Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Why not have them in same sqaud. Every player wants first team football but someone has to miss out. Need a good back up so ulloa as a back up to Austin and vardy/Okazaki sounds good to me!

And me.

Guest Col city fan

Funny player is Austin.

Has no real pace to speak of, and always looks a bit chunky.

But definitely knows how to score goals. Just seems to have the instinctive knack of a sniffer.

With the goals he scored last season in a dreadful QPR side, 15 million quid I'd say was about the going rate.

Haha, as much as i know where you're coming from, it makes no literal sense. My house is up for 200k so hopefully someone will offer me 250k

The difference is that he was listed at 15 & we offered 12

Funny player is Austin.

Has no real pace to speak of, and always looks a bit chunky.

But definitely knows how to score goals. Just seems to have the instinctive knack of a sniffer.

With the goals he scored last season in a dreadful QPR side, 15 million quid I'd say was about the going rate.

You say some weird shit sometimes.

will probably choose Newcastle rather than risk sitting on our bench lol (like we are Man City  :D )

I think Austin will do well if he remains fit and I think the club are looking for another big striker as we only have Ulloa at the moment.Living in London could make Newcastle too far although the betting would suggest that is his choice.

This would be a signing that would give everyone a lift compared with talk of Cole but ultimately we need to sort the midfield out and that would be my choice for a top signing

Guest Col city fan

You say some weird shit sometimes.

It's probably a bit of an old fashioned term.

I am 46!

A 'sniffer' is a Gary Lineker or a Tony Cottee.

Lurks inside the penalty area and pounces on half chances...instinctively knows where the ball is going to drop, thrives on half chances. That kinda thing.

Austin is a bit of a sniffer. He can score goals from further out but most of his play comes from the second ball dropping somewhere in the penalty area.

Such players are worth their weight in gold.

Ps it's only 'weird shit' if you don't know what it means

It's probably a bit of an old fashioned term.

I am 46!

A 'sniffer' is a Gary Lineker or a Tony Cottee.

Lurks inside the penalty area and pounces on half chances...instinctively knows where the ball is going to drop, thrives on half chances. That kinda thing.

Austin is a bit of a sniffer. He can score goals from further out but most of his play comes from the second ball dropping somewhere in the penalty area.

Such players are worth their weight in gold.

Ps it's only 'weird shit' if you don't know what it means

You're right. The original was Allan (sniffer) Clarke.

Guest Col city fan

You're right. The original was Allan (sniffer) Clarke.

Of course!

Apparently hardly scored a single goal from outside the penalty area?

Archived