hernandez and probably loaning Wilson.

This would be a big coup tbh

I'm not sure why we bothered with the preamble bid and didn't table £15m straight away. Just seems a pointless waste of time to me when we could actually do with saving some time.  

Same Austins worth £15 million in todays money problem for us is how to we balance fitting in all of our strikers

It just makes such little sense spending £7million on Okazaki and bidding £12+ for Austin. If Austin was really a target surely this bid should have gone in instead of Okazaki signing a few weeks ago.

I'm sure Walsh and Rudkin know what they're doing in terms of areas to improve and realistic targets but Austin on top of what we have is just bizarre. Vardy, Ulloa, Okazaki & Kramaric will all expect to start most games next year. All the best to the new manager..

It just makes such little sense spending £7million on Okazaki and bidding £12+ for Austin. If Austin was really a target surely this bid should have gone in instead of Okazaki signing a few weeks ago.

I'm sure Walsh and Rudkin know what they're doing in terms of areas to improve and realistic targets but Austin on top of what we have is just bizarre. Vardy, Ulloa, Okazaki & Kramaric will all expect to start most games next year. All the best to the new manager..

Definitely its understandable why Pearson wasn't keen on bringing them both in

Didn't multiple people in the Rudkin thread that not only did him and Pearson not see eye to eye, but that Rudkin was heard during our poor run-in saying that the players, with the exception of Schlupp, King, and a few others, were useless? I didn't believe it at the time but if there's any truth to that it does explain why now that Pearson's gone it now seems as though more of his favourites may be sidelined or even binned off altogether for new signings

Didn't multiple people in the Rudkin thread that not only did him and Pearson not see eye to eye, but that Rudkin was heard during our poor run-in saying that the players, with the exception of Schlupp, King, and a few others, were useless? I didn't believe it at the time but if there's any truth to that it does explain why now that Pearson's gone it now seems as though more of his favourites may be sidelined or even binned off altogether for new signings

I would be surprised if Rudkin made such a statement especially in that blunt manner ... no doubt we need strengthening, more so in midfield than anywhere else...

Don't rate Austin that highly. Not sure what he will add that is different to our other strikers. Certainly not worth 15 million that is being banded about.

We've officially lost the plot as a club. Madness going on. Bid 15 mill for him and anyone else we try and get will also cost us a fortune.

Sigh.

A week ago we had made some solid signings and u was looking forward to the start of the season.

Now were manageress without the few signings we really needed and looking a bit lost as to what happens next. :(

Don't rate Austin that highly. Not sure what he will add that is different to our other strikers. Certainly not worth 15 million that is being banded about.

We've officially lost the plot as a club. Madness going on. Bid 15 mill for him and anyone else we try and get will also cost us a fortune.

Sigh.

A week ago we had made some solid signings and u was looking forward to the start of the season.

Now were manageress without the few signings we really needed and looking a bit lost as to what happens next. :(

Somebody hasn't had their Cheerios this morning.

Sigh.

A better than one in two striker in virtually every season in his career, in every league including the Premier League. I don't understand how £15 million seems a mad price?! A top end championship player is around £10 million. I rather pay an extra £5 mill for an 18 goal Premier League striker. 

Sigh.

ITK?

But how do you know we are getting a woman in?

This one is well under the radar so praps has some mileage in it.

Can anyone get the odds we are the first prem team with a female manager.

Archived