Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freesolo

What are your favourite games of all time?

The original Mario Smash Football on Gamecube was the shit.  The immense satisfaction when you get the ball to your captain in space and throw out a protective barrier of bananas as you charge up a special so there's no way they can reach you to make a tackle is unparalleled. 

Watch some guys do the game no justice at all (I can't find a single video of people playing it well):

Where's the lob pass-shot combo straight from kickoff?  Why are items switched off?  Where are all the off the ball take-outs so when you do take the loose ball there aren't any defenders on their feet?  It upsets me to see the game abused so.

Planescape Torment.

Baldurs Gate 2.

Final Fantasy 7 & 8.

Braid.

Silent Hill 3.

Hotline Miami.

Eve Online.

I'm playing through SOMA right now on ps4, it could honestly join this list of it continues to hold up to the end.

For multilayer; MW3 and BF1942.

Some of the titles that have shaped my youth and more recent life stages:

Final Fantasy VII (I have terribly high hopes for the remake)

Resident Evil

Metal Gear Solid (PSOne)

Anstoss! 2 Gold (a German football simulation - as influential back in the days as Football Manager is today)

Mass Effect 2

Final Fantasy IX

Dead Space

Super Metroid

Final Fantasy VIII (I used to play the Japanese version months before the PAL edition was out :D)

Metroid Prime 1 & 2)
Grand Theft Auto III to V

Shenmue

Red Dead Redemption

Chrono Trigger

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Street Fighter II

Silent Hill

Vagrant Story

Max Payne (the new version is good, but doesn't fully incorporate what made the original sooo good)

Castlevania

Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy VI

Tetris :D

The Walking Dead

Wish I had the chance and time to play and fully enjoy Xenogears at the time.

Point Blank on ps1.

I used to love that, especially the Shoot the Car challenge, and one-shot chance at hitting a falling leaf

One thing about that game still bothers me - in the RPG mode, there was a tiny house in the middle of the woods and I never figured out how to get in there. The internet doesn't seem to know anything about it either

I've never been one for "gaming" and I've only had a few games in my life but from those I gotta say I've enjoyed all the GTA series. 'Vice City' remains an all time favourite. Loved the original 'Driver', too.

I've never been one for "gaming" and I've only had a few games in my life but from those I gotta say I've enjoyed all the GTA series. 'Vice City' remains an all time favourite. Loved the original 'Driver', too.

Original Driver was amazing. I only played the mode where you were being chased by about 20 police cars to start with, on the level with ridiculously steep hills (San Fransico?). If you went fast enough and braked, they'd all just fly over your head. I made one fly over a house once.

Original Driver was amazing. I only played the mode where you were being chased by about 20 police cars to start with, on the level with ridiculously steep hills (San Fransico?). If you went fast enough and braked, they'd all just fly over your head. I made one fly over a house once.

Yeah I think it was San Fransico. The trams were on that map. Absolutely loved Driver. Had the second (?) edition too but can remember being underwhelmed with it.

Archived