Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Not sure why people keep thinking Nugent, who played the majority of the season in the position where I imagine Mahrez will start the new one, is more at risk than Ulloa if we get Austin? Unless we get a new attacking midfielder I'd be more than happy to see Nugent play again next season

Kramaric can play that role

Kramaric can play that role

He didn't play that role very well though did he last season and I seem to remember Nugent going right back in after we tried it? Kramarić holds onto the ball for way too long at the moment, half the time he seems to do about 50 stepovers before looking to cross, and then rather than crossing he'll have a shot at the side netting instead

Guest Col city fan

I don't mind keeping Ulloa. He's done a good job for us.

But a situation of Ulloa out and Austin in? Yes I'd take that personally.

Nuge is out of contract at the end of this season. I'm sure he'll be reasonably happy to be a squad player on PL wages before he makes his inevitable drop down to the Championship to a team of his choosing.

He didn't play that role very well though did he last season and I seem to remember Nugent going right back in after we tried it? Kramarić holds onto the ball for way too long at the moment, half the time he seems to do about 50 stepovers before looking to cross, and then rather than crossing he'll have a shot at the side netting instead

I think that's a little harsh considering the amount of time he actually played there. We should not be so quick to judge - I agree when Nugent came in for that breif period he made a little more of a difference in that role but he's has years of gelling and getting to know his team mates.

And we would be competing with a lot of other more attractive clubs. If we want him just bid the 15m and be done with it.

Sets a bad precedent. You cannot do business like that. If we just went in with the offer a club was asking for, we would have to pay the asking price every time, and it would not be long before 5 million was added on to every asking price because clubs would know 'Leicester City always pay the asking price'.

I don't mind keeping Ulloa. He's done a good job for us.

But a situation of Ulloa out and Austin in? Yes I'd take that personally.

This.

And a few other points made by others that are bang on elsewhere!

Ulloa has been great for us, fully committed to the cause and scored some vital goals.

However, Austin stayed positive and played well in a very poor 'team' just a bunch of overpaid idiots playing for their pay.

Newcastle don't offer much better in Regards to being an attractive offer for Austin to take. I personally, from a neutrals perspective would prefer the Leicester squad to join than the Newcastle one.

He would do very well in an environment like Leicester & I'd be confident in his ability to get the ball in the back of the net!

This.

And a few other points made by others that are bang on elsewhere!

Ulloa has been great for us, fully committed to the cause and scored some vital goals.

However, Austin stayed positive and played well in a very poor 'team' just a bunch of overpaid idiots playing for their pay.

Newcastle don't offer much better in Regards to being an attractive offer for Austin to take. I personally, from a neutrals perspective would prefer the Leicester squad to join than the Newcastle one.

He would do very well in an environment like Leicester & I'd be confident in his ability to get the ball in the back of the net!

And the Newcastle fans would probably boo him if he didn't score every week!

I don't think Ulloa had a bad season at all. Did very well in a side that struggled for most of the season. Austin however did better in an even worse side.

I'd keep Ulloa as he is an option, but I wouldn't mind Austin on board. Nugent would probably have to make way. Been a good servant of the club but no time for sentiment in the PL.

I think £13.5 would get Austin, but he is probably worth £15 in the current market.

Perhaps he'll sign for Villa now , to replace Benteki ?

I thought this.

But selling Delph & Benteke shows a real lack of ambition, they are arguably their 2 best players!

Think that Leicester are a side that are investing, not selling, we are more attractive!

I thought this.

But selling Delph & Benteke shows a real lack of ambition, they are arguably their 2 best players!

Think that Leicester are a side that are investing, not selling, we are more attractive!

Keeping players at clubs, when there heart is somewhere else is criminal though

I thought this.

They both had buy out clauses which were met so their ambition didn't come into it.

Archived