Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

QPR must desperate to get him off the wage bill after all he is a key player for a club of there standard and there ticket back to the premier league.  But clubs never pay the full transfer fee upfront its normally done over the length of the players contract. So if they are serious about selling him now and getting all the cash i would think they would have to lower the asking price significantly to around 10 million before any club would consider paying the full fee upfront.

Austin i'm sure would have his sight's set on joining a bigger more established club then Leicester he has publicly stated he want 's a move to a top 10 club. That takes us out the equation. So Leicester is a non starter.

I suspect no club will end up paying that fee of 13m upfront so unless they lower it i can see him joining a club last min.com on transfer deadline day on loan as QPR's desperation to get his wage(or at least some if it)off the book's increases.

QPR must desperate to get him off the wage bill after all he is a key player for a club of there standard and there ticket back to the premier league.  But clubs never pay the full transfer fee upfront its normally done over the length of the players contract. So if they are serious about selling him now and getting all the cash i would think they would have to lower the asking price significantly to around 10 million before any club would consider paying the full fee upfront.

Austin i'm sure would have his sight's set on joining a bigger more established club then Leicester he has publicly stated he want 's a move to a top 10 club. That takes us out the equation. So Leicester is a non starter.

I suspect no club will end up paying that fee of 13m upfront so unless they lower it i can see him joining a club last min.com on transfer deadline day on loan as QPR's desperation to get his wage(or at least some if it)off the book's increases.

Aren't we a top ten club - at the moment?

we are top of the league.

Why are we still discussing Austin - are we trying to follow Bayern Munich's lead and simply buy whatever talent's on the market in order to nullify our immediate competitor's chances? :D

Get one or two midfielders in first before we keep on talking about Austin.

Yes at the moment! I Kinda think he means an established top ten club

We are an established top 10 club at least we've been top of the fooking premier league for over 24 hours now those players just don't realise what their missing joining the premier league table toppers that are the mighty Foxes !! lol (very tongue in cheek lol !! )

How old is this thread? Thought it would be closed  after 25 pages and  I doubt it was started today.

Thought he'd gone somewhere else.

Just seen the thread was started 3rd July. We have improved the quality of the targets since then.

I'd like him. Obviously, we did brilliantly yesterday but there were still lots of chances, incl one on ones, we didn't convert.

In tighter games, that may prove to be the difference between points and comfortable survival and not.

He's a goal scorer; not sure about Okazaki and Kramaric but I think it's something we lack.

this

Yes at the moment! I Kinda think he means an established top ten club

I kinda think it's a misplaced concept. There's no such thing as an established top ten club. Any team can have an unexpected fall from grace, just as it's possible for a team to have an unexpectedly improved season. Nothing is set in stone in football.

You don't have to go very far back to when Man City were an established div 1 team. It's only money that's brought them to where they are now.

Well, we now have the money, and ambitious, committed owners. Who's to say we can't follow the same path?

It would be nice to get him, great season last year, if the money is there I suppose it is more of a question of why not? Does anyone officially know what Ranieri has been made available to him? Talking in extremes ofcourse, if he has a massive budget then I hope to see a tonne of signings, even if some are over priced(Not that I think Austin is overpriced, especially now the asking price has been slightly lowered). It's worked for a tonne of other clubs so I'm sure it would work for us too.  :thumbup:

Heard Palace's chairman on the radio, and apparently they approached QPR about CA. Words to the effect of: "he wants something above us." Realistically, I don't think we are above CP at present.

Chelsea, Spurs?

Do some people think we are a top 4 side or something?

We still are failing to attract decent players, i'd take adam.

How negative.

If we offer 13m they will sell Austin to us - possibly they'll sell him to us at 12m eventually. We don't need to take Adam, we have better.

Archived