Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

MXq Android TV Box

Its funny actually, Ive spent the last 3 or 4 days researching android boxes and speaking to people. Conclusion: Don't buy cheap, you'll regret it. The cheaper boxes are incredibly laggy through the menus and frustrating to use. My Zoomtak T8 arrived from ebay today. Bit more expensive than the £50 I was originally gonna spend, but I am so chuffed with it. The quality is superb and its really fast and easy to use. Plus it came preloaded and jailbroken which is even better.

I've got Kodi sideloaded onto an Amazon Fire box and a cheap quad core android box up in the bedroom and to be honest I don't think there's a noticeable difference.

Slightly off topic maybe but I know nothing about this kind of thing. I'm looking for a digibox that can be used without an aerial so just over wifi. Is this the kind of thing you are talking about?

Pretty much. You can watch literally every movie/tv show/channel in existence through a program called Kodi on an android box. One of my addons has 600+ channels from around the world.

Slightly off topic maybe but I know nothing about this kind of thing. I'm looking for a digibox that can be used without an aerial so just over wifi. Is this the kind of thing you are talking about?

You can download the program onto your computer if you want to try first.

Its funny actually, Ive spent the last 3 or 4 days researching android boxes and speaking to people. Conclusion: Don't buy cheap, you'll regret it. The cheaper boxes are incredibly laggy through the menus and frustrating to use. My Zoomtak T8 arrived from ebay today. Bit more expensive than the £50 I was originally gonna spend, but I am so chuffed with it. The quality is superb and its really fast and easy to use. Plus it came preloaded and jailbroken which is even better.

I'm really interested in getting one of these, can you hook it up straight through Ethernet? or is it WIFI only?

I'm really interested in getting one of these, can you hook it up straight through Ethernet? or is it WIFI only?

Either or mate. Always going to be more stable plugged in but the T8 has a pretty good wifi reception too.

Either or mate. Always going to be more stable plugged in but the T8 has a pretty good wifi reception too.

Brilliant! gonna order one now, can't wait to mess around with it /geekmode haha

I'm in 2 minds about starting a Kodi thread. do you think there'd be much interest? should it be in here or general chat?

Do it as it gives newbies like me a good place to start and look for the best add ons, etc

I'm in 2 minds about starting a Kodi thread. do you think there'd be much interest? should it be in here or general chat?

This would be great. I've been using ice films which has been fine but I struggle when i want to watch something a little more obscure/old. Any other good add ons to help with that?

Also I went to most of our games once NBC stopped working for streaming so advice on football add ons for next season would be ideal.

Archived