Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

my uncle walter was a expert sniffer.. three convictions for stealing of washing lines..

Was expecting a drug joke and was disappointed.

By the way Sky report "bets are off on Charlie Austin to Newcastle."

Edit: might be older news than I thought

Guest Col city fan

my uncle walter was a expert sniffer.. three convictions for stealing of washing lines..

lol

Of course! 

Apparently hardly scored a single goal from outside the penalty area?

Correct he never left the box. But was always on the right place at the right time. Funnily I'm not sure he'd even get a game in the modern era. Where forwards are expected to work back. But he was a great goal scorer and a joy to watch.

£14million/£15million seems a lot but then again he scored 18 goals in a very poor QPR side last season. Can't question that goalscoring record.

Dunno how true that article would be though, I'm guessing it's because we've already bid for him? New manager might not even want him. If it is true though/we do want another striker, surely another forward has got to leave.

We can do much better business than this fort the same money. Would prefer a battering ram striker in the Benteke, Lukaku, Bony mould.

Look at those names though. We haven't got a chance.

Lambert would be good for me

What difference would 1 f***ing million make! I personally will be really pissed off if they do offer just 14million. They also say an established premiership side but having watched Newcastle last year they seem to be a club on the down where as we look like a club with massive potential

We can do much better business than this fort the same money. Would prefer a battering ram striker in the Benteke, Lukaku, Bony mould.

What are you on about. These 3 players are £30m players. That's twice the asking price for Austin.

Austin in Ulloa out is the only plausible thing I can think of if we do land Austin....

Or Ulloa to be sitting on the bench as a direct replacement for Austin during a game?

Who knows what formation CR is going to choose but I can't see Ulloa getting a lot of game time if Austin is fit all season.

Really hoping Kramaric becomes good next year as well, such a talented player that can score for fun when in-form and confident.

Can't see the club selling Ulloa & I don't know why everyone thinks they will? Austin & Ulloa are 2 different types of players.

Ulloa - A target man who links up play wins the majority of headers offensively & defensively who is also a goalscorer.

Austin - A poacher who is always making runs behind the defence playing on the last mans shoulder quite often & has a nack of being in the right place at the right time. Yes he struggles with pace but he gets in the right positions.

I personally think the pair would compliment each other well if you are playing a defensive formation, yes they haven't got much pace between them but against the less physical defensives these 2 could work quite well

Austin in Ulloa out is the only plausible thing I can think of if we do land Austin....

Or Ulloa to be sitting on the bench as a direct replacement for Austin during a game?

Who knows what formation CR is going to choose but I can't see Ulloa getting a lot of game time if Austin is fit all season.

Really hoping Kramaric becomes good next year as well, such a talented player that can score for fun when in-form and confident.

What evidence is there that kramaric can score for fun in the premier league when confident. I'm not saying he can't, just saying good performances last year did nothing to suggest this.

What evidence is there that kramaric can score for fun in the premier league when confident. I'm not saying he can't, just saying good performances last year did nothing to suggest this.

He won top goal scorer in half a season. Regardless of the league, that's still proven. Maybe not in the Premier League, your right.

But if he gets some strength and a bit more explosive play, he could be deadly for us.

Under Raneiri I think both Kramaric and Mahrez will blossom.

Villa got Benteke for £7m and Bony went for about £12m to Swansea though.

And how much did QPR pay for Austin?

Regardless of previous transfer fees, they are valued at 30m+ now.... Maybe not Bony! Benteke is about to go to Liverpool for 30+ mill.

And how much did QPR pay for Austin?

Regardless of previous transfer fees, they are valued at 30m+ now.... Maybe not Bony! Benteke is about to go to Liverpool for 30+ mill.

You think i meant that i hope we sign them in this window? was just making the point that there's value out there, not every decent striker in the league has to cost £25m+. Personally hoping that Kramaric can replicate what both Benteke and Bony have done in terms of goals though.

You think i meant that i hope we sign them in this window? was just making the point that there's value out there, not every decent striker in the league has to cost £25m+. Personally hoping that Kramaric can replicate what both Benteke and Bony have done in terms of goals though.

No sorry, I thought you were trying to compare their previous worth to their current.

Austin could be a good signing, I personally hope we get him in, and it would show real intent for one of the most sought after strikers in the Premiership (mid table sides)

Not sure why people keep thinking Nugent, who played the majority of the season in the position where I imagine Mahrez will start the new one, is more at risk than Ulloa if we get Austin? Unless we get a new attacking midfielder I'd be more than happy to see Nugent play again next season

No sorry, I thought you were trying to compare their previous worth to their current.

Austin could be a good signing, I personally hope we get him in, and it would show real intent for one of the most sought after strikers in the Premiership (mid table sides)

Someone would have to make room though surely? If we're bidding then we must have plans to offload another striker?!

Archived