Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

It's like when you play FIFA/PES against your mate and he shoots from all over the pitch. Then at half time the shot stats are like 5/289 in their favour and they think they're battering you.

That's QPR.

As much as I rate him and would love to have him here I just don't think we need him, we've already got Kram, Vardy, Ulloa, Okazaki with Nuge/ Mahrez playing in the hole. Personally I'd have rather signed Austin than Okazaki but it's too late for that now so let's spend the money on some top quality full backs and a couple of midfielders

I don't think Ulloa will be.

He's one of our most dangerous when it comes to height attributes (such as heading etc).

But he has serious interest. I can't see them Selling Vards. Okazaki isn't going anywhere, Nugent, great as he is, hasn't had people sniffing around and I can't see them letting The marvel Mahrez go.

I can see this going to deadline day, have a bad start and we'll probably bid for him. Isn't he out of contract next summer? Why pay £15m for him now, clubs might wait until January and see where they are. They'll probably accept a lower price then.

Leicester City Transfer News: Kevin Phillips says City unlikely to try again to sign Charlie Austin

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: July 23, 2015

10566875-large.jpg

Charlie Austin (right) is unlikely to be joining England team-mate Jamie Vardy at Leicester City, says coach Kevin Phillips

Comments (0)

Leicester City are unlikely to try again to sign Queens Park Rangers striker Charlie Austin, City coach Kevin Phillips has said.

City have had a £12 million offer rejected for the 26-year-old and a host of other Premier League clubs are said to be interested in taking Austin now QPR have been relegated.

Aston Villa, Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace and Newcastle United have been linked with a move but Phillips told Talksport this morning City were unlikely to join them.

"Charlie Austin would be an attractive proposition for any club, but we have five very good strikers here already," said Phillips.

"I think having six would be a bit too much."

City have added Japan international Shinji Okazaki to their ranks this summer and new City boss Claudio Ranieri already has David Nugent, Jamie Vardy, Andrej Kramaric and Leonardo Ulloa to call upon.

City have also been linked with Algeria international Islam Slimani.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Transfer-News-Kevin-Phillips-says/story-27470788-detail/story.html#ixzz3ghpd0eyK 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Leicester City Transfer News: Kevin Phillips says City unlikely to try again to sign Charlie Austin

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: July 23, 2015

10566875-large.jpg

Charlie Austin (right) is unlikely to be joining England team-mate Jamie Vardy at Leicester City, says coach Kevin Phillips

Comments (0)

Leicester City are unlikely to try again to sign Queens Park Rangers striker Charlie Austin, City coach Kevin Phillips has said.

City have had a £12 million offer rejected for the 26-year-old and a host of other Premier League clubs are said to be interested in taking Austin now QPR have been relegated.

Aston Villa, Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace and Newcastle United have been linked with a move but Phillips told Talksport this morning City were unlikely to join them.

"Charlie Austin would be an attractive proposition for any club, but we have five very good strikers here already," said Phillips.

"I think having six would be a bit too much."

City have added Japan international Shinji Okazaki to their ranks this summer and new City boss Claudio Ranieri already has David Nugent, Jamie Vardy, Andrej Kramaric and Leonardo Ulloa to call upon.

City have also been linked with Algeria international Islam Slimani.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Transfer-News-Kevin-Phillips-says/story-27470788-detail/story.html#ixzz3ghpd0eyK 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

So basically he said nothing about us bidding or that we did bid.

Has there actually been a single official comment that we actually made a bid?

So basically he said nothing about us bidding or that we did bid.

Has there actually been a single official comment that we actually made a bid?

Les Ferdinand confirmed the bid.

Judging by Ramsay's comments today, Charlie isn't up for coming to Leicester so duck the greasy hair mongrel.

AUSTIN WANTS TOP HALF 

From SSN

QPR manager Chris Ramsey admits Charlie Austin is likely to leave the club this summer, but is aiming for a team in the top half. Relegated Rangers have already turned down big-money bids and are holding out for more than £15million for the 26-year-old striker. 

Ramsey told talkSPORT: "We have to be realistic. It's unlikely he'll stay. We want to keep him but it's unlikely.

"He's aiming to go to a team that's in the top half of the table, if he doesn't then he could stay."

AUSTIN WANTS TOP HALF 

From SSN

QPR manager Chris Ramsey admits Charlie Austin is likely to leave the club this summer, but is aiming for a team in the top half. Relegated Rangers have already turned down big-money bids and are holding out for more than £15million for the 26-year-old striker. 

Ramsey told talkSPORT: "We have to be realistic. It's unlikely he'll stay. We want to keep him but it's unlikely.

"He's aiming to go to a team that's in the top half of the table, if he doesn't then he could stay."

so he's staying at QPR then! Unless he wants top half team on the bench most weeks!

Their financial fair play commitments. He's an asset they have to cash in on. Doubt they'll get £15 mil.

They probably will when it comes to the crunch, it just won't be us that bids it. We seem to offer way under the asking price of what clubs value players at, then walk away wandering why we didn't get anywhere.

Archived