Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

he is worth the fee (especially if some recouped by offloading ulloa) as its a guaranteed 15 goals, assuming most reports have substance it appears we put cash on the table, how many others?, we can offer game time but if he is looking for london club/big wages , best leave this target and concentrate on midfield areas

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like him. Obviously, we did brilliantly yesterday but there were still lots of chances, incl one on ones, we didn't convert.

In tighter games, that may prove to be the difference between points and comfortable survival and not.

He's a goal scorer; not sure about Okazaki and Kramaric but I think it's something we lack.

I'd like him. Obviously, we did brilliantly yesterday but there were still lots of chances, incl one on ones, we didn't convert.

In tighter games, that may prove to be the difference between points and comfortable survival and not.

He's a goal scorer; not sure about Okazaki and Kramaric but I think it's something we lack.

Okazaki IS a scorer, Kramaric will be.

I don't think Ranieri wants him anyway.

We have Ulloa as a similar player and by picking Vardy & Okazaki yesterday maybe he like his strikers to be more mobile and hard working team players.

I hope we don't buy him especially if we haven't sold Ulloa in the mean time.

18 Goals in 35 apperences, at 12m quid. I really don't see why we shouldn't bid again. Yes we need to strengthen in other areas but in simple terms we just have to out score the opposition to win games.

As I said in another thread I think he's the upgrade on Leo. and 13m is the asking price - if he's worth 12 he's worth 13.

Archived