Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Depends how they spend the money, Austin for benteke isn't bad, then they have an extra 15million + what ever the chairman spends extra for new players

think Lerner is looking to flog them - he would presumably not be spending too big if at all

Sets a bad precedent. You cannot do business like that. If we just went in with the offer a club was asking for, we would have to pay the asking price every time, and it would not be long before 5 million was added on to every asking price because clubs would know 'Leicester City always pay the asking price'.

Not convinced about that philosophy but it's a long and theoretical argument that doesn't end with any firm answers anyway. I buy and sell intanglibles everyday and often give the asking price. It's undoubtedly true that i could buy some things cheaper but it's also arguable that I get far more opportunities as a result - and therefore better profits in the long run. The psychology of dealing is fascinating.    

That signing for Newcastle leaves us and palace as the remaining parties who have shown an interest. However, Villa may pursue him after the Benteke deal is complete.

From a negotiation point it puts us in a strong ler position to bring the fee down from the £15m QPR are holding out for. This may be the reason for the delay.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did sign Austin. Newcastle look like they're going to sign Mitrovic (great signing may I add) and Aston Villa are not going to spend 15 million on Austin. As a matter of fact I'd be willing to bet they go for someone like Adebayor to replace Benteke due to the Sherwood link. Austin to Leicester.

He caused us a lot of trouble in the games last year.Think it would be worth a punt and I don't think it would spell the end for Ulloa.Suspect he will end up in London or Newcastle but he might fancy working alongside Vardy assuming he is not upset about being edged out of the England line up a few weeks ago.Betting still suspended not that they know anything.

Have a feeling he might go to Spurs, if Kane goes to Man Utd.

Funny isn't it, I don't think either player is of the calibre to play for those teams strangely enough. What a difference a year makes.

No way. he's just built like a brick shit house. 

I commented on it some time ago. He was fat and unfit as we know all QPR players were. But if he can score 18 goals as a fat bastard, maybe with our fitness regime he could do better. ( What would be a worry though is that he could be a lazy bastard and a fat bastard.) I do quite like Ulloa as well though.

I commented on it some time ago. He was fat and unfit as we know all QPR players were. But if he can score 18 goals as a fat bastard, maybe with our fitness regime he could do better. ( What would be a worry though is that he could be a lazy bastard and a fat bastard.) I do quite like Ulloa as well though.

Yeah.... all he does is score goals!

When I saw Austin play the last game of the season down here I thought he looked over weight

How many of his goals for QPR where penalties?

So, taking away penalties, it's still 15 Premier League goals in a totally rubbish team.

Archived