Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Charlie Austin will never score 18 Premier League goals in one season again would be my guess. Undoubtedly a Premier League quality player but he isn't good enough to consistently score that amount season after season, he isn't Michael Owen. I certainly don't think he is worth 15 million, I think his true market value is closer to half of that.

Disagree, the lad is a natural goalscorer. Scored bags full at every level he's played at.

Charlie Austin will never score 18 Premier League goals in one season again would be my guess. Undoubtedly a Premier League quality player but he isn't good enough to consistently score that amount season after season, he isn't Michael Owen. I certainly don't think he is worth 15 million, I think his true market value is closer to half of that.

He's definitely capable of a similar amount. A lot of his goals were quality. There wasn't many scruffy finishes or lucky bounces in there. Even the one he scored against us on the final day was a quality header into the corner. Kasper had no chance. Then there was that Bergkamp-esque goal against Southampton. He's a fine player with a good attitude and a great goalscoring records. In my opinion, the only striker you can get for less than £20m who is guaranteed goals.

The fee is on the hefty side but looking at the market, you have to expect that. His current wage is about average for a Premier League player and he'll obviously want a decent increase but it won't be stupid money.

For me we can't have Ulloa and Austin in the same squad.

So if it's Austin in then it's Ulloa out to fund it.

Now Wood is gone I can see why we are looking for another 'big' striker. But yes Ulloa and Austin would both want to be first choice so maybe C. Cole would be the alternative as a 'squad player'

Archived