Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

If he's gonna sign for Leicester he'll want to know who the manager will be. Otherwise he'll choose a different option for sure.

The sooner that's sorted the better, regardless of whether everyone agrees on the appointment, and whether it makes or breaks this deal, Austin won't be the only one who won't hang around forever.

Will he though? Would he have scored so much last season if he had played for us, in the place of Ulloa? Or in the place of any of our strikers?

Highly likely. He's a better finisher than Ulloa and tends to last 90 mins a game.

Will he though? Would he have scored so much last season if he had played for us, in the place of Ulloa? Or in the place of any of our strikers?

Well we wont know unless he comes to us will we? If you're going to spend money on a striker though who better than someone who proved it last season he can score in the prem in an awful team.

You cant sit there and think 'will he score for us though?' otherwise you wouldnt sign anybody. He's certainly a gamble worth taking and would most certainly improve our strikeforce.

Personally though i cant see it happen. Im sure a bigger more established club will snap him up.

Well you're asking me to answer the impossible, I can't say for sure.

What I can tell you is that he outscored all of our strikers in the championship with ease in a much worse team, despite being injured for large periods. He also outscored all our strikers with ease in the premier league in a much worse team.

With that in mind I think it's safe to suggest he probably would have.

I should add that my only concern is that he looks like a fat tramp, and that does make me wonder about his lifestyle.

Highly likely. He's a better finisher than Ulloa and tends to last 90 mins a game.

Is he a better finisher than Ulloa? In the Premier League?

Again, maybe you watched more of QPR last season than I did, but I disagree that he is a better finisher, and statistically he isn't either.

And having to substitute Ulloa isn't necessarily too much of a bad thing - especially having Vardy, Kramaric, and Okazaki - if they start on the bench, it'll be healthy for them to be able to get some game time.

Is he a better finisher than Ulloa? In the Premier League?

Again, maybe you watched more of QPR last season than I did, but I disagree that he is a better finisher, and statistically he isn't either.

And having to substitute Ulloa isn't necessarily too much of a bad thing - especially having Vardy, Kramaric, and Okazaki - if they start on the bench, it'll be healthy for them to be able to get some game time.

Well for starters he scored 7 more times than Ulloa. Ulloa also had spells sat on our bench and wasn't a guaranteed starter throughout the season. Austin would have started every game for us. He only scored 3 goals in 28 after his initial good start to the season. Austin would have started every game for us and is a bit more consistent in my opinion. 

I do like Ulloa, but out of the two i'd definitely have Austin over him.

Austin has a bit of everything, I'm not sure we have another striker that has. Scores long rangers, short tap ins, headers, got a bit of pace, chips in with assits. Our others all have a few of those assets but not all of them.

Well you're asking me to answer the impossible, I can't say for sure.

What I can tell you is that he outscored all of our strikers in the championship with ease in a much worse team, despite being injured for large periods. He also outscored all our strikers with ease in the premier league in a much worse team.

With that in mind I think it's safe to suggest he probably would have.

I should add that my only concern is that he looks like a fat tramp, and that does make me wonder about his lifestyle.

Just spat my digestive biscuit all over my keyboard lol warn me next time

I want this to happen, and then Klopp comes in with Esteban as a player/coach and together they guide us to a star studded 13th place and we all forget who Pearson is and his son is seen with one of the Thai women he married because he got her pregnant as he lives in a caravan outside of Scunthorpe and his dad calls him a dissapointment down the phone from his cabin in the woods where he boils leaves to make tea, has a beard bigger than Hamer and his walls are covered with the heads of the dogs he's murdered.

Austin has a bit of everything, I'm not sure we have another striker that has. Scores long rangers, short tap ins, headers, got a bit of pace, chips in with assits. Our others all have a few of those assets but not all of them.

This prospective transfer confuses me. Whilst he would be immense equally off of Vardy or Ulloa, or even the 3 of them together, then it has to mean Nugent off and then surely a disappointed Shinji and Andrej.

It surely can't be good to have that amount of competition?

If Benteke goes to Liverpool then surely Aston Villa will be in for Austin. Which is why if it's going to happen we should tie up a deal quickly.

Let's just pretend we have a manager.

I want this to happen, and then Klopp comes in with Esteban as a player/coach and together they guide us to a star studded 13th place and we all forget who Pearson is and his son is seen with one of the Thai women he married because he got her pregnant as he lives in a caravan outside of Scunthorpe and his dad calls him a dissapointment down the phone from his cabin in the woods where he boils leaves to make tea, has a beard bigger than Hamer and his walls are covered with the heads of the dogs he's murdered.

:blink:

Look, James... its time to move on.....

Sky have suspended betting on him joining Palace. That would be a good move for Austin as Palace don't have a great set of striking options, Murray aside, at their disposal at the moment.

They've suspended betting on Cabaye not Austin. But their odds for Austin have been cut drastically, just signals a shift in people's opinion, nothing ITK.

They've suspended betting on Cabaye not Austin. But their odds for Austin have been cut drastically, just signals a shift in people's opinion, nothing ITK.

Apologies, that's correct. I read them both in the same article so got them confused:

Betting suspended on Cabaye

Odds for Austin to Palace cut from 15/1 to 3/1

If Palace do sign him then that puts Palace up in a stronger position the league. I like Pardew as a Manager, He clearly knows how to build a side.  

The lack of a Manager is clearly having an effect on where players will go. There trying to hang on to see who's coming in as Manager while been put under pressure to decide by other Clubs. Not a good situation to be in for anybody.

Archived